the fellowship between christians and jews..great start..

manuel50

christians and jews need to start being friends in order for them to understand the faith we have through jesus the jewish prophet,and to heal the wounds and hatred assyrians have for jews.many assyrians think that jesus was christian,jews killed him so we have to hate them forever,forgetting that jesus was the greatest jew who ever lived.we have friends from many cultures and religions and not one jewish friend..why?because of the church teaching tha poisoned us for decades..we need to read to understand the truth and not rely on some stupid bishps and priests for the truth..

The church tells us to blame them? Since when?

Technically, it was the Romans who killed Jesus.

The Jews believe that Jesus was fake, hence they rejected God.

Jesus was not a prophet.

we have friends from many cultures and religions and not one jewish friend
How the hell can you tell how many Jewish friends Assyrian people have? I myself have Jewish friends.

I can't believe the stuff you have typed above. I hope I have misunderstood because it just seems absurd.

Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 6:16 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The church tells us to blame them? Since when
since i was a kid and i hear that jews killed jesus,and yes the church told me that in the books we read...
yes jesus was ajewish prophet,and it is our faith that we believe he is the son of god and christ..
its good u have jewish friends but most assyrians don't have ones..and my informations are not absurd..

manuel50 said:
Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 6:16 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The church tells us to blame them? Since when
since i was a kid and i hear that jews killed jesus,and yes the church told me that in the books we read...
yes jesus was ajewish prophet,and it is our faith that we believe he is the son of god and christ..
its good u have jewish friends but most assyrians don't have ones..and my informations are not absurd..

Don't know if the church you attend dose not understand scripture or if you failed to understand what was being taught. As Moja Moja stated, 'technically' the Romans killed Jesus. However, if was the Jews who requested this be done. They wanted him dead as they believed he was being blasphemous.

Yes most Assyrians probably don't have Jewisg friends. Most probably don't have Zimbabwean friends either. But your right about one thing. There is definet;y a hatred of Jews among our culture. It comes from teachings of the older generation. It is slowly starting to be weeded out but it will take a few generations for it to be fruitful and this hatred was deeply embeded within the minds of Assyrians the world over.

Assyrians and Jews should work together. Remember Jews are our qareeweh. If you don't believe me ask your parents. We as Assyrians have a vested interest in getting Jews on side, that being our welfare in Iraq.

Just to let you know manuel50, some Assyrians are currently working hand-in-hand with Jews on a number of issues that will see the protection of our people in the future ;-)

SillySally, I just realised that although I have friends of all cultures, thanks to you, I now know that Zimbabweans are lacking :). Good point though. The only reason I myself have so few Jewish friends is because I have not met that many in my life. Mind you, the ones that I have met, I have gotten along with. I am not a big fan of their people for political reasons but I have no problems with jews as individuals.

Manuel......Problems and animosity have existed between Assyrians and Jews for a few milleniums. It will not go away immediately. Nonetheless, there are many Jews who have not got the faintst idea who Assyrians are, so to them, we are no different to Zimbabweans. I met 2 Israeli girls here in Tokushima and when I told them that i was Assyrian, they didn't understand. i didn't know the Hebrew word for Assyrian so i said Ashuri, hoping that they would understand some Arabic. They still didn't understand. I had to explain the history and one of them realised who was talking about. She explained it to her friend and her friend's response was, "what? You mean you people still exist?"

We are insignificant to them.

There is definet;y a hatred of Jews among our culture. It comes from teachings of the older generation. It is slowly starting to be weeded out but it will take a few generations for it to be fruitful and this hatred was deeply embeded within the minds of Assyrians the world over.

I totaly agree with Silly Sally's quote and I will like to add on to it;

Perhaps the reason why this hatred is emmbeded in Assyrian's minds (especialy the older generation), is because of the Muslim influence they have had. Remember that our churches and it's followers in the middle east have had a tough time developing with the times let alone surviving in such a hostile and intolerant society of muslims, and through the ages, assyrians have increasingly become isolated from the true teachings of the bible (as our church has become the glue that holds our assyrian people together, a more cultural and ritualised thing rather than true christian), and therefore have adopted a more irrational and conspiring mind like muslims have.

