World Cup Memory

davidb

What's your earliest world cup memory?

Brazil's 2-1 win over Scotland in 1998 world cup for me..

davidb said:
What's your earliest world cup memory?

Brazil's 2-1 win over Scotland in 1998 world cup for me..

What do you mean? that is as far as you can remember from past world cups?

I remember like a dream some stuff from 1986. But first real memory go back to first game in 1990, Argentina vs. Cameroon, when Maradonna was doing tricks with the ball before the game start, and then Cameroon went on to beat Argentina and Milla doing his famous dance.

ASHOOR

Bits of '86. I was 9 years old and was in Chicago visiting family cause my grandfather was in the hospital having surgery. My uncle took me to the hospital to visit and Argentina was playing on the tv in the waiting room. That was the first time I saw Maradona.

Crying when France was getting bounced out of a WC in the 80's (don't remember which one).  I was a huge Platini fan.

I remember little things before 1994.....But in 1994 I was 10 years old and a supporter of Germany....I don't know why...cos no one in my family barracks for them! LOL

My best memories come from the 1994 final of Brazil versus Italy when I was in Syria...I was barracking for Brazil to win, my brother broke his watch while supporting Italy hehehehe...I remember Romario's shots into the Italian Keeper and the penalty miss by Baggio. Oh they were good days of football, everything seems fixed now!

my First full memory of the World cup was in 86. Followed every game and still remember all the Scores and players.

86 was the Era of Maradonna, Plateni, Zico & Socrates.

Also, it was the only World cup that IRAQ played in, which made it extra special.

1990 belonged to Italy & Germany. The Star was Bagio. He came as a subtitute and ended up being a Star. Germany as a Team were more lethal than this current team. The combination of Voler & Klenisman in attack was great to see.

The world cup i remember the most is 1990 when West Germany beat Argentina and i sat there crying in the assyrian chekhana, i was a huge Maradona fan

Back