Young Assyrians dying from heart attacks!

ASHOOR

Administrator
Staff member
Since late 2018 and through Jan 2021 (around 2 years) I know of 6 young Assyrians that have died of sudden heart-attacks and I am hoping this thread can bring some awareness to this silent killer. I won’t mention their names but at least their other info:

-Nov 2018: 29 year old from Chicago
-Feb 2019: 28 year old from Modesto (married with a kid and his wife was pregnant with a second child at the time)
-April 2020: 34 year old married man from Toronto, with 3 kid
-May 2020: 42 year old married father of 2, from Toronto
-July 2020: 27 year old man from Toronto
-Jan 2021: 27 year old man (I believe from Chicago)

Notice how 4 of these happened during the Pandemic and I wonder, and wouldn’t be shocked to know it is related.

Sad and tragic and may they Rest In Peace. And hope this thread can bring more attention to this silent killer.

Last edited:
The Jan 2021 case was a cousin of a relative. The mother was said to be inconsolable. I can't imagine how she was feeling. His death was filmed. He was playing live X box and it was all on cam. He wasn't feeling well, seemed like he was dizzy. He falls and you hear a death rattle after 5 minutes. You don't see him on the ground though. I can't imagine how the mother felt to see him lying lifeless in his room. 😢

There is a cause for this silent killer apparently. At least judging from the Jan 2021 one. The man was involved with drugs. It was said he overdosed on cocaine. I am going to have to assume that all those in their 20s that you listed probably had affiliation with drugs. Also notice that they're in North America. I hear of a lot of Assyrians there who recreationally do drugs (especially the US). We need more attention towards illicit drugs killing our youth.

Back