Assyrian Converts to Islam

He is being identified as Syrian Orthodox. he was from Turkey, and good thing there is no real reference to him to being 'Assyrian'

This video was uploaded by someone named 'GeneralKurdics' which looks to me like a dirty attempt to tarnish our name and show that we are converting to Islam. What a stupid and foolish attempt lol...

Can't wait fore this guy to go on a suicide mission :p

ASHOOR

there is nothing genetic about christianity.  Being assyrian does not mean that you have to be a christian. 

You two could have been born into a muslim family and would have been raised muslim.  How do you reconcile that?  You were raised christian by chance.

ultoMa said:
there is nothing genetic about christianity.  Being assyrian does not mean that you have to be a christian. 

You two could have been born into a muslim family and would have been raised muslim.  How do you reconcile that?  You were raised christian by chance.

Except this thread is about (keyword) conversion.

This man decided to become a Muslim and in doing so has killed off his sense of nationality. Most Assyrians are Christian, it's part of our culture, just face it.

Damail said:
Except this thread is about (keyword) conversion.

This man decided to become a Muslim and in doing so has killed off his sense of nationality. Most Assyrians are Christian, it's part of our culture, just face it.

paganism was part of our culture too.  If you converted to paganism, would you be less assyrian?

Ally said:
Blind faith leading the blind :(
Not to mention that he going to be worshipping this guy:

"When Allah opened Khaybar to his prophet Muhammad ? may Allah?s prayers and peace be upon him ? he (Muhammad) received as his share of the spoils four sheep, four goats, ten pots of gold and silver and a black, haggard donkey.
The prophet ? may Allah?s prayers and peace be upon him ? ADDRESSED the donkey asking,

?What is your name?

? THE DONKEY ANSWERED, ?Yazid Ibn Shihab. Allah had brought forth from
my ancestry 60 donkeys, none of whom were ridden on except by prophets
including prophet isaa. None of the descendants of my grandfather remain but me,

and none of the prophets remain but you and I expected you to ride me. Before
you, I belonged to a Jewish man, whom I caused to stumble and fall frequently so he used to kick my stomach and beat my back.?

The prophet ? may Allah?s prayers and peace be upon him ? said to him, ?I will
call you Ya?foor, Oh Ya?foor.? Then Ya?foor REPLIED, ?I obey.?

The prophet then asked, ?Do you desire females??

The donkey replied, ?NO!?

So the prophet used to ride the donkey to complete his business and if the prophet dismounted from him he would send the donkey to the house of the person he wanted to visit and Ya?foor would knock at the door with his head. When the owner of the house would answer the door, the donkey would signal to that person to go see the prophet.

When the prophet died, the donkey went to a well belonging to Abu Al-Haytham Ibn Al-Tahyan and threw himself in the well out of sadness for the prophet?s death, making it his grave."

Comments and personal opinion:
Muhammad converses with a donkey who is a believer in Muhammad's
prophethood and uses him as one of his means of transportation.

The donkey, which Muhammad named Ya?foor, comes from a line of donkeys many of which were ridden by prophets only including our Lord Jesus.

Muhammad asking the donkey his name and the
donkey identifying himself as Yazid Ibn Shihab assumes that animals
communicate and even name their offspring much like humans. What is amazing is that they even identify themselves as the son of their fathers much like the Arabs of Muhammad?s time did! This perhaps explains the following Koranic verse:

?There is not an animal that crawls in the earth, nor a bird that flies on its two
wings, but they are communities like you. WE have left out nothing in the Book. Then to their Lord shall they all be gathered together. S. 6:38 Sher Ali.

Furthermore, the donkey?s response to Muhammad?s question whether he
preferred females implies that Ya?foor was either celibate or had homosexual inclinations.

The sad thing about all this is that Yafoor went to hell for committing suicide. It
seems that the donkey wasn?t told that committing suicide is a sin that leads to the fires of HELL:

Narrated Thabit bin Ad-Dahhak:
The Prophet (p.b.u.h) said, "Whoever intentionally swears falsely by a religion
other than Islam, then he is what he has said, (e.g. if he says,

?If such thing is not true then I am a Jew,? he is really a Jew).

