Curb your hate

MXJSPH

I don't often make threads, but I'm just seeing a lot of hate going around directed at whole groups. For a while.

Look, we get it, some of you hate muslims, kurds, arabs, gays, blacks, jews, and whatever. Stop expressing that as something objective. Moreover, hating whole groups is lazy and stupid and if a non-Assyrian stumbles across this website and takes a look at some of the threads, they would be horrified. There is a big chance of that happening because this is the biggest, most functional Assyrian website on the internet.

Maybe in your little bubble, everything is OK, but you have to understand you are not normal and are quite frankly, a horrible failure of a human being.

What tends to be the real object of your hate always comes from some crock of **** or another. Sometimes its just simplified and misdirected. Whatever the case may be, dont feel reassured that having the views you do can be justified by simply airing them on a forum.

I assume there will be the those who will feel accused. Well good, if you feel offended, then you're probably a guilty scumbag.

Good day.

Bloody Pom!

:mrgreen:

Wait wait....at least agree with this...

Attachments

• woman of the year.jpg
    woman of the year.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 376
One of the reasons why We fail as a nation is because of our mentality and lack of realism in the world we live in...

what i mean by that is that our parents bring us up to purely hate anything to do with Kurds, Arabs, Gays or Muslims. This eventually affects our personalities and the way we interact with people. For example, i have Assyrian friends at uni who stopped talking to me because i was hanging out with a Muslim guy or because i had another Kurd friend....

It is one thing to recognize and acknowledge that some of these groups have been responsible for shedding our blood in the past, but that in itself has become a tool we use to vent our backward and racist views on everything around us.....

Education is the Key, and acceptance of all people, no matter what race or Color they are is the way to Build a Nation....

Heh.

I find this amusing coming from the same asshat that posts hate speech and intolerance in the religious section to those whose beliefs are different than his own. So I guess it's ok to hate on those with Biblical beliefs, but not on those that constantly kill, maim, or otherwise wish to wipe out our existence. Or to those whose lifestyles we consider repulsive or generally don't agree on.

Typical self-rightous ****ing liberal.
Freedom of speech can be a real ***** when people don't agree with your view.  

MJaY said:
I don't often make threads, but I'm just seeing a lot of hate going around directed at whole groups. For a while.

Look, we get it, some of you hate muslims, kurds, arabs, gays, blacks, jews, and whatever. Stop expressing that as something objective. Moreover, hating whole groups is lazy and stupid and if a non-Assyrian stumbles across this website and takes a look at some of the threads, they would be horrified. There is a big chance of that happening because this is the biggest, most functional Assyrian website on the internet.

Maybe in your little bubble, everything is OK, but you have to understand you are not normal and are quite frankly, a horrible failure of a human being.

What tends to be the real object of your hate always comes from some crock of **** or another. Sometimes its just simplified and misdirected. Whatever the case may be, dont feel reassured that having the views you do can be justified by simply airing them on a forum.

I assume there will be the those who will feel accused. Well good, if you feel offended, then you're probably a guilty scumbag.

Good day.

Hi!

As you stated, many Assyrians hate Arabs, Turks, Kurds etc. Now the question you should ask us is why we generally dislike the stated peoples? As you know just 90 years ago some 750.000 Assyrians (Jacobites, Nestorians, Chaldeans, Maronites) were killed in a massive genocide committed by the Turkish state and the various Kurdish clans. As the Turkish government has yet not recognised the genocide, meaning that they are prepared to once again kill civil Assyrians if necessary this has caused frustration in the Assyrian community.

The Kurds til this day try to Kurdify the Assyrian people even though we nothing done to them, not one civil innocent Kurd has ever been killed by an Assyrian. Still, Kurds take over our land and repress many of our people. How is this possible in the 21th century?

I personally do not hate Turks, Kurds or Arabs. I believe that we as an Assyrian nation are able to be at peace with the stated peoples if they manage to secure Assyrian rights in their parts and end the persecution towards us.

Shlomo/Shlama

ideas said:
Up to this day I don't understand what you mean by kurdify, do you mean kurds are forcing the kurdish language on you? forcing traditions on you? forcing religion? please explain it to me..

Saddam killed 500,000-1mill kurds, turkey killed 40k kurds and still misstreating kurds, iran killing kurds, syria killing kurds.. I hate these countries goverments not the people. My closests friends are arab, turk and half assyrian.

