Your Worst Assyrian Song Please?

mishtutho said:
Le parsheelan eatateh la ze shimit matwati kolan eawakh mkha baba o kha yima akhonwateh ....
U dont like that? om ras ba6eeekh

Well thats the only song i like out of his all cd's and songs  :mrgreen: oh and its omtaneta song so i dont listen to omtanayeh songs that much  :blush2: and leave my b6eekha alone :beee: :lol:

baklawa said:
"Khamra Teeqa" by Linda George.  Just horrible  :yucky:

OMG my friend and I used to sing that song when we were like 5.

WORST song in my opinion is "Shlama" by Linda George....and for this reason:

Here's the opening lines:  "Shlaamaaaa..shlama allakh qowra shtiqta...shlamaaaa...shlama allukh sahda'd umta"

and then she goes on to sing about "bruna meeta go dargooshta min kipna, yimoo pishla primta be skinta" or something, which is all very sad and disastrous...but the music...the MUSIC...to this song, is ridiculously upbeat and happy.  You almost want to dance to it.  Then you hear the words and are like "...'tf?"

waleeta said:
OMG my friend and I used to sing that song when we were like 5.

Here's the opening lines:  "Shlaamaaaa..shlama allakh qowra shtiqta...shlamaaaa...shlama allukh sahda'd umta"

and then she goes on to sing about "bruna meeta go dargooshta min kipna, yimoo pishla primta be skinta" or something, which is all very sad and disastrous...but the music...the MUSIC...to this song, is ridiculously upbeat and happy.  You almost want to dance to it.  Then you hear the words and are like "...'tf?"

You remind me of my dad!  He could never listen to Evin Aghassi because he said most of his songs were like that -- depressing lyrics set to an upbeat tempo.  I agree, although "Habbania" remains one of my favorite songs.

Linda George is far from good, and her "No Quarter" (WTF!) song solidified it!  She needs to stop trying to be Madonna!!!  Moderee kheche...

I see people talk about Linda George and walter aziz the most in this forum.WHYYYYY those two??? :baby: :bangin: :bangin: :bangin:

mishtutho said:
I see people talk about Linda George and walter aziz the most in this forum.WHYYYYY those two??? :baby: :bangin: :bangin: :bangin:

I am assuming because those two suck the most...you think?

graphist said:
I am assuming because those two suck the most...you think?

Are you kidding me? they are my favorite singers.
Always updated.
I guess they are little stuckup though :) both of them  :giggle:

parzona said:
Are you kidding me? they are my favorite singers.
Always updated.
I guess they are little stuckup though :) both of them  :giggle:

I guess that's what I don't like about them...they need to stop trying to sound so updated...I don't mind the dawla w'zornah.

I still think Linda needs to stop being Madonna, and Walter needs to lay off the X (he tries to make his music sound too "clubby").

No offense...

khalto najeeba said:
What graphist said  :)

hey how do you know them have you ever talked to any of those two singers?
Make your comments only on what you feel.Iam sure 100% sure you never met them.
Walter and Linda are twp famous Assyrian singers.
If you dont like them and their personality its because you are jelouse of Linda because I bet you want to sing and you cant  :giggle:

parzona said:
If you dont like them and their personality its because you are jelouse of Linda because I bet you want to sing and you cant  :giggle:

I don't like rap, that does not mean its because I'm jealous and aspire to be a rapper...I don't have to talk to them to say I don't like their music.

Somebody is a little sensitive!  Are either of them related to you?  Is that why?

HONEST said:
Walter who?

i think this thread has nothing to do with the charachter or personality of a singer,
its about "what YOUR EARS find the worst".

if you dont like to eat Dolma,, i cant force you to eat it no matter how tasty it is for me.
and you (WATER AZIZ RELATIVES), you have no RIGHTS to abuse people just because
they have different ears and music taste than yours..

i counted 4-5 members being abused so far because of Water Aziz..

well.. he might be a great guy and im sure he'll be ashamed of the way you are representing him,
in a 3 little words "AKHRI L' his music" my ears believe  so..

he's not good enough,, not his lyrics, not his melodies and if he was, there wouldnt be as many
people as you have already abused telling you that he's not good enough..

