Restaurant attitude

Herro You

I always notice this - as soon as you ask for water, the waiters/waitresses give you this massive attitude, like you're some sort of cheapskate.  Has anybody else experienced this?

NO. LOL It depends what rest. If its really fancy, they automatically give you bottled water. If its something like La Porchetta, well tap water is all they have.

Herro you been to the states? 

Some of the service you get there is so s*** that you feel like hitting the person.

Only bad service you get here in Sydney is in the western suburbs where there are no Aussies.

I asked for water yesterday and the waiter was so enthusiastic, he brought me 2 jugs. It was his first day on the job though, and he had another waiter assisting him.

Maybe it's just your face.

well its a natural reaction... You go to a Resturant to order Food & Drinks , not water lol

Water is Free, so no waitress likes to Bring you any, unless it is ordered as a group after dinner and normal drinks are Served.

That reminds me of this Kurdish friend I used to have who used to come with us to a resurent but he would only Order Water so that he does not have to pay anything. On top of that, he used to ask the Waitress 10 times if this Water is Free LOOL

Salem said:
They must've been two BIG jugs :wink:

morri atti moyla qissatookh. They were average sized jugs. Infact, we have the exact same jug at home. The same jug I will khashlan go qarqiptookh qorba dana.

Herro You said:
Maybe I shouldn't have shoved a $5 bill in the good looking waitress' pocket.  Wrong time, wrong place.

How generous of you. A whole $5 note.

i loved it in New Yor2k, without even asking they auomatically bought a jug of water...in the UK you have to ask for tap water and generally they are ok to bring you it but sometimes they give you funny looks...

Service in the states all depends on the person and restaurant. I don't put up with it and always ask for a manager. As far as water goes that's all I drink during a meal and I've never had a problem. Worst service I've had every time is Canada!each and every single time and I've gone a lot

khas said:
I asked for water yesterday and the waiter was so enthusiastic, he brought me 2 jugs. It was his first day on the job though, and he had another waiter assisting him.

Maybe it's just your face.

lool its his first day wait till he gets sick of it...

It?s funny really. Sometimes you ask for water and they ask 'Bottled or Tap' and of course, we being Assyrians, go for the free option.

But we must be careful. A number of AVNrs went to dinner once in Melbourne, and as the water was flowing, unbeknown to us, we were paying for it! In the end we paid $33 for water (la hawe baseeme).  :ranting:

Khas and I walked into Coles only a few days later and saw the same bottled brand of water for less than $3 a bottle.

AssyrianBookTa said:
Service in the states all depends on the person and restaurant. I don't put up with it and always ask for a manager. As far as water goes that's all I drink during a meal and I've never had a problem. Worst service I've had every time is Canada!each and every single time and I've gone a lot

I couldn't agree with you more. I live here, and as much as I think Canadians are nice people in general, when it comes to service, they just don't compare to Americans. Sure they are better than Europeans by miles and miles, but don't come close to Americans.

When my cousins come from Chicago or California, they almost want to kill themselvs when they go to a drive-thru or a restaurant, with the slow service and attitude they get.

ASHOOR

If you go to Mandarin in Toronto, the Asian employees are awesome, good service.

I went for a friend's birthday and it was pretty nice.  My friend, just being goofy, gives his utensils to the Asian waiter and he said to him with a smile on his face, "Shkol, mawir gu teezoukh" and gives him the utensils.  The waiter accepts the utensils by a light bow and with a smile and says, "Thank you, sir." LMFAO! I was trying not to laugh but as soon as the waiter left, I was in tears.

:giggle:

JujU said:
If you go to Mandarin in Toronto, the Asian employees are awesome, good service.

I went for a friend's birthday and it was pretty nice.  My friend, just being goofy, gives his utensils to the Asian waiter and he said to him with a smile on his face, "Shkol, mawir gu teezoukh" and gives him the utensils.  The waiter accepts the utensils by a light bow and with a smile and says, "Thank you, sir." LMFAO! I was trying not to laugh but as soon as the waiter left, I was in tears.

thats so not nice, imagin you are in North Iraq, and some kurdy does this. :bangin: :bangin:

yah I hate that attitude, and the worse thing is that I always ask for water cause thats the only think I like to drink with my food.

TA, I know it's not nice that's why I wasn't the one who said it. I was just laughing at the Asian waiter's behaviour to it.

I almost always ask for water in addition to other beverages. If they give you attitude, give them attitude back.

JujU said:

Yeah, can't disagree with you about that one. These guys are not great, they have a legendary service.

ASHOOR

Back