• Our popular and beloved forums are finally back, after being down since April 2018 due to hosting and server issues. We have now switched to a better platform, while maintenaing all data as it was before (contents and user names) . Thank you for your patience and loyalty. If you have any questions, need to report an error, or are having trouble logging in, please email us at: assyrianvoice@rogers.com

Your Worst Assyrian Song Please?

ASHOOR

Administrator
Staff member
Note: choosing your worst song doesn't necessairily mean that you dislike the singer who sang it.

What is your worst Assyrian song? now I am sure there are many out there that you don't like or just not interested in even listening to them. But which one stands out? one that is even popular, but for you is not a good one.

Mine, and I really can't stand it, is:  Dalal Dalal Dalaleh by Sargon and Linda from the early 80s.

I don't know what is it about this song, but I just can't stand it. I guess they have overplayed it, and people don't mind hearing it everywhere. Linda sings it first song usually in many parties. So does Sargon sometimes. And here in Canada, many singers sing it too.

What is yours?

ASHOOR

Nuray

I agree with khamra ateeka. I always crack up when I hear it. Chapeh chapeh is another joke..by far the most egotistical song I've heard.

Ashuriena

Anything by Linda George, Sargon Gabriel, Janan Sawa, and Juliana Jendo. :lol:

"Janderma" has to be up there...oh and "Tamburina." :ROFLMAO:

khas

Noo! I love all those songs! Except for "radeeti".

Worst song: "shamiran w sargina" Walter Aziz.

baklawa

Oh, just rememberd another one -- "Amani" by Janan Jezrawi.  The words are horrible, and the music is set to the kurdi "bunny hop" tune.

hanagoota

khas said:
Noo! I love all those songs! Except for "radeeti".

Worst song: "shamiran w sargina" Walter Aziz.

Hey Peter my sister Sargina will kill you  she loves that song actually I like it it has nice zorna and it is pop :giggle: :giggle: :giggle: :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

baklawa

Jon said:
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

No way Julie Yousif is just ear piercing!!!! 
See, I don't mind Julie Yousif really.  Not her songs -- she has nothing original, but just in terms of her voice.  It's not so bad.

Oh, another song I don't like, and I know everyone is going to attack me because it seems like everyone loves this song, but I honestly can't stand it:

"Kha dana jeelinwa, raba bnateh bayinwa" by Albert Mansour.