Saddam killed around 200.000 Kurds, direct and indirect as well as at least 60.000 Assyrians. 189 Assyrian villages were also completely destroyed.

The Kurdish people has forced our language on us in parts of southeastern Turkey. Many Assyrian villages as e.g. Kerburan spoke all Kurmanji as they're neighbouring Kurmanji Kurds forced them. Assyrians in northern Iraq are being labelled as "Iraqi or Kurdish Christians" even though we have said that we are Assyrians and not Christians ethnicity. The KRG is also working against prominent Assyrian parties as the ADM by creating their own KDP-backed parties as CSA Popular Council (Majlis). Do you see any Assyrians founding Kurdish parties so they can crush the KDP?

Finally I want to tell you, why would we and most historians say these things and legitimate accusations if it was not true? Do you believe we enjoy being persecuted? I wish that everything I said was a lie as we would be better off then, but its not. And still, I am not anti-Kurdish. I believe in the friendship of our nations in the future.

Biji Ashur & Kurd

Damail said:
Heh.

I find this amusing coming from the same asshat that posts hate speech and intolerance in the religious section to those whose beliefs are different than his own. So I guess it's ok to hate on those with Biblical beliefs, but not on those that constantly kill, maim, or otherwise wish to wipe out our existence. Or to those whose lifestyles we consider repulsive or generally don't agree on.

Typical self-rightous ****ing liberal.
Freedom of speech can be a real ***** when people don't agree with your view.  

Just because I think you're an ignorant twat, doesn't mean I think every Christian is an ignorant twat :)

Besides, it seems you classify me speaking out against hate speech as hate speech too? Let me ask an age old question; should the tolerant tolerate the intolerant? The answer is no if that confused you too much.

As for your smearing of the word liberal - attack whatever label you please, my Foxy friend.

I'm delighted you took it personally by the way. Its always the ones who are most guilty of being hateful arseholes that get riled up by aimless topical discussion.

ideas said:
Overall, killed + missplaced the number lies in 500k-1mil. Today I spoke to an afro-kurd as some might call them, and this is what he said which am kicking myself for, what didn't I think of that before..

These assyrians and syrians... I can't say I dislike them, because I know a lot of them that are really good people. But most of them are so ignorant and misinformed that you can't even have a proper conversation with them. And they all say "Oh we are the people with no country". Really? What are we kurds then?

First of all, what everyone should now, Sultan Abdulhamid the last sultan of the Ottoman Empire, ordered his army that happend to consist of a lot kurds, the massacre on the armenians and christians. This was not an act of the kurdish people. And these kurds in this army was known to all other kurds as "jash", traitors. The Turks used this army amongst many others, towards the kurds in the slaughtering of 75 000 kurds in the city of Dersim. Even during the Anfal attacks, we had about 250 000 kurdish "jasher" that participated in the genocide on Kurds, our own people. Worth to mention is also that a lot of kurds helped the armenians and christians against the turkish army in the early 20th century. They hid them in the houses or even adopted lot of their children so they wouldn't get killed.

I know I always say this, but knowledge is power. This is something everyone should know. These kurds (traitors) that was involved was not represanting the kurdish cause or it's people, it was a horrible act of certain individuals.

And I, just as every other person with common sense, highly condemn this.

These jaff kurds are the scum of the earth, I hate them with all my heart as thet are traitors that worked with both saddam and the turks! and should not be confused with the ordinary kurd!

Offtopic, I find this quite interesting I knew abit about it, but this guy explained in detail!
Funny, I just found this page randomly via Google when I googled "afro-kurdish". I just had to create an account to comment in this thread and set some facts straight. I see there's a lot of ignorism here, which is understandable, they don't really teach this is in schools. But then there's also a lot of racism too which I hope I can poke a hole in now.

My mother, who's kurdish just like any other kurd, is a pure afro-kurd. Her mother and father (my grandparents) are something called falashas. Falashas are Ethiopian Jews that in the begining of the 20th century were forced to either convert to christianity or become "falashas" (meaning: someone with no rights). So both my grandfather and grandmothers families (this was before either of them were born) chose to migrate. They heard about Iraq being a tolerant place, espacially the northern part (Kurdistan!) where they were very open towards other religions and ethnicities. So my grandfathers family moved to Kirkuk, where he was born and my grandmothers family ended up in Dohuk where she was born. But later on my grandmothers family moved to Kirkuk as well. My grandparents were raised very kurdish. They were given kurdish names as well. And that's how my grandparents met and in the 60's, my mother was born, Bayan (love you mom!). My mom is black. She's second generation kurdish. She doesn't speak amaharic (the language of Ethiopia) and she's not jewish by religion (not that being jewish would make you less kurdish).

