World Cup Final: Holland vs. Spain

When I told someone ' I wish Brazil was in the final today' they told me 'it is ok, things happen for a reason' but I told  them I don't see any good reason for me personally.

Well fastforward 24 hours later, and here I am, possibly missing the chance to even watch the final for some special reason. I will tell you the reason and what is happening later.

Even without my favorite team in it, I wouldn't want to ever miss a world cup final. But today may be a first.

May the best win!

Ashoor

DeJong should've seen red. The Dutch are kicking Spaniards more than they're kicking the ball.  Dirty, cheap, bastards!

davidb said:
Torres should of never come on!

I was thinking the same thing cause of you.

Great job Espa?a! I loved it. I hated the way the Dutch played and ruined this game, but I jumped and cheered the goal and the result. I'm glad it didn't go to penalties.

Who wants some RED orange juice? I may take long to prepare it but it will still be delicious!

Congrats to Spain, well-deserved! And Holland should have focused on playing and not playing another violent game. It helped them before but their luck ean out.

Overall one of the worst finals I have seen and another reason why Brazil should have been there and not Holland.

Having said that, I do feel bad for Holland for still not being able to win it. Should they just give up?

Man if the match? the goalie Iker from Spain! 4 games the elimination with no goals allowed.

See you guys in 2014 where I guarantee you it will be a better and real world cup ;)

Ashoor

Spain did deserve this win... however there were some caveats.

The majority being the ref's... which was the constant battle this whole world cup.  I mean 14 yellow cards.... 14!! And I'm not just saying that favoring Holland, that karate-kick to the chest should've been automatic red but he let that play?... Really?

Spain attacked more and had more possession, not to mention Robben's FAILED attempts, especially with his first one-on-one (the second one was a valid disagreement because the defender was pulling him back with his arm, another yellow but eh)

Also, the killer, the previous play prior to Spain's goal on the Holland free kick, it should've been a CORNER KICK and not a goal kick! The ball clearly hit a Spanish player and ricocheted  out of bounds.  No corner, and the next drive Spain scored.  To me then I knew they were going to score, I couldn't believe the stupid refs... ugh!!!!

Anyway, it was a bitter sweet victory as I too am a Spain fan, if it was any other team instead of Holland I would've been so happy but there is always next time.

I also found the trick, the country I visit right before the world cup (this year, Spain) will win it...so, for 2014 you better believe I'm booking my trip to Holland!  lool

Rum good post. I am not sure if I would blame the referee much. Sure he had his mistakes, but the game was rough in itself, thanks to a violent display from the Dutch (hope no one is surprised by now)
The referee could have issued more red cards instead but that would have made it worse.

and thanks for the tip, I will be sure to book your ticket to Brazil in June 2014 and can stay there for the duration if the tournament lol.

Ashoor

A red card that early would of ruined the world cup final, and that's something nobody wants to do. Good decisions all round.

davidb said:
A red card that early would of ruined the world cup final, and that's something nobody wants to do.

Are you serious? the guy almost knocked Alonso out, and you agree with a yellow for that?

davidb said:
A red card that early would of ruined the world cup final, and that's something nobody wants to do. Good decisions all round.

cause he is English. People from England get the job done properly!  :shades:

Merengues said:
Are you serious? the guy almost knocked Alonso out, and you agree with a yellow for that?

Nah of course it was a red, but it would of ruined the game even more so.

davidb said:

But that would be DeJong's fault, not the ref.  The Dutch ruined the game in the first minute when Van Persie came out kicking and then Van Bommel went straight through Iniesta from behind. The Dutch could've easily been playing with 9 men after the first half hour. Yet they are the ones complaining about Webb for favoring the Spanish. What whiny babies. They played the worst anti-footbal I've seen this tournament and then they have the nerve to cry about losing. They surrounded the ref and cried even more than....well the Spanish. Haha! By the way, that s**t has to stop.

The Dutch ended the cup with 22 yellow cards, while Spain had 8(5 of which they earned in the final).  I think Spain was the cleanest, fairest team in the tournament and the Dutch were exactly the opposite.  They played a worse game than Italy did in the '06 Final, and I never thought I'd he saying that.

It is no wonder that the global press, except the idiot writers in Holland, are all blaming the Dutch for creating an awful final and for being babies in the aftermath. The English press has been especially entertaining.  Cruyff said it best, "Sadly, they played very dirty...This ugly, vulgar, hard, hermetic, hardly eye-catching, hardly football style... If with this they got satisfaction, fine, but they lost." He even joined the criticism on the ref, Webb, saying that he wasn't strict enough.  I agree with the Dutch guy.

Damn I am so dissapointed!
Ehm Jacob, the Dutch papers didn't complain about the referee much. They all said we didn't deserved to win the way we played and we got lucky the ref didn't give two red cards. De Jong and van Bommel deserved a red card in the first half. Damn I hoped we played our own game but instead we played like a rugby team. The whole WC we played like shit, nobody cared because we got through, but the way we played in that final is not something to be proud off. The weird thing is that we don't have to play that way because our players have good technique and game insight.

Everybody complained about the dives of Robben, did you see how Iniesta dived? The player wasnt even near and he fell, poor van der Wiel got a yellow card for nothing. And Spain plays like if its ballet. It is a contact sport!

Overall Spain the deserved winners, played beautifull trough out the whole WC and they were the only team besides Germany who deserved to win it based on the way they played during the WC.

Dalida said:
They are so cute! Poor girl was getting blamed for everything on the first game. lol She wasn't a distraction after all.

While I was rooting for the Orange, I felt good about Spain winning mainly for Casillas.  He got such flack about his girlfriend being on the field, that this win was really a redemption for both of them.  That was a very cute moment!

davidb said:
Nah of course it was a red, but it would of ruined the game even more so.

Not the ref's fault....If The Dutch want to come out kickign and wanting to break the opponents legs, then they are in the wrong sport...The Dutch shoould have EASILY ended up with 9 or 8 men...

Back