Your Worst Assyrian Song Please?

ASHOOR

Administrator
Staff member
Note: choosing your worst song doesn't necessairily mean that you dislike the singer who sang it.

What is your worst Assyrian song? now I am sure there are many out there that you don't like or just not interested in even listening to them. But which one stands out? one that is even popular, but for you is not a good one.

Mine, and I really can't stand it, is:  Dalal Dalal Dalaleh by Sargon and Linda from the early 80s.

I don't know what is it about this song, but I just can't stand it. I guess they have overplayed it, and people don't mind hearing it everywhere. Linda sings it first song usually in many parties. So does Sargon sometimes. And here in Canada, many singers sing it too.

What is yours?

ASHOOR

I agree with khamra ateeka. I always crack up when I hear it. Chapeh chapeh is another joke..by far the most egotistical song I've heard.

Anything by Linda George, Sargon Gabriel, Janan Sawa, and Juliana Jendo. :lol:

"Janderma" has to be up there...oh and "Tamburina." :ROFLMAO:

Noo! I love all those songs! Except for "radeeti".

Worst song: "shamiran w sargina" Walter Aziz.

Oh, just rememberd another one -- "Amani" by Janan Jezrawi.  The words are horrible, and the music is set to the kurdi "bunny hop" tune.

khas said:
Noo! I love all those songs! Except for "radeeti".

Worst song: "shamiran w sargina" Walter Aziz.

Hey Peter my sister Sargina will kill you  she loves that song actually I like it it has nice zorna and it is pop :giggle: :giggle: :giggle: :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

Jon said:
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

No way Julie Yousif is just ear piercing!!!! 

See, I don't mind Julie Yousif really.  Not her songs -- she has nothing original, but just in terms of her voice.  It's not so bad.

Oh, another song I don't like, and I know everyone is going to attack me because it seems like everyone loves this song, but I honestly can't stand it:

"Kha dana jeelinwa, raba bnateh bayinwa" by Albert Mansour.

Everything by Ishok Yacoub, Jacob Dinc, and all the other Aramean singers :p. I am serious there isnt any good one.

To be fair, I do love many of Ms. George's songs from the 80s including Atoraya & Chicago (sad song).

HONEST said:
its actually one of my favourite song,, i was thinking of covering and recording it (my way).

i'll have to reverse your question because i have only few favourite Assyrian songs, and the majority of them i find it horriable,, especially the Tora w Baryya ones..

the story of Dallaeh is told briefly by a couple of members here..

http://www.assyrianvoice.net/forum/index.php?topic=29238.0

haha man they are the best on to dance

Tasqeen torret hakkari, torranet sawukh u sawi, babi mn toora u galiya yeemi mn deeshta u bareeya :D

Back