And whoever commits suicide with piece of iron will be punished with the same piece of iron in the Hell Fire."

Narrated Jundab the Prophet said, "A man was inflicted with wounds and he
committed suicide, and so Allah said: My slave has caused death on himself
hurriedly, so I forbid Paradise for him." (Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 2, Book 23, Number 445)Hence, the donkey believed in vain since, by committing suicide, he was
forbidden Paradise. In light of all these fantastic details, it is little wonder that
some reciters had difficulties with this fable.
Now a person may say that the Holy Bible also speaks of a  TALKING DONKEY.

Yet the biblical account greatly differs with this Islamic story since the Holy Bible clearly shows that the donkey only spoke as a result of a miracle:
"Then THE LORD OPENED THE DONKEY?S MOUTH, and she said to Balaam, ?What have I done to you to make you beat me these three times??" Numbers 22:28.

"Forsaking the right way, they have gone astray. They have followed the way of Balaam, the son of Beor, who loved gain from wrongdoing, but was rebuked for his own transgression; A SPEECHLESS DONKEY spoke with human voice and restrained the prophet's madness." 2 Peter 2:15-16

The Islamic tradition, on other hand, presumes that donkeys do actually
communicate with each other in the same way humans do and that, much like
humans, they even name their offspring and keep track of their ancestors for many

generations! The miracle in the account is not that Allah caused an animal to
speak, but that Muhammad was allegedly given the ability to understand the
language of the animals. This is confirmed in the next set of traditions.

Amazingly, one Sunni Muslim, Shibli Zaman, pokes fun at Shias for including a donkey as a narrator:

No shia`a on this planet will dispute the veracity of al Kulayni and his work.
Usool al Kaafi is the primary source of narrations for their distorted sunnah. This
is the same Usool al Kaafi which quotes the donkey of the Prophet (s) as a
narrator in a chain of transmission (isnaad) which al Kulayni declared authentic. It
literally says "`an Himaar ar rasooli-Llah" meaning "On the authority of the
donkey of the Prophet (s)"! (Source)
We wonder what  Muslims will say about Muhammad conversing with a
donkey who claims to be from a line of donkeys, many of whom were only ridden by prophets including Jesus The Christ
When you tell a Muslim the truth about their Prophet and their religion spread by the TERROR AND FEAR they get up set and want to kill you .

How you ever wondered why some people simply do not understand Christianity? take a good look at Matthew 13:11

The answer is in John 6:43  and JERM: 29:13  Christianity is not for every one, only for those that have a passion to know God.

A Comparison between Jesus and Muhammad

Differences between Jesus and Mohammed. The Muslims revere Mohammed as the greatest of prophets, yet Jesus clearly demonstrated greater authority, teaching, and miracles than Mohammed ever did. Why would anyone want to follow Mohammed over Jesus when Jesus claimed to be divine, performed many miracles, said he alone was the truth, raised people from the dead, and rose from the dead himself and Mohammed did none of these things. However, Mohammed did have people killed, spread his religion through war, married a very young girl and had relations with her when she was nine years of age, and taught hatred of Jews and Christians.

There is no comparison between Jesus and Muhammad. Muhammad falls so far short that he cannot be held on any level remotely close to Jesus. Muhammad is clearly inferior to Christ.

Ally said:
A Comparison between Jesus and Muhammad

Differences between Jesus and Mohammed. The Muslims revere Mohammed
Acrually there is a moral to this story: Jesus said by their fruits you shall know them. Here the writer unknowingly is expressing a point ; "Muhammad asking the donkey his name and the donkey identifying himself as Yazid Ibn Shihab!  Assumes that animals communicate and even name their offspring much like humans.

What is amazing is that they even identify themselves as the son of their fathers much like the Arabs of Muhammad?s time did!

