Zinda mag does it again!!! No shame

You are an angry and disrespectful person Salem and your arguments are just too convenient (let's keep attacking the Bishop, but he cannot sue for defamation because this is against Pope Salem's principles of forgiveness). I'm just not going to to waste my time responding to your post this time.

In keeping with John's request for maturity and respect...

Rima, you did actually waste your time replying to Salem's post, however you did not address all the issues/points presented in that post. Namely, the challenges he has placed you. The only issue/point you did address, was that of forgiveness.

John, given our colourful past I would like to make this crystal clear, no disrespect is intended by my following comments.
You state
JohnSydney said:
firstly the bishop hasnt done anything to us personally and i would never put down any other bishop from any other assyrian church the way u and others have, thats disrespectful, cos ur not only disrespecting him, but the church which gave him his authority and hence disrespecting Jesus himself.

I have to say that the bishop has actually done something to my family which was extremely personal. I will not get into the details of it because I don?t think airing such events is the Christ-like thing to do. However, having said this, I would also like to acknowledge some good the bishop has done in relation to my family and in turn to me personally. When my sick uncle (May God rest his soul) came down from the States to see his entire family for the last time, Mar Melis met with him and our family to pray over him. He also had talks with my cousins which I respected. He also personally consoled my Grandmother after my uncle had passed away.

My point here is that Mar Melis is human. He has his good and he has his bad. The reason I get upset is that many people, in all honestly, misguidingly treat him as God. He is our churches representative; therefore we should not acknowledge any of his wrong-doings. This attitude isn?t right. He is our leader and he can quite easily lead us astray. His actions should be scrutinised to make sure that he is doing the best possible job as our leader, as our representative of Christ. To me, a vigilant and watchful eye over the actions of our bishops and priests is the most avid mark of respect for Jesus as it seeks to not allow for a misrepresentation of him.

I would also like to say that I was quite upset by your comments regarding Showa B?yarkha and your comment about not wanting to bring Mar Zaia into it. My point here is that due to the issue at hand, many of us are getting upset. We all take these points and arguments to heart (to a degree) as you said yourself, it is OUR church, and it is personal. That does not mean that we can?t carry on these discussions with an air of mutual respect.

so my comments upset u? all the comments made here upset everyone, i am merely stating the truth, like everyone else, i have understood everyones perspective on this issue and i didnt want to bring mar zaia into it, so i waited and waited. u shouldnt be scared of the truth, we all know wots happening in our community and i didnt put other churches down, that would be greatly stupid of me. ive never called mar meelis God khasli, that would again be stupid of me and yes he is human, some ppl dont acknowledge that, however being in a responsible position that he is, ppl will always cast a watchful eye over him of course, thats y this has turned into a delicate matter. we will never know the truth, we should face that as a fact and get over it. my point was just to outline zindas lack of respect for the church, thats the purpose of this topic. if certain ppl wanna support or rebuke the bishop well then thats something they need to address in a different topic and not this one. if ppl want to argue a point they need to understand both sides, and this is where this discussion got out of hand. if zinda are uncovering the truth, if david chibo is uncovering the truth, then good on em. it takes courage in the assyrian community to stand up and deal with the truth, eena it needs to be done correctly. like everything in life, there is a right and wrong way of doing things. but ill guarantee u, ur gona know the truth very soon about this topic, take my word for it. ;-)

Renee, as ive said hundreds of times, of course the bishop has done alot of good things, its his duty, but if he has done something personal against someone, like ur family as u said, well those things need to be dealt with internally and ur right, airing them publicly isnt christ like, hence my anger and disgust at some of the things said about the bishop in these posts, the hatred and personal attacks shown are nothing near christ like, so im sure u can understand where im coming from. comments about other priests were made aswell, there was just no respect shown towards the church at all.

ppl do treat him as a God and ill tell u why. when he first came here, many assyrians saw him as the answer to our future. im talking about the parents right, theyre always so passionate about the church so they saw this as a sign of a positive future. he came here to help assyrians build a church (i dont mean physically i mean eeta) so thats why the older assyrian community worship him if i can use that term. and of course ur gona have opposition its only natural. but im sure u already know this

just another point i wanna add, when raban hurmizd church was being built, mar meelis himself would help the bricklayers lay bricks, he was seen many times in jeans, a bishop wearing jeans, bricklaying along with other dads and volunteers. there are photos in a journal im trying to find. my point is that these allegations are very old, ppl are still not over them, but if one day i find out that he was guilty of something bad, then i would be greatly dissapointed, but i would never turn my back on the church or place a difference between all the churchs in sydney just like how some ppl have done in this post.

ps. sorry for the essay

Simcat (or whatever your pathetic name is)..NAKHPITWA for using real names when you hide yours. If you were such a great man, you would at least show us your name if you wanted to make up absurdities and lies and bring our names (and families into it). How this man has not been banned is a mystery. Do you have any morals AT ALL? Can a human being stoop as low as this?

Temp, you are still a "daglana". The Church committee back in the day was run by members and supporters of "Khooyada". Don't give me this crap that the issues are unrelated. The Assyrian community was in a huge mess before Mar Meelis came to Australia and showed some leadership. Don't compare Edessa and what goes on in there to what was happening inside the actual church before Mar Melis came.

To you believers of this article which like simcat doesn't reveal an author's name, I ask you one question. Do you own violins?

Bani,

Bassa khina, the person didn't have the right to mention your real names, but your response is just unacceptable and unappropriate. I've removed the insults & the swearing, please ensure that THAT doesn't happen again.

As for banning that person, on what basis am I supposed to do that?

insulting comments against our identities and our families identities...calling me an "informant" and bring my family issues into a public forum shouldnt be within the AVN forum guidelines...if the guidelines dont cover this then im very disappointed by the AVN crew.

sydneydude said:
insulting comments against our identities and our families identities...calling me an "informant" and bring my family issues into a public forum shouldnt be within the AVN forum guidelines...if the guidelines dont cover this then im very disappointed by the AVN crew.

Moja Moja said:
I second what Sydneydude has said. Is there no limit here? First it was my photo, next it's my full name and my family.

sydneydude & Moja Moja,

I honestly cannot see any insulting comments towards your families, if you're seeing something I'm not, please quote it, as I've just gone back and read the post for the 3rd time and I still cannot see anything to that effect.

sydneydude,

With all due respect, but you yourself indicated several times that Mar Bawai is your uncle. I do not see why is it a big issue now when someone is using information you yourslf provided online.

As for calling you an "informant" to John, it's his opinion, albeit an incorrect one IMO since I do know your stance on this issue, but still, I do not see it as disrespectful or attacking, he just made an incorrect assumption.

Moja Moja,

Mate, you yourself have stated your full name on more than one occassion on AVN and its included in your photo album and many people knew it, myself and many more have called you "Bani" a lot of the time, why is it a big deal now? Is it just because its someone who's disagreeing with you?

Anyways, I'll ask "simqat" and everyone else to not mention any member's real name going forward, I'll also add that to the AVN terms & guidelines.

Back