My mother and her parents would be very offended if someone told them they are not "real kurds". Being kurdish is not just ethnically, it's also in your heart. My mother doesn't know anything about Ethiopia, she, just like her parent's, were born and grew up in Kurdistan. That's all they know and that's all they need to know.

My father is, what I guess some of you ignorant people in this thread would say, "real kurdish". He's also very educated and know's a lot about kurdish history. He was also a peshmerga fighting against Saddam Hussein in the late 70's and early 80's. He has told me about 80-100 Ethiopian Jews came to Iraq this way, many of them got mixed up with the rest of the population, others stuck to them selves (like my cousins for an example), but they still all speak kurdish, they celebrate kurdish customs they all eat "yaprach" :) And he also told me (this is actually a known historical fact), there's been many blacks coming to (mostly) Iraqi Kurdistan and Irani Kurdistan for almost 2000 years. Almost all of them have been slaves, that has escaped either during the Persepolis era, Arab or Ottoman Empire era and sought refuge in Kurdistan, where the kurds has sympathized with them, knowing how it feels to be suppressed by arabs, turks and iranians (no offense to any arabs, turks or iranians, it wasn't you, it was your ancestors). Majority of these black kurds have been mixed up with the rest of the population.

This migration is still effective today, but to a lesser scale. Lot of wealthy families in Iraqi Kurdistan hires nannie's and care givers from Eritrea, Ethiopia and Somalia. They, I assume will probably stay in Kurdistan, learn the language and their children will be kurdish as well. I have cousins that looks like chinese (No ****!), cousins that looks typical kurdish and from my mothers side they are all black or mixed, like I am. And we're all kurds! :)

So I hope we can put this racism to and end, I can understand the ignorism and racist behaviour from the older generations of kurds, but we're the new generation of kurds.

Beji Kurdistan!

Pics here: http://northerniraq.info/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1886&start=75

Best regards!

Why you think they say Kurds are just like Gypsy because you got so much common with them which I'm sure you mix with so many that is not even from Assyria (northern Iraq... Kurdistan) :)

I'm not sure if I am hating or not, but think I have the right to express myself for a person that rooted from Urmia, Iran... but thanks to you asshole that pretty much cause such a bad place for many Assyrian to even live there, now. Many still leaving because of you Kurds.  Thank you very for all your effort from whipping us all out. Here is a cake for you.

NOT! Piss off ,,!,,

Hanuni said:
The Kurdish people has forced our language on us in parts of southeastern Turkey. Many Assyrian villages as e.g. Kerburan spoke all Kurmanji as they're neighbouring Kurmanji Kurds forced them. Assyrians in northern Iraq are being labelled as "Iraqi or Kurdish Christians" even though we have said that we are Assyrians and not Christians ethnicity. The KRG is also working against prominent Assyrian parties as the ADM by creating their own KDP-backed parties as CSA Popular Council (Majlis). Do you see any Assyrians founding Kurdish parties so they can crush the KDP?

I know many Assyrians who told me that they were forced to speak Kurdish in Assyria. If there were Assyrians speaking Assyrian sometimes the Kurds did cut their tongue.
And because of that many of these Assyrian families living in the diaspora can speak just Kurdish today.

There are assyrians who only knows kurmanji because of kurds did not let them talk assyrian in their villages. As John mentioned Kerburan is one of them also Kafro I think.

My grandmother had to learn assyrian (she only new kurmanji) when she got married to my grandfather.

I agree with MJay on this. People here are very racist, and honestly, every society will throw some jokes here and there, I wouldn't be surprised if the Kurds had their own on us. But I've seen replies in past thread to 'ideas' (who is Kurdish) that are beyond disrespectful, and that's bull****.

To the Christians; 'Love thy neighbor as thyself', 'If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also.', 'Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God.', basically Matthew 5 hasn't been read my most of you or you don't pay attention to our Lord's prayer.

