Tutorial: Fonts and How to Type in Assyrian

Carlo

Instructions on typing: http://www.muhammadanism.org/Unicode/WindowsXP.htm (for Windows XP users. It should be the same or similar for Windows Vista/7, as of this posting I do not think you can type Assyrian on a Mac.)

Overview of all the Syriac Unicode entities (all possible characters):

Fonts:
  • Code 2000 and Beth Mardutho fonts (these fonts require the language bar to be in "SY"/Syriac)
  • Fonts from karozota.com (some these fonts require the language bar to be in "AR"/Arabic, some in "SY"/Syriac, and some in "EN"/English)
  • Estrangelo (V1.1) (my signature's font, this font requires the language bar to be in "EN"/English)
  • East Syriac Adiabene (V1.1) (a little different from Beth Mardutho's East Syriac Adiabene font with lamadh-alaph and detached taw-alaph ligatures, this font requires the language bar to be in "EN"/English)

Please feel free to add any other helpful links or to ask any questions.

Does anyone know where I can get the Osroene font in Syriac? It is the one where the letters are not connected, but written separately? I've been trying to find the font for years.

Assyria95Japan said:
can these fonts be viewed by other people?
because i have 2 fonts that when sent in MSN, they just come up as "dgfhrhv"

Not too sure about MSN, but as long as the other person has the fonts installed/enabled on their computer then yes, they can see the fonts.

Ashoor, you should fix This topic, it contains important informations for our Assyrian Language Center.

Carlo, did you ever have seen this Assyrian font #7 in the list below? Do you know where I can download it?

Aramaic.jpg

Zawoyo said:
Carlo, did you ever have seen this Assyrian font #7 in the list below? Do you know where I can download it?

Aramaic.jpg

No clue, bro. I've been wondering where to find it myself.

Back