How could Muslims not see these facts of GREAT DIFFERENCES

1. Jesus was born of a virgin. (Matthew 1:18-25)
1. Muhammad was born of a normal woman. (Ibn Hisham pp. 68-69)

2. Jesus served God as a child. (Luke 2:39-52)
2. Muhammad was an idolater. (Sahih Bukhari vol.6, p. 452)

3. Jesus read the Bible. (Luke:16-21)
3. Muhammad was illiterate. (Qur'an 7:156)

4. Jesus preached the gospel at God's command and lived on the donations of others. (Luke 4:16-21 and 8:1-3)
4. Muhammad, without being commanded by God, began to steal from others and live on their goods. (Ibn Hisham pp. 281-)

5. Jesus performed miracles. (Mark 3:9-10)
5. Muhammad could not perform miracles. (Qur'an 29:49)

6. Jesus made blind eyes see. (Luke 18:35-43)
6. Muhammad made seeing eyes blind. (Sahih Buk
hari vol. 8, p. 520)

7. Jesus made the lame walk. (Matthew 9:2-8)
7. Muhammad made the walking lame. (Sahih Bukhari vol. 8, p. 520)

8. Jesus healed withered hands. (Matthew 12:10-13)
8. Muhammad cut off the hands of others. Sahih Bukhari vol.8, p. 520)

9. Jesus raised the dead. (John 11:1-45)
9. Muhammad had the living killed. Ibn Hisham p. 308)

10. Jesus forgave his opponents. (Luke 23:43)
10. Muhammad had his opponents murdered. (Sahih Bukhari vol. 5, pp. 24

11. Jesus set the condemned free. (John 8:1-11)
11. Muhammad condemned the free and led them into slavery. (Ibn Hisham p. 466)

12. Jesus preached in God's chosen temple. (Luke 20:1)
12. Muhammad prayed at the Ka'ba when it still contained hundreds of idols. (Sahih Bukari vol. 1, p. 151)

13. Jesus preached against divorce. (Matthew 5:31-32)
13. Muhammad preached divorce and allowed temporary marriage with compensation. (Mut'a) (Qur'an 2:230, Sahih Bukhari vol. 7, p. 8)

14. Jesus was sinless. (John 8:46)
14. Muhammad was sinful. (Qur'an 47:21 and Qur'an 110)

15. Jesus gave Himself as a sacrifice for all mankind. (John 1:29 and 10:18) 15. Muhammad died unexpectedly of illness (which he himself said was due to a poisoning attempt). (Sahih Bukhari vol. 5, p. 510)

16. Jesus rose from the dead on the third day after His death, and later ascended into heaven. (Luke 23 and 24)
16. Muhammad was buried in Medina on the third day after his death. His tomb is visited by pilgrims each year. (al-Tabari vol. 9, p. 208)

17. Jesus is God's Word and God Himself. (John 1:1, 14)
17. Muhammad was only a warner. (Qur'an 29:49)

18. Jesus lives!
18. Muhammad is dead.

THE SUMMARY

JESUS / CHRISTIANITY

vs

MUHAMMAD | ISLAM
The God of Jesus Christ sent His Son to die for you.
The god of Muhammad demands that you send your son to die for him.

Only a blind person can not see the difference. But again there are a lot of people that are just as BLIND and it is our Job to teach them about God's Love.

ultoMa said:
paganism was part of our culture too.  If you converted to paganism, would you be less assyrian?

That's kind of thinking backwards, but I guess you wouldn't be any less Assyrian for doing so.

Damail said:
That's kind of thinking backwards, but I guess you wouldn't be any less Assyrian for doing so.

Why would paganism be considered backward thinking?

living water said:
Acrually there is a moral to this story: Jesus said by their fruits you shall know them. Here the writer unknowingly is expressing a point ; "Muhammad asking the donkey his name and the donkey identifying himself as Yazid Ibn Shihab!  Assumes that animals communicate and even name their offspring much like humans.

What is amazing is that they even identify themselves as the son of their fathers much like the Arabs of Muhammad?s time did!