It is only in developed and christian based societies (like the western world) where assyrians can see and understand what the bible says and what significance Jews have as a whole. In such countries, the active teachings of our church can also increase as there will be a freedom of expression and people growing up in such countries wont have a biased, irrational muslim like hatred towards Jews. Hopefully, the younger assyrian generation living in such societies will make the most of the freedom they have and understand what being a christian realy means and what importance the Jews hold for christians, and especialy us; assyrian-christians.

manuel50 said:
christians and jews need to start being friends in order for them to understand the faith we have through jesus the jewish prophet,and to heal the wounds and hatred assyrians have for jews.many assyrians think that jesus was christian,jews killed him so we have to hate them forever,forgetting that jesus was the greatest jew who ever lived.we have friends from many cultures and religions and not one jewish friend..why?because of the church teaching tha poisoned us for decades..we need to read to understand the truth and not rely on some stupid bishps and priests for the truth..

Christians don't need to befriend anyone in order to understand their faith. Christians should be ideally friendly with their fellow human beings, be it Jews or otherwise.

According to Christian teachings, Jesus was a holy spirit in a body of a Jewish man, therefore Jesus was not really a Jew. You cannot say that God follows a certain religion.

I do not believe in hating anyone, but the fact of the matter remains, the Jews were the main culprits in the crucification of Jesus.

We should choose our friends based on their personality and regardless of their background or religious orientation, but I don't believe that Assyrians should concentrate on making Jewish friends in order to fully understand Christianity.

The truth is there infront of you in the book, make of it what you like, you do not need priests nor Jews to help you understand it.

Good one Salem. I wish i had the means to have said exactly that. I guess the original post totally threw me off.

so salem,do u have muslim friends or not?if yes why don't u have jews then?if u are saying we should be friends with everyone regardless of their religion or backrounds.and yes assyrians or atorayii hate jews for religious and political reasons,i still hear it everyday that jews are jesus's killers,and let me tell u something,atorayii have better relationship with arabs than other christians...

Everyone is friends of people they get along with, people they have something in common with, people who can bring them joy, people who can lift one another up, etc.

sillysally
It comes from teachings of the older generation. It is slowly starting to be weeded out but it will take a few generations for it to be fruitful and this hatred was deeply embeded within the minds of Assyrians the world over.

my grandmother lived in jerusalem for three years with jewish families. my dad grew up in mosul with jewish friends. my aunty's good friends from university are jewish. the person sitting behind me at work and good friend of mine is jewish.

i dont think you should blame it on the "older generation". i think its more appropriate to blame on the "naive generations"...there are a lot of older assyrians which have taught me priceless principals about friendship/relationships....its the naive people who breed hatred and confusion in our culture.

sydneydude said:
sillysally
It comes from teachings of the older generation. It is slowly starting to be weeded out but it will take a few generations for it to be fruitful and this hatred was deeply embeded within the minds of Assyrians the world over.

my grandmother lived in jerusalem for three years with jewish families. my dad grew up in mosul with jewish friends. my aunty's good friends from university are jewish. the person sitting behind me at work and good friend of mine is jewish.

i dont think you should blame it on the "older generation". i think its more appropriate to blame on the "naive generations"...there are a lot of older assyrians which have taught me priceless principals about friendship/relationships....its the naive people who breed hatred and confusion in our culture.

You make a fair point. But I'm sure you yourself know that your experience is not the 'norm'. Many Assyrians avoid any form of contact with Jewish people due to what they have been taught by their parents. Naive is not the word I'd use to describe these people, at least not the one's I've encountered as they are well aware of the reasons for this dislike/hatred of the Jews. They sit and recount a number of historical events, biblical verses, personal experiences and even some stories of yesteryear. However you do make a fair point sudneydude

rofl @ assyrians and jews should work together, seriously thats the funniest thing ive heard all week. yes we should work together but it will never happen, cos it goes much deeper than an AVN forum, it goes much deeper than assyrians and jews living in the same city,

senalko top points man

manuel, nasha, u cant ask someone y they dont have jewish friends if they have muslim friends lol...come on. first u gota ask urself how the hell can u meet jews? they dont wanna mix with anyone and u know it, well here in sydney they dont, its rare.

u go ask an educated jew if they know who assyrians are, they act like they dont, but they do and they dont wanna talk about us. ive actually experienced this first hand, spoken to a jewish dad (i knew his son), he started telling me things about my own people that i didnt even know.

for the record, i dont 'hate' jews, i have more things against my own ppl than other nationalities, nikhrayeh have shown me more respect and love and care than assyrians have, but as an assyrian and a christian i dont hate no one, no jew nor roman, even if they killed jesus, it was our sin that killed jesus....eena akhnan assyrians we sit n watch Passion of the Christ and all we do is swear and curse the jews, failing to understand why it happened, we lived with hatred for the jews till today, without actually being able to prove what the jews have done to us or vice versa, if ur gona hate jews just cos ur parents have told u stories, then thats just shit im sorry to say, if ur gona like jews cos ur parents told u theyre our 'qareeweh' which by the way doesnt even make sense, then thats sad too, judge and like/dislike ppl through ur own experiences

lets work together as assyrians before sucking up to the jews for the apparent welfare of our ppl in iraq....stop living in dreamland

sorry i just saw something and im burning

manuel....dude how old r u honestly? i dont wanna attack u or lecture u cos i mean were just dicsussing this but who the f*&$@% are u to call bishops and priests 'stupid'???

