We dont wear Kurdish Clothes...Bab l Hara proofs it

Rumtaya

Hey Guys I am sure everyone of you read at least 3 times that Kurds claim we wear their clothes (meaning Zowaa fighters and our forefathers from hakkari and northern iraq)...

Just have a look at this

Bab al-Hara (Arabic for "The Neighborhood's Gate" "باب الحارة") is one of the most popular television series in the Arab world,[1] watched by tens of millions of people[2] from "poverty-stricken Gaza to the opulent cities of the Persian Gulf."[3] The series chronicles the daily happenings and family dramas in a neighborhood in Damascus, Syria in the inter-war period under French rule when the local population yearned for independence.

[youtube=425,350]CrBbIrlg0tc[/youtube]

Akh Rumtaya, my mother-in-law and husband were glued to the set when that damn series was on.  Even if it was a rerun!  :bangin: I HATED IT!  But, yeah, I did notice the clothing....in between watching the stereotype of the evil, gossiping women causing all the trouble and having the ikhreh beat out of them  :bangin:

KhIgGaAaAaAa said:
what the hell?  :blink:  and what the hell did this prove again?? i don't speak arabic so i'm lost  :blink:

me neither hehe....

THE CLOTHES MAN...look at them!!!

Shami said:
The pants that they wear is called "Serwal" sounds familier, YES IT IS because it is actually of Assyrian roots "SHERWALA" or "SHALLA".

Last year in Syria, we went into an anticquie shop in old Damascus (Demashq al 3ate2a) and the store owner was a Sunni Muslim who asked what language we were speaking, and we said it was Ashuri, he replied to us "Ento el Asal, men wen jayeen el erbat bedon arad? Kel Sore elo asal Ashui eza bedo ao la2" meaning "You are the indigenous people of this land, and where did gypsies come from claiming their rights as ?natives?, every Syrian is of Assyrian decent if they liked it or not." We ended up spending 500 Syrian Pound in his store after this. Was it a marketing scam, or he meant it I do not know. But it was said and Syrians know full well what their roots are.

AND. I love Bab Al Haraaa  :2hearts:

Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiccccccccceeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our clothes are generally more colourful than Kurdish clothes. To an untrained, European/North American eye they may look the same but they're not.

You also may want to take a look at Japanese clothes:

http://cache.viewimages.com/xc/3423760.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=D278A15CF533E62CCFA1F66155000438A55A1E4F32AD3138

Or Greek clothes:

http://anthro.palomar.edu/ethnicity/images/Greek_Canadian_women.jpg

Or Finnish:

http://www.everyculture.com/multi/images/gema_01_img0085.jpg

Uh-oh, you all know what this means: all these nations stole their clothing from Kurds!

...or it could just mean all nations living in mountainous regions develop the same type of clothing for practical reasons...

On a side note: Kurds also claim Assyrians have taken aspects of "their" music, dance, and food. In reality, all the countries from Iran to Croatia share some aspects of these three things--none are entirely "Kurdish" or originally developed by Kurds. 

Back