• Our popular and beloved forums are finally back, after being down since April 2018 due to hosting and server issues. We have now switched to a better platform, while maintenaing all data as it was before (contents and user names) . Thank you for your patience and loyalty. If you have any questions, need to report an error, or are having trouble logging in, please email us at: assyrianvoice@rogers.com

World Cup Final: Holland vs. Spain

ASHOOR

Administrator
Staff member
This just in, Paul the Psychic Octopus, picks Spain to win the world cup.

Oh and he is also starting to receive death threats! haha.

ASHOOR

Merengues

ASHOOR said:
If Spain was to have a very bad second half and lose to Holland, would you consider them a bad team this tournament? bear in mind, Spain has already lost a game and had difficulty beating Paraguay and Chile.

ASHOOR
Spain were playing crap for me the whole tournament up until the Germany game, where they tore germany a new hole, Brazil were playing very ordinarily, you just love Brazil too much too admit it, you love them so much that you have even found someone to blame for it lol

ASHOOR

Administrator
Staff member
Bro, it doesn't matter to me that they were good the whole tournament, because they ruined it all in the second half against Holland.

So sure I like Brazil, they are my favorite team, but what matters is that despite playing very good most of the time, they absolutely ruined it when it mattered the most. So maybe for that alone, they weren't good enough.

Let us leave it at that, and focus on the game at hand (I couldn't help but to talk about them again)

ASHOOR

Merengues

ASHOOR said:
This just in, Paul the Psychic Octopus, picks Spain to win the world cup.

Oh and he is also starting to receive death threats! haha.

ASHOOR
Germans are gonna cook him and eat him...its what i heard

jacob

MJaY said:
I'm going for the Dutch because I know Van P will play, whereas Cesc is on the bench/leaving us. Club loyalties!
Ok I can respect that. And now with Villa and Silva moving you really have nobody to support on Spain.

MXJSPH

jacob said:
Ok I can respect that. And now with Villa and Silva moving you really have nobody to support on Spain.
Yup, I hate them all, all of a sudden! haha

Should be a good game. Hopefully the Dutch can nick a goal early so Spain can really go at them. If Spain score first, I can see them shutting up shop and making it a boring final. Holland don't know how to defend, which is always entertaining.

chemaster

naturaly orange is above all, more so over the paella munchers  :wavetowel:

an interesting note; ive met robin van persie and his idiot wife several times in our pharmacy.

davidb

This has been the longest silly season ever for me(and probably most Liverpool supporters)!  Hurry up and finish!

jacob

Is it weird that I have butterflies in my stomach?  I can't wait till gametime. I think you all know who I'm supporting in this one, the team I've been cheering for since I lived there 9 years ago, Espa?a! Espa?a! Venga Vamos La Furia Roja!

ASHOOR

Administrator
Staff member
When I told someone ' I wish Brazil was in the final today' they told me 'it is ok, things happen for a reason' but I told  them I don't see any good reason for me personally.

Well fastforward 24 hours later, and here I am, possibly missing the chance to even watch the final for some special reason. I will tell you the reason and what is happening later.

Even without my favorite team in it, I wouldn't want to ever miss a world cup final. But today may be a first.

May the best win!

Ashoor

jacob

DeJong should've seen red. The Dutch are kicking Spaniards more than they're kicking the ball.  Dirty, cheap, bastards!

jacob

davidb said:
Torres should of never come on!
I was thinking the same thing cause of you.

Great job Espa?a! I loved it. I hated the way the Dutch played and ruined this game, but I jumped and cheered the goal and the result. I'm glad it didn't go to penalties.

ASHOOR

Administrator
Staff member
Who wants some RED orange juice? I may take long to prepare it but it will still be delicious!

Congrats to Spain, well-deserved! And Holland should have focused on playing and not playing another violent game. It helped them before but their luck ean out.

Overall one of the worst finals I have seen and another reason why Brazil should have been there and not Holland.

Having said that, I do feel bad for Holland for still not being able to win it. Should they just give up?

Man if the match? the goalie Iker from Spain! 4 games the elimination with no goals allowed.

See you guys in 2014 where I guarantee you it will be a better and real world cup ;)

Ashoor