War in Georgia

Rumtaya

Hey Guys did you watch the news? I saw it in the german TV, that Georgian Army is trying to retake the area of southern osetia which lies in the north of the country.

However Russia did suppourt this litle "autonomous area" after the  Fall of the Sowjetunion. Now what do you guys think this is? Is it just USA vs. Russia showing their power? As you know the western nations are pro Georgia, latly there have been talks that Georgia might enter the NATO.

_44904633_-2.jpg

Intersting to note is that the Russians did threat since and before the creation of "Kosovo" to help "Abachasien" and this osetien to gain autonomy. Abachasien is an autonomous area in the northwest of  Georgia lieing at the black sea.

I am pretty sure this war will bring alot of instability to the Caucasian Region and it probably will lead that people will concentrate less on Iraq.

I might just exaggerate it, but what do you guys think..is there all kinda plan behind this? Who would benefit indirectly from a War in Georgia? What would it cause in the international polictics?..

Lookin forward for your opinions.

Here you can read about it, there is a short video included.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7548715.stm

I hope this not some trick to get the Georgians fighting. I think Russia may use this as excuse to some to invade the country because its to unstable on its own and now Russia has the funds to back up their fight. Plus they need something to get the attention off the human rights abuse, and mess in Chechnya.

Back