u dont like what theyve told u then go convert to judaism, u dont agree with our church teachings, go start ur own church n teach wot u like, u wanna be a jew go learn hebrew n move to new york, dont come on the forums and question y we dont have jewish friends

its sad to see someone like u against our church teachings o hala ur sitting here telling us that we need to read to understand the truth cos weve been 'poisoned' by the church teachings.....thats sad honestly, it is YOU who needs to read and YOU my friend who needs the church

assyrians have hatred for jews la? what about the way jews see us, have u asked urself that?

i dont wanna see another post from u full of rubbish judging ppl for not having jewish friends and dont u dare ever put jews above assyrians

sorry if ive misunderstood any information and sorry for my language but none of u stood up for our bishops and priests

JohnSydney said:
rofl @ assyrians and jews should work together, seriously thats the funniest thing ive heard all week. yes we should work together but it will never happen, cos it goes much deeper than an AVN forum, it goes much deeper than assyrians and jews living in the same city,

senalko top points man

manuel, nasha, u cant ask someone y they dont have jewish friends if they have muslim friends lol...come on. first u gota ask urself how the hell can u meet jews? they dont wanna mix with anyone and u know it, well here in sydney they dont, its rare.

u go ask an educated jew if they know who assyrians are, they act like they dont, but they do and they dont wanna talk about us. ive actually experienced this first hand, spoken to a jewish dad (i knew his son), he started telling me things about my own people that i didnt even know.

for the record, i dont 'hate' jews, i have more things against my own ppl than other nationalities, nikhrayeh have shown me more respect and love and care than assyrians have, but as an assyrian and a christian i dont hate no one, no jew nor roman, even if they killed jesus, it was our sin that killed jesus....eena akhnan assyrians we sit n watch Passion of the Christ and all we do is swear and curse the jews, failing to understand why it happened, we lived with hatred for the jews till today, without actually being able to prove what the jews have done to us or vice versa, if ur gona hate jews just cos ur parents have told u stories, then thats just shit im sorry to say, if ur gona like jews cos ur parents told u theyre our 'qareeweh' which by the way doesnt even make sense, then thats sad too, judge and like/dislike ppl through ur own experiences

lets work together as assyrians before sucking up to the jews for the apparent welfare of our ppl in iraq....stop living in dreamland

As for Jews and Assyrians neevr working together, it's already happening and not only as co-workers but actually working with one another on a number of fronts.

I've had opposing experiences to your interactions with Jews. I've met quite a few educated Jews and they knew exactly who Assyrians are and the history there and didn't pretend otherwise. But all people are different so that's understandable I'm sure.

Have to give you credence for your comment regarding our sins killing Christ. Spot on!!! Perhaps some hatred stems from the naivety that exists regarding this very issue. I do agree with this point, however I think it's important to acknowledge that the dislike of Jews within our culture dose not simply stem from issues regarding Jesus' death. There's a whole lost of history there.

Let me explain the whole qareweh thing. I'm sure you know that traditionally when a man got married certain tribes had ceratin qareeweh. For instance someone from behtit Sohroh would have people from behtit Shreereh as their qareweh and would appoint someone from this 'tribe' as their qarewa during the wedding. This example is not accurate as I'm not sure which tribes were linked. Further, qarehweh were never allowed to marry someone from that tribe. And as the story goes, the Jews are our relatives, even the Jews themselves will tell you this and confirm the notion that we are qareweh id oodaleh.

Ask the oldies, they'll tell you. I had a Jewish friend who stated this notion to me a few years back too.

For the record, I don't like or dislike Jews based on what I'm told. I take each person as and Individual and base my perceptions of them on their actions as individuals. I've met Jews that I've liked and befriended and others that I have avoided. To me, it depends on the persons character. That is something I have been taught, have found to be a substaintial way of approaching individuals and life and have therefor applied it within my life.

manuel50 said:
so salem,do u have muslim friends or not?if yes why don't u have jews then?if u are saying we should be friends with everyone regardless of their religion or backrounds.and yes assyrians or atorayii hate jews for religious and political reasons,i still hear it everyday that jews are jesus's killers,and let me tell u something,atorayii have better relationship with arabs than other christians...

