Ba-oota d' Ninevayee

Herro You

Im surprised there's no thread on this.  Anyone fasting, and if so, from what?

Since i'm soft, its only going to be from meat - but for the entire week at least, even though our calendar shows only the 2nd,3rd & 4th as dates for the Ba-oota.

Make sure you do the pokheen so khas can hand you a glass of water in your dream :mrgreen:

Herro You said:
Are you serious or just messing around.......or this an Amrikan thing? :lol:

Talking about fasting is forbidden.  It's more of a personal choice.  In the West, no one cares I guess. 

I think its Assyrian tradition not to talk about fasting or donating money, not sure if it was said in the bible or its our tradition,but i know we aren't suppose to brag about it i think that's what they mean hero.

jonadona said:
Talking about fasting is forbidden.  It's more of a personal choice.  In the West, no one cares I guess. 
Ok now I get where you are coming from.  Still, some people may have forgotten, so it would help...

Aturaya said:
I think its Assyrian tradition not to talk about fasting or donating money, not sure if it was said in the bible or its our tradition,but i know we aren't suppose to brag about it i think that's what they mean hero.
Yeh there are parts of the Bible which imply that shouldn't brag about fasting, but I think its ok to talk about it.

Herro You said:
Yeh there are parts of the Bible which imply that shouldn't brag about fasting, but I think its ok to talk about it.

Yeah same i have no problem if people talk about it, like peachy said if we didn't talk about it we wouldnt no when its on lol

Aturaya said:
Yeah same i have no problem if people talk about it, like peachy said if we didn't talk about it we wouldnt no when its on lol

I think herro means not tell people that you r sema its ok to talk about it

peachy said:
Make sure you do the pokheen so khas can hand you a glass of water in your dream :mrgreen:

that pokheen thing doesnt work, ive tried it a couple of times and i never see anything...although there a few older assyrian ladies who swear they saw their husbandsgive them water, who knows! 

shamoosey said:
that pokheen thing doesnt work, ive tried it a couple of times and i never see anything...although there a few older assyrian ladies who swear they saw their husbandsgive them water, who knows! 

I know couple of people who worked for them

shamoosey said:

it does work my friend did it and that same year she got engaged which is really kool, i did it when i was 20 and i didnt see anything and last year i didnt do it sap i got engaged so there was no point. but i think if u see some one handing u a glass of water then with in that year u'll get engaged or married. 

thanks for this thread i had totaly forgotten about it, and i shouldnt have cause i was born for ba-oota well for the 7 b'yarkha one and my name is ninwaye when in the Mada.

shamoosey said:

I havent seen anything either. It's probably a sign. No dream= no husband  :lol:

Back