In a past thread where I saw 'ideas' making posts on topic, someone said that all Kurds need to be slayed and a couple posts from different people praising that comment and adding on to it. Are you people ****ed up in the head? And nobody wanted to delete those comments until I got involved with my own creativeness. Probably 99% of you weren't able to see it because for some reason those comments towards 'ideas' and my post were deleted within 10 minutes.

Grow up everybody. This is 2010: There's a struggle in Iraq, we are the indigenous people, but we are also a minority and we can't assume we are surrounded by enemies of different ethnicity and faith. We need to work together. You need to put your fundamentalist **** to the side and embrace peace the right way.

iraqicamel said:
I agree with MJay on this. People here are very racist, and honestly, every society will throw some jokes here and there, I wouldn't be surprised if the Kurds had their own on us. But I've seen replies in past thread to 'ideas' (who is Kurdish) that are beyond disrespectful, and that's bull****.

To the Christians; 'Love thy neighbor as thyself', 'If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also.', 'Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God.', basically Matthew 5 hasn't been read my most of you or you don't pay attention to our Lord's prayer.

In a past thread where I saw 'ideas' making posts on topic, someone said that all Kurds need to be slayed and a couple posts from different people praising that comment and adding on to it. Are you people ****ed up in the head? And nobody wanted to delete those comments until I got involved with my own creativeness. Probably 99% of you weren't able to see it because for some reason those comments towards 'ideas' and my post were deleted within 10 minutes.

Grow up everybody. This is 2010: There's a struggle in Iraq, we are the indigenous people, but we are also a minority and we can't assume we are surrounded by enemies of different ethnicity and faith. We need to work together. You need to put your fundamentalist **** to the side and embrace peace the right way.

You're correct and many Assyrians as myself, John_86 along with others have treated "ideas" as any human-being with respect.

The reason why some Assyrian are on the extreme against Kurds is because of the Kurds participation in the Assyrian Genocide in both 1915 and 1933 and til this day try to crush Assyrian nationalism. I partly understand those Assyrians as I partly understand those Kurds who wonder why those Assyrians dislike them.

Hanuni said:
You're correct and many Assyrians as myself, John_86 along with others have treated "ideas" as any human-being with respect.

The reason why some Assyrian are on the extreme against Kurds is because of the Kurds participation in the Assyrian Genocide in both 1915 and 1933 and til this day try to crush Assyrian nationalism. I partly understand those Assyrians as I partly understand those Kurds who wonder why those Assyrians dislike them.

Actually, I'm not sure if you know this or anybody here that have any idea about this case... I do not know if anybody ever use a chat messenger called PALTALK. On a human right section in paltalk there were Kurds that were making chatrooms attracting over 60 people in the room brainwashing everyone about Assyrians or Assyrian nationalism. Actually some people in there make the biggest lies which lead many people full for it from listening from voice chating and texts... You be suprise how powerful the internet can be these days! After that chatroom was closed, it made me sit back and say I wish I shot those mother f----ers.

You think I have a right to get pissed off at them? I mean really, go on paltalk and their is a Kurdish section with over 100 Kurdish rooms.. whoopie doo. :ranting:

What more these Kurdish people brainwashing the world to hurt the Assyrian nation

MJaY said:
Just because I think you're an ignorant twat, doesn't mean I think every Christian is an ignorant twat :)

Besides, it seems you classify me speaking out against hate speech as hate speech too? Let me ask an age old question; should the tolerant tolerate the intolerant? The answer is no if that confused you too much.

As for your smearing of the word liberal - attack whatever label you please, my Foxy friend.

I'm delighted you took it personally by the way. Its always the ones who are most guilty of being hateful arseholes that get riled up by aimless topical discussion.

BS.

If you didn't think every Christian was arrogant you would actually be somewhat secular and not always bashing away at their religion every chance you get. I'd actually go as far to say that I'm a lot more tolerant than you in regards to how I approach people and their ideas. It's OK to have disagreements, just as long as you handle it in a civilized way. After all, that is what democracy is all about isn't it?

There are things that we both will and will not tolerate. So what makes your perspectives more "just" than anyone else's?

ideas said:
Iraqicamel,

I have spoken to alot of kurds in regards to assyrians, ranging from uneducated-educated people, most of them said.. I hope that everyone gets their full rights, however we must think of ourselfs first in order to survive, they also said don't worry too much about them their not a threat to our cuase, I said to them.. obviously its not about them being a threat or not.. its about equality..