Well for one thing, the ratio of Muslims to Jews worldwide is like 20:1, but show me where the Jews are and I'll befriend the hell out of them. FYI though, I did have Jewish friends, both in Uni and Work, and we got along very well.

As for the "Jesus's Killers" part, to me Jesus was a human being, and based on that, I believe they were directly responsible for his murder, but I don't hate them for it.

Assyrians have better relationship with Arabs than other Christians!!! By Arabs, do you mean Muslims? Since lots of Christians in the Middle East are Arabs as well, as you might be aware. In any case, I don't agree.

As far as working together with Jews and stuff, nasha haven't you heard of Khaled? He pioneered the Assyrian - Jewish business projects.

One Assyrian worked with Jews and yimmit omta atoreyta pkheela, imagine what will happen when a few follow suit and listen to your advice, we'll be organising our parties & wedding in homeless shelters from there on.

thanks but im not looking for credence, i did state that the whole assyrian/jew issue wont work cos it goes way beyond religion and this forum etc, its very deep. the educated ones know who we are but as Bani said u will meet some who dont even know we exist, jews themselves have taught their kids to not know us....thats what i was saying about my own experiences, ive known alot of jewish ppl from sydney and the st kilda area in melbourne,i still know a few actually, but ive heard all sorts of things from em

Salem khleeqot ha! u get 10 points for mentioning the Khaled part, i just didnt wanna mention it in my previous post lol, but i wont elaborate on the whole Khaled theory cos itll open up a whole new can of worms

JohnSydney said:
thanks but im not looking for credence, i did state that the whole assyrian/jew issue wont work cos it goes way beyond religion and this forum etc, its very deep. the educated ones know who we are but as Bani said u will meet some who dont even know we exist, jews themselves have taught their kids to not know us....thats what i was saying about my own experiences, ive known alot of jewish ppl from sydney and the st kilda area in melbourne,i still know a few actually, but ive heard all sorts of things from em

Salem khleeqot ha! u get 10 points for mentioning the Khaled part, i just didnt wanna mention it in my previous post lol, but i wont elaborate on the whole Khaled theory cos itll open up a whole new can of worms

I'll give credence to the Holy spirit for working through you to make that point.

Will it work? Won't it work? Time will tell that story nothing else.

Wow! I just discovered this thread and I can see that this issue is an emotionally charged one for some.

For starters, to those of you who say that Jews deliberately dont care about assyrians or are against etc. are greatly mistaken. Many Jews indeed dont know about Assyrians but at the same time I think most non-Jews know little about Assyrians if anything at all. Further more most Jews especially in the Americas unfortunately know very little even about their own history, so whaddya expect?

I as an individual have been raising awareness on this issue for a while among my friends and colleagues. I always lecture my friends to be repsectful toward Christians and their religion. Some Jews also have the mistaken notion that all christians hate them and are their enemies. I know this not to be truth. Many christians today are among the strongest and most dedicated supporters of Israel and I appreciate that.

The following is an email I recently recieved from an Assyrian/Australian scholar:

Traditionally, since embracing Christianity, the Assyrian calls a Jew ?Qareewi?. He considers him as his best man in whom he confides. That is because both peoples live in the same sorry state, struggling towards breaking free from their adversaries.

Ever since the downfall of both nations, Israel and Assyria, they have suffered terribly at the hands of invading conquerors. Having faced tribulations, of similar magnitudes, over the past two to three millennia, it is fair to say that misfortunes have brought the two dispossessed nations closer together. World events have adversely affected the two nations, known by other faiths as ? The Peoples of the Book.

Our temples and churches, the symbol of the Judeo-Christian religion have been either destroyed or lost to our adversaries. It is a shame and very saddening to watch at the passivity of the world body of nations and their ?couldn?t care less attitude?, living in denial of the truth.

Coming back to the term ?Qareewa?, as mentioned above, in the Assyrian language the word qareewa means Best Man. The bridegroom puts his total trust in him. The Qareewa becomes the confident of the Jew. This title is so revered and honoured, they become as one family. They do not marry from each other?s family. It becomes a symbol of platonic relationship ? ?in brotherhood and peace?, as mentioned in your e-mail. It becomes traditional to protect each other at all times, and share the joys and sorrows of this world together.

Thanks for your prompt response.

Youmuokh Hawi Bassima, Qareewa (Have a good day, qareewa)

FPIsaac

manuel50 said:

Christianity is a branch of Judaism and so there is a strong connection. And for those that don't know, Christianity was unintentionally created by Jesus? Jewish follower. There is a misconception that no Jew believed in Christ as the son of God, but there are records that talk about how the Jews were split.......

Back