How could Muslims not see these facts of GREAT DIFFERENCES

1. Jesus was born of a virgin. (Matthew 1:18-25)
1. Muhammad was born of a normal woman. (Ibn Hisham pp. 68-69)

2. Jesus served God as a child. (Luke 2:39-52)
2. Muhammad was an idolater. (Sahih Bukhari vol.6, p. 452)

3. Jesus read the Bible. (Luke:16-21)
3. Muhammad was illiterate. (Qur'an 7:156)

4. Jesus preached the gospel at God's command and lived on the donations of others. (Luke 4:16-21 and 8:1-3)
4. Muhammad, without being commanded by God, began to steal from others and live on their goods. (Ibn Hisham pp. 281-)

5. Jesus performed miracles. (Mark 3:9-10)
5. Muhammad could not perform miracles. (Qur'an 29:49)

6. Jesus made blind eyes see. (Luke 18:35-43)
6. Muhammad made seeing eyes blind. (Sahih Buk
hari vol. 8, p. 520)

7. Jesus made the lame walk. (Matthew 9:2-8)
7. Muhammad made the walking lame. (Sahih Bukhari vol. 8, p. 520)

8. Jesus healed withered hands. (Matthew 12:10-13)
8. Muhammad cut off the hands of others. Sahih Bukhari vol.8, p. 520)

9. Jesus raised the dead. (John 11:1-45)
9. Muhammad had the living killed. Ibn Hisham p. 308)

10. Jesus forgave his opponents. (Luke 23:43)
10. Muhammad had his opponents murdered. (Sahih Bukhari vol. 5, pp. 24

11. Jesus set the condemned free. (John 8:1-11)
11. Muhammad condemned the free and led them into slavery. (Ibn Hisham p. 466)

12. Jesus preached in God's chosen temple. (Luke 20:1)
12. Muhammad prayed at the Ka'ba when it still contained hundreds of idols. (Sahih Bukari vol. 1, p. 151)

13. Jesus preached against divorce. (Matthew 5:31-32)
13. Muhammad preached divorce and allowed temporary marriage with compensation. (Mut'a) (Qur'an 2:230, Sahih Bukhari vol. 7, p. 8)

14. Jesus was sinless. (John 8:46)
14. Muhammad was sinful. (Qur'an 47:21 and Qur'an 110)

15. Jesus gave Himself as a sacrifice for all mankind. (John 1:29 and 10:18) 15. Muhammad died unexpectedly of illness (which he himself said was due to a poisoning attempt). (Sahih Bukhari vol. 5, p. 510)

16. Jesus rose from the dead on the third day after His death, and later ascended into heaven. (Luke 23 and 24)
16. Muhammad was buried in Medina on the third day after his death. His tomb is visited by pilgrims each year. (al-Tabari vol. 9, p. 208)

17. Jesus is God's Word and God Himself. (John 1:1, 14)
17. Muhammad was only a warner. (Qur'an 29:49)

18. Jesus lives!
18. Muhammad is dead.

THE SUMMARY

JESUS / CHRISTIANITY

vs

MUHAMMAD | ISLAM
The God of Jesus Christ sent His Son to die for you.
The god of Muhammad demands that you send your son to die for him.

Only a blind person can not see the difference. But again there are a lot of people that are just as BLIND and it is our Job to teach them about God's Love.

i love it. thanks for all the references as well.

Damail said:

i have a hard time believing that you'd think of a pagan assyrian just as much assyrian as an atheist assyrian.  What's more, it's highly likely that you consider a christian assyrian more assyrian than the pagan and atheist assyrian.  Is this assumption correct?

also, i'd like to know the answer to david's question as well.  Why is it backwards thinking?

So he converts bcoz he wants 2 be 8weera like muslim not in a coffin!!
butt man satmawa hes in his fifties o like this dla mookhaa...alaha yathe dakhewa wen he was in his teenage years loool

but anyway alahaa pakhleee

Kurds are really getting ahead of us. They accept Christian Kurds.  yet we deny anyone outside of Christianity. lol 

Min 6eezy Assyria will rise.  Jesus will be back before Assyria.

David said:
Why would paganism be considered backward thinking?