The impression I get from this site is, that the people here hate:
1) kurds
2) islam
3) kurds
4) kurds
5) kurds

right now I do hate kurds for what they have done with our votes

Assyrians are very tolerant and open once someone opens up to them and shows good intentions.

ideas, you have to know that our beef is not with just about any Kurd (just like it is not with just about every Turkish out there) even if we use the term 'Kurd' loosely.

It is usually with anyone that has done ill or means to do ill to our Assyrian people and nation, and yes there are lots of Kurds (especially in the KRG) who do have this ill mentality, even if they don't show it in public.

I am sure there are Kurds who sympathies with us and are against what the Kurdish have been doing to us, whether it is to eliminate our Assyrian existence in the region, or make us subject to their control and authority.

It is no secret, we are all part of one Iraq and we have no choice but to live side by side, and respect each other's desire to exist and promote their culture.

ASHOOR

make love, not war... but before that, make sure that there are no enemies left hahah :D

no seriously usually we hate because we fear someone or fear that they will endanger us or what we stand for, but as the message goes and as yoda said it, "Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering..."

ideas said:
In regards to the krg, are you saying they havent done anything good for your people?

Is that what the KRG did their goal or is it just a means to an end? According to the whole context, it is just a means to an end. And I am sure, You know it, too.

ideas said:
Ashoor, I'v said it before and I'll say it again, your and my beef is with the same people, the kurds that killed your people are self hating kurds who also killed kurds at the same time, AND during anfal..

In regards to the krg, are you saying they havent done anything good for your people? krg is a new goverment with ALOT of flaws init and they know it too, they currently don't have a working system which is why their a bit puzzled up, for example a pm can do something and the others might know about it.. give it time..

The Kurds who killed us who are called "Jash" I believe? are backwarded indeed as you have stated. Now the problem is that the majority of the Kurds in Turkey which has some 15 million citizens of Kurdish origin are not Kurdish nationalists or Kurds like you, but feodal Turkish Kurds who are allied to the Turkish state that has one goal, to exterminate the Assyrians. When a majority of the Kurds has killed 67% of all Assyrians only during some years and many still want us dead it is very hard for a hard-core Assyrian to hear such things as "Kurds do not want you bad". Would you Kurds really love us as you claim if one Assyrian "Jash" group had killed 67% of the Kurds today, that is some 18 million people in modern times?

Believe me, all I want is peace between Assyrians, Kurds, Turks and Arabs but as it seems everyone keep backstabbing each other and mostly our back.

ideas said:
Huani,

I'v preavisly reaplied to this post but I believe it got deleted, there arent many kurds allied up with the turkish goverment as you think, there maybe 1 million max.. becuase kurds in turkey are represented by PKK, in US and EU eye a terrorist group.. so for that reason people are afraid to openly show support, as if you do the turks will take care of you very quickly..

In regards to what kurds are doing to assryians, are you so sure about that? people spread propaganda my friend, and just becuase it maybe your people whom are spreading it doesnt mean its true, turkey has not invested in eastern turkey as it should, some places have no schools/roads etc.. so these people are really backwards.. I'v seen them have tribe wars so ignore anything they do as they fight one another too.. it's not their fualt.. they have no schools = no education..

In regards to the jash kurds, they are just kurds by name.. how can one be kurd when he kills kurds? I mean they were on saddam army, these guys are complete retards and are not kurds..

Are you calling two of my father's cousins who were killed by Kurds extreminist in order to make our people flee from Turabdin propaganda, when we attended to their funeral and all other Assyrians who were killed in the 90's by Kurds under Turkish protection in the Mardin area?

If you do not hit a child, that child will not cry. Do you believe we enjoy being oppressed and persecuted? No people ever wants to be persecuted and no people will ever claim such things if they were not true. Is it Kurdish propaganda that the Ba'ath regime killed tens of thousands of Kurds?

And concerning the Kurds in Turkey. I can assure you that a maximum of 4-5 million Kurds in Turkey are separatists and nationalists. The rest are loyal to the Turkish state and they even got 60.000 Kurdish soldiers/village guards stationed in order to wipe out the PKK my friend.

Back