Mourinho: Drogba is a diver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Herro You

LOL

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/english-premier-league/mourinho-drogba-is-a-diver-145036/

Mourinho: Drogba is a diver

22 October 2008 | 05:42 - PA Sport
Former Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho has branded Blues striker Didier Drogba 'a diver'.

Drogba has often been criticised for going to ground too easily but was vigorously defended by Mourinho during his time in charge at Stamford Bridge.

Now, just over a year after leaving Chelsea, Mourinho has turned on the 30-year-old while also hitting out at Cristiano Ronaldo, Fernando Torres and Robin van Persie for the same thing.

Mourinho told feelfootball.com: "I am no longer Chelsea coach, and I do not have to defend them any more, but I think it is correct if I say Drogba is a diver.

"Drogba, Ronaldo, Torres and Van Persie are the divers. Who dives more? Who has won more penalties in recent years? But English football is the one that criticises the divers the most."

Mourinho claims he is against diving but encourages his players to go to ground if they are fouled.

He added: "I hate diving, but I'm not happy if a player is kicked by somebody in the box and he tries to remain standing.

"It's very, very rare a referee gives a decision if the player doesn't go down so I tell players not to be naive, but to be fair."

Herro You said:
Mourinho claims he is against diving but encourages his players to go to ground if they are fouled.

He added: "I hate diving, but I'm not happy if a player is kicked by somebody in the box and he tries to remain standing.

"It's very, very rare a referee gives a decision if the player doesn't go down so I tell players not to be naive, but to be fair."

That's what I've been saying all along.  Coaches encourage it, or else most refs will not give a fowl, or offer horrible advantage calls, where a free kick is better for the team. 

It's mostly a European thing too.  I've heard it more from European coaches than North Americans, in my experience.  But it's easier just to point the finger at the few players who simulate rightly so.

J-ROK said:
well the diffrence between me and you is im not a watcher i prefer playing.

no, i played my sport a lot. I tore my ACL and partially tore my PCL playing football. My knee has never gotten better, and i still reckon its partially dislocated, cos it locks up a lot. It happened once in bed (wink-ha), that was canny night that was. However, yes, i still have a passion for watching the sport too, cos i was fan before i played.

Sport is not about manliness, it's about skill and technique....

JROK.....Hockey looks really gay when compared to Boxing or Rugby..... You can't compare two different sports.

Just to top things off..........Soccer is numero uno in the world.....when hockey beats that, then u can talk!

yes you can compare two diffrent sports..hockey and soccer have the same concept.. forwards, defence, goalies and putting the godamn ball or puck into the net. maybe if more flair and finesse was shown instead of diving i wouldnt insult the game. i like soccer. but it is full of faggots. sorry prince charming  :blush2:

J-ROK said:
yes you can compare two diffrent sports..hockey and soccer have the same concept.. forwards, defence, goalies and putting the godamn ball or puck into the net. maybe if more flair and finesse was shown instead of diving i wouldnt insult the game. i like soccer. but it is full of faggots. sorry prince charming  :blush2:

LMAO.... ur a cracker mate!

but i do agree on one point, the diving does mess things up!

J-ROK said:
At least to play football you need some brains.  It seems like in every single game of ice-hockey 2 losers have to senselessly start a punch up.  If you want to do that, at least have the courage to do it in a boxing ring, or in the alley next to a pub.  Sport is sport.  Fighting is for cave men.

J-Rok is concussed guys, give him a break.  He would not speak ill of soccer otherwise, since he watches a game every 4 years. lol

Herro You said:
At least to play football you need some brains.  It seems like in every single game of ice-hockey 2 losers have to senselessly start a punch up.  If you want to do that, at least have the courage to do it in a boxing ring, or in the alley next to a pub.  Sport is sport.  Fighting is for cave men.

the reason why we fight is because other teams take cheap shots at our players attempting to injure them so we have enforcers on the ice to keep the game honest.. in other terms.. boxing is allowed on the ice between two players looking to protect their teamates. if you want to be a hocke player you must know how to box!! thats why my father enrolled me into boxing when i was 12 years old. doing it in the alley of a pub is the caveman way.

mjay the only thing ill be prancing around is your body when you are knocked out cold little biatch.  :wavetowel:

soccer is full of faggots.  :ROFLMAO:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back