• Our popular and beloved forums are finally back, after being down since April 2018 due to hosting and server issues. We have now switched to a better platform, while maintenaing all data as it was before (contents and user names) . Thank you for your patience and loyalty. If you have any questions, need to report an error, or are having trouble logging in, please email us at: assyrianvoice@rogers.com

You are what you eat!!

ashtarsmom

it is essential to have a well-balanced healthy diet. The food you eat provides all the raw materials from which your body is made from: skin, muscle, bone, etc. The nutrients provided in your diet are necessary to create the enzymes and hormones that manage the function of every cell in your body. These nutrients are also essential to make neurotransmitters. Neurotransmitters control how you think and feel. This is why it is crucial that your diet is for your well-being.
The Glycemic Index is a system of measurement where food is measured by the how much blood sugar is produced. Foods with high GI numbers produce higher levels of insulin; therefore your body turns the blood sugar not only into energy but into fat as well. When you eat foods with a low GI number, your insulin levels will be normal and help you burn fat more efficiently. Also eating 5 times a day is best for weight loss. Eating 3 meals and 2 snacks in

between meals is ideal. When you skip meal, sometimes you will notice weight loss. What you lose is muscle, not fat. So it?s important to eat healthy and regularly so what you do lose is fat.

Free_Assyria

ashtarsmom said:
i. Also eating 5 times a day is best for weight loss.
this is the biggest myth out there on weight loss, i lost 8kgs in 8 weeks and i ate 3 square meals a day.
there is a great thread already out there on weight loss.

Macronutrients please google it.