Assyrians of Khabour(Jelwaye) Peda Dance

Rumtaya

Enjoy, its from a weeding in Syria, in an assyrian village called AbuTina (jelwaye)

[youtube=425,350]jaga7xI9o_A[/youtube]

damn thats some gangsta ass shit!! chebo!!!!!  :wavetowel:

That Assyrian "leanback" move is nasty haha, imma get that goin and that dude resh d'khigga had some nice qopala handling skills.

I wanna go to khabour and see this stuff in person

KhIgGaAaAaAa said:
damn thats some gangsta ass ****!! chebo!!!!!  :wavetowel:

That Assyrian "leanback" move is nasty haha, imma get that goin and that dude resh d'khigga had some nice qopala handling skills.

I wanna go to khabour and see this stuff in person

I AGREE!!! lol thats soo cooooooool!!! Younan showed me this video yesterday... such a cool video!
Why they do this dance here?? Someone... start the trend! lol

Shami said:
They look so sexy dancing like that  :2hearts:

yes shami  :mrgreen:

That's it, I'm bringin peda to the states!! start the peda movement by requesting it at your next assyrian party!! lol haha

you could do those same moves with bageeyeh/sheikhani yaqoora though so when they play that, do these moves and just adjust to the songs tempo

That's the craziest khigga I've seen in my life, and it's bloody awesome! I love it!

The leanback move is an instant classic. lol

Wow that?s awesome! You don?t get that kind of skills at our functions LOL but just a lot of hoosa and no coordination.         

wow that awsome and funny at the same time haha. And I agree with Salem, that leaning back was awsome and hillarious. I felt bad for these kids watching, had they stepped a little bit forward, they could have been run over by these wild dancers haha.

I wonder if this is really the way they dance or they were drank maybe; looked like the end of the party.

ASHOOR

of course thats how they dance lol look at the teamwork and coordination, you don't get that without practice...this wasn't the first time they danced like that, trust me lol

anyway the best dancing happens when you're drunk so i'm sure ruwyewa but that makes it better!!

I have never seen dancing like this before, this is the stuff i see that makes me believe once there are no more assyrians in Atra our culture will not survive everything we know today comes from there. Anyways
i heard Assyrians in Sydney are starting to dance like this at weddings.

I saw this in Chit-Chat and just had to find out where this was filmed.  I just LOVE it!!  I think I've watched it like 2,598 times already.

[youtube=425,350]jaga7xI9o_A[/youtube]

That's cuz all we're used to seeing anymore is khigga yaqura, sheikhani and maybe balati.  There are some great dances out there and no one does it better than the Soories  :wavetowel: 

jonadona said:
I'm pretty sure this was posted within the last month, by Khigga I believe.

Damn how did I miss that?!  De yallah, moop taw, it's worth re-posting.  That lean-back move......I'm so loving that  :lol:

baklawa said:
That's cuz all we're used to seeing anymore is khigga yaqura, sheikhani and maybe balati.  There are some great dances out there and no one does it better than the Soories  :wavetowel: 

waaaa cool dances haayaaaat  :clap:
you say it is shehane ? but i know this dance and i don?t cognitition this. maybe we west-assyrians in europe dance shehane a little bit other like our other brothers.
but in the video it looks verly verl cool. i witch i are there at this party

This is what you call dance shaykhanee not the way some people dance they look like they are sleeping dancing lol

khaya ganay I love the way they are dancing dolaa yawaa khachaa tamaa qaa rqdaa et atorayah, khaya omta.

this dance is not called sheikani..sheikhani is one thing and Peda is another..maybe not alot of people know whah peda is but here in europe and in irak they call this dance bageyee wich is the wrong name but the real name for this dance is Peda and the people from soria does it reeeeeeeeallllllyyyyyy goooooooood..and i read that somebody wrote that we in europe just dance khigga yakora an sheikhani and belati but we from soria dance everykind of dances that most of the assyrian people from irak doesnt know..well just wanted to say that ...but please dont think that im bein a rasist or something im just telling what i know and have seen..

take careee everyone and enjoy HEHE // peace

Karboje said:
this dance is not called sheikani..sheikhani is one thing and Peda is another..maybe not alot of people know whah peda is but here in europe and in irak they call this dance bageyee wich is the wrong name but the real name for this dance is Peda and the people from soria does it reeeeeeeeallllllyyyyyy goooooooood..and i read that somebody wrote that we in europe just dance khigga yakora an sheikhani and belati but we from soria dance everykind of dances that most of the assyrian people from irak doesnt know..well just wanted to say that ...but please dont think that im bein a rasist or something im just telling what i know and have seen..

take careee everyone and enjoy HEHE // peace
well bagyah or peda they all have same steps as shekhanii so i call them all shekhanii  :mrgreen: hadya belatee u can't call it shekhanee cause it's totally different steps. :razz:

This guys weren't drunk.
Thats their style of dancing and they surely practiced it several times.
It also wasn't the end of the wedding.

I'll upload soon a second video, where you can see them again.
But it isn't as wild as this 

:wavetowel:

Back