Where is this Nation heading to?!

Rumtaya

I am sure everyone of us has at least once asked himself "where are we heading too?", "what are our goals?", "Can we ever acheive something that will lay a foundation into becoming a real Nation with a Statehood?". Recently I just started again asking myself that. Yet I have not found a answer to it.

If we take a short and simple look at our external political Situation then we are:

Divided in diffrent countries in the Middle East. Each country of it (Turkey, Syria, Irak and Iran) are run by nonAssyrians and non real democrats alongside nonChristians. Some very important factors that have driven us to the situation in which we are now. As for Iraq since its foundation it has been a bloodsheading country that tried at every point to undermine our rights, where it tried to put us as second class citizen with no real equality. The toppling of its former Leadership hasnt brought any real advantages for us, but probably more missre in which the half of our pre war population was driven out into the neighbour countries mainly (Syria, Jordan, Libanon and Turkey).

Which brings me to the next point, the political situation in Syria. A country that Assyrians have joined kind of peace and equality in the last 4 decades, however mostly those where guaranteed when you would not take anykind of oppostion towards the ruling goverment. Anyway the people would get along with it as long as it would guarantee some safeness. Considering what our grandfathers wen through, we kind of can imagine that they would only look for some peace and a way to make their daily life. However that is also coming to an end as we can see in the news. Now what will be the outcome of it? Noone knows yet. However I myself am afraid that just like in Iraq it will not really be a ppositive one. Nevertheless what should the Assyrians that live there since 90 years do and what should those poor one that fled Iraq do? I think noone of us can really know what they are going through. What we only know is that they are close to giving it all up. Yet hope remains and has always been the case for us.

Looking at Turkey and Iran, it is not really better. Probably even worser since for example Assyrians from Turkey have to 90% or more fleed those ancestral Assyrian Parts , namly Tur Abdin, Bohtan and Hakkari Region. As for Iran, we have lost huge areas and population during the genocide and the following years. A main event was the Islamic Revolution that made almost the whole remaing Assyrian population to leave the country. That event forced us to leave and our lands where taken by others through force. Although we have also some hope there, it does not look that good to obtain something, just as it is the case with Tur Abdin. Where the people defentily would never want to lose it, but we seem to have it lost already.

Again, what will be the outcome? What changes will those further changes in the Middle East bring us? We are living in a sheepsherd sourruned by wolves going for the final hunt.

Looking at our internal political situation, I cant really say if its that better or evern worser then our external one:

We are splitted in many groups. We have come to a point where we let ourselve be assimilated into diffrent nations. One started to identify himself with is country of brith. One would be an Iraqi, the other a Syrian and again the other one a Iranian. As for Turkey, I think we rearly have someone there that really would like to identify himself as a Turk. However if we just go back 100 years. You would have two family clans that lived side by side, that however nowadays identify diffrently. Probably through beeing exhaustsed of all the trouble or out of comfortabilty and lack of education and national spirit. Unfortunatly it lacks.

If we go further that, we have a even worser situation coming up or already beeing there. Beeing divided in diffrent religious dominations, that at some point has become for some their national identiy. A fake national identiy that was penetrated into the Assyrian nation through dirty political games. For what ever reason our people are buying in those games. Here again, is it cause of comfortabilty? Or is it the lack of education and a missing national spirit? I surly cant blame all for beeing as they are. To some degree those who are patriotic assyrians, have to admit that its not easy for someone to switch his identiy within days, weeks or months. Its a process that each individual has to undergo by himself.

Now we that like to take pride in beeing the first nation to convert to Christianty have lacked to understand christianty. Our nation is filled with political games, religious lies (lied and cheated on by "religoius figurs") and stubborness. Only few are really thinking ahead and some are trying to listin what the other is saying. We have come to a point where some within us would side with our "enemies" rather then with their own folks. Yet we think we all got some VIP cards for the heaven.

We (all of us, and yet few that honestly ask) are asking for the Equality, for the Truth and what is Right. Yet we dont play that way, we cheat on eachother, we bash on eachother we counter the most important factor that would guarantee our future "TO LOVE ONEANOTHER". How naiv is it by us to ask for the truth, for our rights, when we YET have not followed it by ourselves within our Nation.

I am convinced that whenever we understand what we are asking for that we will acheive our main goal. To live in Peace under our own law and protection. However if we do not, then we are running towards our END.

(Excuse me for my german english)

I didn't even have to read all of this but from skimming through it's nothing really new...no offense.  If you are involved in your community or the "Assyrian Struggle" as a whole, these are just bullet points to the situation.  What we need are answers to the points that you bring up.

rumrum said:
I didn't even have to read all of this but from skimming through it's nothing really new...no offense.  If you are involved in your community or the "Assyrian Struggle" as a whole, these are just bullet points to the situation.  What we need are answers to the points that you bring up.

I know my dear :). I am sure we will find them, whenever we act the way we are preaching or asking for.

MassExtinction.jpg

Back