Orgin of Christmas....Pagen?

Btw the 3 WISE men were not kings. No where is it mentioned that they are kings and I think they are only mentioned in the gospel of Matthew. Oh and about the calender apparently the monk that was calculating to whole thing got it wrong- he supposedly calculated it when Julius was king but he missed that he was king previously or something like that. More than likely Jesus was born in the spring.

25th of Dec is a Pagan date... its nothing more than a Symbolic date to celebrate the birth of Christ...

For us Christians who live by faith, Christmas is just another day. We celebrate Christ in our hearts 365 days a year, so one Day of that year makes very little difference.

The Whole festive Celebrations of Santa, Presents, Christmas Trees, Attending Church in massive numbers is purely pagan...

Careful Theological studies has suggested that Jesus could not have possibly be born in December but more like in Spring time. They took into consideration some passages from mathew and Luke

Senalco said:
25th of Dec is a Pagan date... its nothing more than a Symbolic date to celebrate the birth of Christ...

For us Christians who live by faith, Christmas is just another day. We celebrate Christ in our hearts 365 days a year, so one Day of that year makes very little difference.

The Whole festive Celebrations of Santa, Presents, Christmas Trees, Attending Church in massive numbers is purely pagan...

Careful Theological studies has suggested that Jesus could not have possibly be born in December but more like in Spring time. They took into consideration some passages from mathew and Luke

Well said.

Senalco said:

Santa and presents are not pagan

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Nicholas

Damail said:

I Still see it more as Pagan than Christian, because it was not something part of the Early Church nor the apostles... I guess its more like a Tradition introduced in 300AD.

its a beautiful tradition and a nice Gesture if its kept within context  but sadly we all get caught in it, that we often lose and forget what Christmas is all about to begin with....

peachy said:
Btw the 3 WISE men were not kings. No where is it mentioned that they are kings and I think they are only mentioned in the gospel of Matthew. Oh and about the calender apparently the monk that was calculating to whole thing got it wrong- he supposedly calculated it when Julius was king but he missed that he was king previously or something like that. More than likely Jesus was born in the spring.

yes they were not kings, but they must have been somehow wealthy or in a high positions because of the type of the gifts, Also most likely they were from Bet-Nahrin and they were Chaldean( astronats) they specialized in reading the Stars and that was the profession of the Chaldean.

you might ask how did they know about that, its because of Daniel when he was acaptive in Babylon he prophecied abot jesus, so they knew and kept watching

but hey, that is just my thinking, its not been said in the Bible

I have a book called The Two Babylons which I never got to read it fully. but from hearing about it before purchase it actually highlights all the pagan traditions manily from babylon that were passed on from generations to generations into christianity which have nothing what so ever to do with Christianity.

Example Christmas Day is actually the day that Tammuz son of Ishtar and Nimros was born December 25th.

Easter=Ishatr basically tammuz died in spring and was reborn in flowers, newly laid chooks=eggs painted red to associated it with the blood of Christ, basically the idea of rebirth which is spring time.

I always wondered why people made Easter (kade) in the shape of sun , sun worship Nimrod who died and his soul risen into the sun and by some miracle Ishtar got pregnant by him (his soul) in wich Tammuz was born.
The idea of mother and child Ishtar and Tammuz which is now known as Mary and Jesus and so on and so fourth.

Christmas decorations came from a protestant who decorated the trees at Christmas time I think it al startes around 300-400 years ago.

There is so much more in this book I haven't got to them yet.

when I started with what I knew people thought I was going against what we have believed for many years b, but its good that people other than myself are doing researches so happy about knowledge that is, yet so sad that we follow tradition more than we do God.

Nothing wrong with Pagan religion... I do it and it's beautiful... I love my goddess Yemaya, she is the goddess of the ocean. She is some-what similiar to the beautiful goddess of babylon: Ishtar. PS Please do not bash Assyrian pagan religion. Ishtar trying to make a way to speak with people.

Yemaya

1182490797-986-2.gif

Example Christmas Day is actually the day that Tammuz son of Ishtar and Nimros was born December 25th.

Easter=Ishatr basically tammuz died in spring and was reborn in flowers, newly laid chooks=eggs painted red to associated it with the blood of Christ, basically the idea of rebirth which is spring time.

Christmas Day, if you need to relate it to something in history (prior to its official existence) does NOT relate to the son of Ishtar being born. Christmas day to early Christians wasn't as important of a holiday as it is now. But if you need to make the connection, the Roman Empire decided to make it the 25th of December because it coincided with the old Roman deity festivals.

What I said in an earlier post:

I'm not throwing away that Constantine adopted this day as he adopted Christianity in Rome for political/conversion reasons, but it's not a date that has just been brought up without support (from the Bible.)

I'm not throwing away that Constantine adopted this day as he adopted Christianity in Rome for political/conversion reasons, but it's not a date that has just been brought up without support (from the Bible.)

yep very true much of the adoption of pagan beleifes goes back to the Roman church for it was The Roman church that has over the years changes many truths in the Bible and made it what it needed it to be, But that doesn't make them right for Christianity started and spread from the East and from there is where True beliefs are to be found, not whatever the Roman church feeds us we must swallo as truth.

There is no such thing as a 'Roman' Church, it is the Catholic Church, i.e. 'Universal' which is what Catholic means in the old Greek language.

You are a Nestorian? :)

Back