Hmm, perhaps because paganism came before Christianity? Assyrians were pagan before they became Christian, that is what I meant by "backwards thinking".

ultoMa said:
i have a hard time believing that you'd think of a pagan assyrian just as much assyrian as an atheist assyrian.  What's more, it's highly likely that you consider a christian assyrian more assyrian than the pagan and atheist assyrian.  Is this assumption correct?

also, i'd like to know the answer to david's question as well.  Why is it backwards thinking?

Being Assyrian means sharing the thoughts and beliefs of other Assyrians. This is called culture. I would consider a pagan Assyrian more Assyrian than an atheist because the pagan belief was at least (at one point) part of our culture. Atheists (IMO) are nothing but destroyers of culture. The atheist ideal has no individual unique style that represents one community from another. Because a lot of our culture is derived from spiritual and religious things, how can someone who rejects such a cultural history possibly cope with their ancestral past?     

Damail said:
Hmm, perhaps because paganism came before Christianity? Assyrians were pagan before they became Christian, that is what I meant by "backwards thinking".

If paganism were "the truth", would this still be considered backward thinking? Islam began roughly 600 years after Jesus, so would Muslim converts to Christianity be thinking backwards as well?

If you mean by paganism that our ancestors were pagans then that is not true, because the ancient Assyrians did adopt the idea of one god, life after death (resurrection) did not accept mummification for they believed a human is made and shall go back to the same earth which he was brought from and that is why it was easy for them to accept Christianity since they did not see in it any contradiction to their beliefs.

David said:
If paganism were "the truth", would this still be considered backward thinking? Islam began roughly 600 years after Jesus, so would Muslim converts to Christianity be thinking backwards as well?

Your being too technical.

If paganism was "the truth" then most Assyrians would not have converted to Christianity. However, to answer your question, whatever people perceive to be the truth cannot be backwards thinking since it really comes down to subjectivity. It's not about which religion came first, it's about the message.

The discussion between me and ultoMa was more of a cultural context and not a religious one.    

For those of you who know arabic and those who do not, if you listened to the presenter he is mentioning the word "Fitra". Islam teaches that all people were born muslims from Adam to Mohammad, and that those who are jews or Christians are mislead into thinking otherwise and according to what Mohammad told his followers "Islam is the only religion accepted by Allah and that any one who believes differently, his belief will not be accepted and will go to hell".

So according to what muslims believe and what the presenter was saying, the idiot in the video did not convert to islam but he rather returned to his original religion before being mislead into another religion.

Another part of this idiotic interview is that the guy is telling the presenter that he has been a muslim for the past 20 years but he pretended to be a christian, something which can not happen in a muslim country because when some one becomes a muslim it is proclaimed every where and he can not say or pretend that he is a christian or a jew otherwise they will consider him to be an apostate and he would be executed.

Basically every one in that video is an idiot.

Nina said:
For those of you who know arabic and those who do not, if you listened to the presenter he is mentioning the word "Fitra". Islam teaches that all people were born muslims from Adam to Mohammad, and that those who are jews or Christians are mislead into thinking otherwise and according to what Mohammad told his followers "Islam is the only religion accepted by Allah and that any one who believes differently, his belief will not be accepted and will go to hell".

So according to what muslims believe and what the presenter was saying, the idiot in the video did not convert to islam but he rather returned to his original religion before being mislead into another religion.

Another part of this idiotic interview is that the guy is telling the presenter that he has been a muslim for the past 20 years but he pretended to be a christian, something which can not happen in a muslim country because when some one becomes a muslim it is proclaimed every where and he can not say or pretend that he is a christian or a jew otherwise they will consider him to be an apostate and he would be executed.

Basically every one in that video is an idiot.

Thank you!

Be'sharfie en awa khmara napelwa gu edy, (rikhqa menakhun) bet chikaleh b'qatlenwaleh! Mout bechem ses.....

ASHOOR

Christians used to bury without using a coffin either, they all used to have white shrouds just like Jesus was buried according to hebrew customs. The coffin burial was adopted later. Muslims still follow the same hebraic tradition. The guy is an idiot.

Back