BTW,,,  i play guitar in a rock band, and when i sing "Lucille - Little Richard"
i BLOW Walter Aziz X3 away,, i sing 2 scales/tunes higher than his majesty...
he sounds like a woman for me,,   happy now...

hey watch your language .Its you who are abusing our singers ,Man you hate you are ahter big time We should report you asap,You dont like a singer dont call him names shaeeedanet man

parzona said:

I talk to Walter (his sister is in choir with me) so we know them, and my bro alsas would play keyboard for him but la weela
As for Linda , i have seen her so many times,
Well they are not , Ashur Sargis , Juliana, Julie  these are considered the famouse and great Assyrian singers

I like Walter personally but i just dont like his songs , and Linda i dont like her because of some reasons i dont wanna say
OH and lastly i sing in the choir so i can sing and iam not jelouse of someone bad i get jelouse of good people so i can learn and be like them

Tears of Assyria said:
how could any1 hate LInda's songs, she is the best female singer after Germain

seriously , we have no good females singer ,,they are all zamaryateh and not Amanneh

her lyrics and music are great

how about

Ana shimma litly,
Atouraya ta qoorby- i like
Saghdanookh Khilyee
and one of her best

Akhnan Akhnan Eewakh Atourayeee  Ewwww i dont like that song

ANd the one and only Barwar i love that song LOL :D

Sargon's new songs i dont like but love his old work from back in the day.

Linda she's the best out there, i like most of her old and most of her new :D

oh and my uncle's too i like his songs a lot

khalto najeeba said:
I talk to Walter (his sister is in choir with me) so we know them, and my bro alsas would play keyboard for him but la weela
As for Linda , i have seen her so many times,
Well they are not , Ashur Sargis , Juliana, Julie  these are considered the famouse and great Assyrian singers

I like Walter personally but i just dont like his songs , and Linda i dont like her because of some reasons i dont wanna say
OH and lastly i sing in the choir so i can sing and iam not jelouse of someone bad i get jelouse of good people so i can learn and be like them

so Walter and Linda are not concidered famouse? Where do you live in Mareekh?
They are the most expensive singers to hire.
You put Julie in the class of linda ? you are deaf azizta sorry to say.
khena this is your taste what can I say.
And your brother whoever he is has to carry walter aziz keyboard plare his quipments,
I play with many singer and the hardest songs to play are Walter Aziz and Linda song myabe Walter more.
We cannot affored to hire both walter and linda in same party because the were so expensive.

parzona said:
so Walter and Linda are not concidered famouse? Where do you live in Mareekh?
They are the most expensive singers to hire.
You put Julie in the class of linda ? you are deaf azizta sorry to say.
khena this is your taste what can I say.
And your brother whoever he is has to carry walter aziz keyboard plare his quipments,
I play with many singer and the hardest songs to play are Walter Aziz and Linda song myabe Walter more.
We cannot affored to hire both walter and linda in same party because the were so expensive.

I said

I LIKE WALTER PERSONALLY BUT I DONT LIKE HIS MUSIC, I DO NOT LIKE LINDA AS I SAID NOR HER SONGS, I DO NOT LIKE THEIR SONGS , YOU CANT MAKE ME LIKE THEM BECAUSE YOU WANT TO , I DONT CARE F THEY ARE FAMOUS OR NOT IAM TALKING ABOUT THE MUSIC AND YES JULIE DAQRA REESHT BABT LINDA (HAPPY NOW) , AND I WONT REPEAT MY WORDS AGAIN , IT SEEMS YOU CANT GET IT , AND DIDNT GET THE TITLE , THE TITLE IS (YOUR WORST ASSYRIAN SONGS) I HOPE THAT MAKE SENCE TO YOU , HE ASKED WHICH SONGS YOU DONT LIKE HE DIDNT ASK WHICH SINGER YOU DONT LIKE

Ok iam done no more arguing with you , and thanks Honest  :)

one of the best assyrian singer/song writers is ashur bet sargis

I respect walter alot, dont get me wrong about that.

