Why are you proud to be Assyrian?

I'm proud to be apart of this fine nation because everyone hates everyone else and to me I couldn't ask for anything better!

I honestly have innumberable facts that make me proud of my background. I found it very hard to write a few words, as an alternative I wrote these sentences of what I consider important.

1)Surviving ethnic annihilation, preserving our ancient lanaguge (which predates Hebrew and Arabic), exceptional tribal traditions( raweh, jolet khomala etc.)

2)The explanations of our motherland and predictions that are written in the Holy Bible.

3)Despite the consequences of Assyrians emigrating there are ?people? in our community who still have the patriotic feelings and are striving for several rights.

My grandmother told me this story, there was a family living in a famous tribe in motherland. It?s members were a father and four children. He asked his sons to gather some branches, so did they and came back to him. He collected all of them in the living room, he told his older son to take some branches and break them so did he and the branches broke immediately. He asked the middle to take more branches than the first attempt and try to break them with his hands he couldn?t break them, then said the father my sons this is the strong foundation of a unified nation ? the more the branches were, the harder was to break them?.
This is a living story, the Assyrian father was trying to teach them the lesson of how important it is to protect and defend each other as one community. The more we defend and help each other the harder it?s for other communities to break us into numerous parts.

:banned:

? Love for one another and union can make us stronger, but if hatred contiunes towards each other we?ll go astray? A2reta4Eternity.
:heart:

Assyrians have accomplished prolly more then any other culture in this world, Assyrians have invented stuff that no one belives. but its sad to see ppl not too proud of wat they are, although they practically live on ASSYRIANvoice, talkin to only ASSYRIANS comin to ASSYRIAN parties, and sayin theyre not proud. im very proud to be an Assyrian, weve been through a hell of a time, sure theres some f'd up Assyrians but theres more good then bad to me,

Saggie said:
Assyrians have accomplished prolly more then any other culture in this world, Assyrians have invented stuff that no one belives. but its sad to see ppl not too proud of wat they are, although they practically live on ASSYRIANvoice, talkin to only ASSYRIANS comin to ASSYRIAN parties, and sayin theyre not proud. im very proud to be an Assyrian, weve been through a hell of a time, sure theres some f'd up Assyrians but theres more good then bad to me,

Thank YOU! I don't understand why people can be so negative. When most of them do have assyrian friends. It may not be true for everyone, but seriously, if you're not gonna say something positive, why say anything at all.

Anyway, i have another one. We spoke the language of Jesus.

Saggie said:

Saggie: you rock bro. That was amazing. I am glad you joined us, and even more happy to see you posting such a great post.

:yourock:

And people remember, the question is "why are YOU proud", so don't worry about what other Assyrians do.

ASHOOR

Plenty of my foreigner friends "mostly Yugoslavians" highly express their admiration for our community, saying "you're a minority like us living in this country" but your cultural achivements are more successful. They admire how our cultural preserving organisations work, promoting children to participate in Assyrian functions, organizing traditional dancing groups etc.

To the negative people, you might think what we've accomplished are small victories not worth mentioning! Read what YOUR community has experienced in motherland,
how some of our elderly people survived the persecutions and who are "a living history" of being cruelly tortured because of political beliefs (following Zowaa), religiously and culturally discriminated.
On some occasions the fact of having some youngsters lacking the knowledge of how our people underwent massacres in the village of SEMELH 1933, and SHATET SAYFO in Turkey tear my heart out. ANTI-ASSYRIANS have persecuted us, our forefathers were innocently murdered infront of their families and relatives, the generations after them emigrated for the reason that they wanted to live peacfully. Guess what, you are the ?fruits? of those heroes who chose martyrdom instead of convernting to Islam or denying their identity.

Rethink your negativity towards your community, our forefathers survived social, religious, economical restrictions, who have fought for keeping the identity alive you? Leaning back, living a comfortable life in these western socities?.

My second cousin STILL living in Baghdad underwent an assassination attempt he and a group of assyrian men in 1980?s because they were politically active. Life was never easy for ASSYRIANS in present time, nor in the PAST!

"the story of the poisonous sting of a SCORPION, is better told by the one who has experienced it"

:bash:

Back