ultoMa said:there is nothing genetic about christianity. Being assyrian does not mean that you have to be a christian.
You two could have been born into a muslim family and would have been raised muslim. How do you reconcile that? You were raised christian by chance.
Damail said:Except this thread is about (keyword) conversion.
This man decided to become a Muslim and in doing so has killed off his sense of nationality. Most Assyrians are Christian, it's part of our culture, just face it.
Not to mention that he going to be worshipping this guy:Ally said:Blind faith leading the blind
Acrually there is a moral to this story: Jesus said by their fruits you shall know them. Here the writer unknowingly is expressing a point ; "Muhammad asking the donkey his name and the donkey identifying himself as Yazid Ibn Shihab! Assumes that animals communicate and even name their offspring much like humans.Ally said:A Comparison between Jesus and Muhammad
Differences between Jesus and Mohammed. The Muslims revere Mohammed
living water said:Acrually there is a moral to this story: Jesus said by their fruits you shall know them. Here the writer unknowingly is expressing a point ; "Muhammad asking the donkey his name and the donkey identifying himself as Yazid Ibn Shihab! Assumes that animals communicate and even name their offspring much like humans.
What is amazing is that they even identify themselves as the son of their fathers much like the Arabs of Muhammad?s time did!
How could Muslims not see these facts of GREAT DIFFERENCES
1. Jesus was born of a virgin. (Matthew 1:18-25)
1. Muhammad was born of a normal woman. (Ibn Hisham pp. 68-69)
2. Jesus served God as a child. (Luke 2:39-52)
2. Muhammad was an idolater. (Sahih Bukhari vol.6, p. 452)
3. Jesus read the Bible. (Luke:16-21)
3. Muhammad was illiterate. (Qur'an 7:156)
4. Jesus preached the gospel at God's command and lived on the donations of others. (Luke 4:16-21 and 8:1-3)
4. Muhammad, without being commanded by God, began to steal from others and live on their goods. (Ibn Hisham pp. 281-)
5. Jesus performed miracles. (Mark 3:9-10)
5. Muhammad could not perform miracles. (Qur'an 29:49)
6. Jesus made blind eyes see. (Luke 18:35-43)
6. Muhammad made seeing eyes blind. (Sahih Buk
hari vol. 8, p. 520)
7. Jesus made the lame walk. (Matthew 9:2-8)
7. Muhammad made the walking lame. (Sahih Bukhari vol. 8, p. 520)
8. Jesus healed withered hands. (Matthew 12:10-13)
8. Muhammad cut off the hands of others. Sahih Bukhari vol.8, p. 520)
9. Jesus raised the dead. (John 11:1-45)
9. Muhammad had the living killed. Ibn Hisham p. 308)
10. Jesus forgave his opponents. (Luke 23:43)
10. Muhammad had his opponents murdered. (Sahih Bukhari vol. 5, pp. 24
11. Jesus set the condemned free. (John 8:1-11)
11. Muhammad condemned the free and led them into slavery. (Ibn Hisham p. 466)
12. Jesus preached in God's chosen temple. (Luke 20:1)
12. Muhammad prayed at the Ka'ba when it still contained hundreds of idols. (Sahih Bukari vol. 1, p. 151)
13. Jesus preached against divorce. (Matthew 5:31-32)
13. Muhammad preached divorce and allowed temporary marriage with compensation. (Mut'a) (Qur'an 2:230, Sahih Bukhari vol. 7, p. 8)
14. Jesus was sinless. (John 8:46)
14. Muhammad was sinful. (Qur'an 47:21 and Qur'an 110)
15. Jesus gave Himself as a sacrifice for all mankind. (John 1:29 and 10:18) 15. Muhammad died unexpectedly of illness (which he himself said was due to a poisoning attempt). (Sahih Bukhari vol. 5, p. 510)
16. Jesus rose from the dead on the third day after His death, and later ascended into heaven. (Luke 23 and 24)
16. Muhammad was buried in Medina on the third day after his death. His tomb is visited by pilgrims each year. (al-Tabari vol. 9, p. 208)
17. Jesus is God's Word and God Himself. (John 1:1, 14)
17. Muhammad was only a warner. (Qur'an 29:49)
18. Jesus lives!
18. Muhammad is dead.
JESUS / CHRISTIANITY
MUHAMMAD | ISLAM
The God of Jesus Christ sent His Son to die for you.
The god of Muhammad demands that you send your son to die for him.
Only a blind person can not see the difference. But again there are a lot of people that are just as BLIND and it is our Job to teach them about God's Love.
Damail said:That's kind of thinking backwards, but I guess you wouldn't be any less Assyrian for doing so.
ultoMa said:i have a hard time believing that you'd think of a pagan assyrian just as much assyrian as an atheist assyrian. What's more, it's highly likely that you consider a christian assyrian more assyrian than the pagan and atheist assyrian. Is this assumption correct?
also, i'd like to know the answer to david's question as well. Why is it backwards thinking?
Damail said:Hmm, perhaps because paganism came before Christianity? Assyrians were pagan before they became Christian, that is what I meant by "backwards thinking".