But alot of his 'hits' were written by Gewargis Yoseph...like 90% of the Agha Putros album was written by Gewargis Yoseph.

dont twist my words around.

Let's start with artists whose songs I will never enjoy:

*Albert Mansour - Oh my god, his voice really irritates me. He sounds like a goat during a mating call. He tries hard to copy Sargon Gabriel but he fails. I cannot stand his voice. Unlike Shino, Mansour is capable of making good melodic songs, but I just can't get through his nasal senile voice (he sounds like a 90 year old man).

*Ramsen Shino - This guy has no taste in music whatsoever. He may be a nice guy in real life, but his songs are bland at best. Too bad, cos his voice is good.

*Janan Sawa - Something so off about his music. They sound so foreign? I don't know. His voice is good and he seems like a good guy. But I just was never into his music, and will never be.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
These songs are horrible, except their sung by my favourite artists whom I listen to from time to time:

*Hoy Dilma, Dilma Dilma  - Not sure who sings it but it's one atrocious, foul sounding song. I really cannot stand it.

*Hoy Nazeh by Ogin Bet Samo - Ogin is arguably the best Assyrian singer, but this song is very annoying. I cannot stand listening more than one two seconds of it. Keep it out of our weddings & parties.

*Shemakh by Evin Agassi - Agassi is a legend, but I just don't like the way this song sounds. That repetitive, descending Phrygian motif is so cringeworthy.

*Gubareh by Juliana Jendo - Again, repetitive, annoying and campy.

*Ta Minee by Elizabeth Oshana - So irritatingly repetitive. I hate the melody too.

*Muraloon by Evan Agassi - Bleh, boring

*Rawaya by Sargon Gabriel - Frivolous lyrics and repetitive major key melody.

*Tom Tom by Linda George - As above. Come on Linda, you're better than this.

*Asheq Wily by Shamiram Oshana - Ew, so campy and 80s. Again, another song in major key, and they usually fail in Assyrian.

*Ashur Bet Sargis 1998 album. Horribly arranged. Sounds like he's in a garage. Many good songs were ruined in that album.

*Away by Walter Aziz - It has English lyrics. It sounds pakhta.

Tears of Assyria said:
how could any1 hate LInda's songs, she is the best female singer after Germain

seriously , we have no good females singer ,,they are all zamaryateh and not Amanneh

her lyrics and music are great

how about

Ana shimma litly,
Atouraya ta qoorby
Saghdanookh Khilyee
and one of her best

Akhnan Akhnan Eewakh Atourayeee
Whilst she can make bad music (which artist doesn't), she's still an epic Assyrian singer. Really can't fathom how there are misguided, strange people in here who had the audacity to say "everything by Linda George". Dude, seriously? I think it's jealousy.

GGBW said:

I agree. Nice to see that someone notices the music too. Most people here attack singers for personal reasons and are biased.

Yeah. Shlama was trying hard to copy the early, romantic 90s R&B-pop songs by Mariah Carey and Michael Jackson which have a jubilant melody. But the thing is, they had happy lyrics. Linda's song did NOT and it was a sad political song. The melody was totally out of place.

baklawa said:
You remind me of my dad!  He could never listen to Evin Aghassi because he said most of his songs were like that -- depressing lyrics set to an upbeat tempo.  I agree, although "Habbania" remains one of my favorite songs.
Haha true, but that part never bothered me. It adds colour and variety to his music. At the end of the day, they're in a minor key. No matter how "upbeat" they are, their key still sounds mournful and somber. Unlike that Linda song which is slow, but has a bright melody.

Fast and slow shouldn't matter. They key tonality does.

Back