• Our popular and beloved forums are finally back, after being down since April 2018 due to hosting and server issues. We have now switched to a better platform, while maintenaing all data as it was before (contents and user names) . Thank you for your patience and loyalty. If you have any questions, need to report an error, or are having trouble logging in, please email us at: assyrianvoice@rogers.com

Will Islam decline?

In the early 20th Century 20% of the middle east was Christian.

Today it's only 4%.

Islam is actually dying, 40% of Muslims in Europe are now Ex-Muslims.

There is 4 000 new satanists in Iran every year from ages 16-21.

Atheism is creeping into Iraq and Syria as their is many confessions coming out since 2008.

Egyptian Muslim women estimate 1 Million+ Closeted Christians who identify themselves still as Muslims.

TommyAU

I've of the opinion that although we won't see a massive decline in Islam any time soon, It does look like it will have no choice but to change and be more accepting of human right's, equality etc.
From what I can tell, the reason why we've had terrorism up the ass lately is because of the Arab spring and the whole appreciation for more liberal principles that has been on the rise lately. It kinda seem's like the Middle East has hit boiling point and sooner or later, true democracy will prevail because, well, it just will... It's evolution. Groups like ISIS are just having a big sook about it right now cause they can feel their strict archaic ideologies dying out but eventually they'll disappear because... Well... Cause badness can't beat goodness :D

I feel like what we're seeing is something akin to what Europe went through. If you go back 100 year's or so, you'll see that Europe itself was a hot bed of bigotry, rasicm, nationalism etc. Eventually it changed for the good but not before one last group (the NAZI's) had one last crack at it's shitty fascist ways. Maybe the middle east is going through it's own word war 

TommyAU said:
I've of the opinion that although we won't see a massive decline in Islam any time soon, It does look like it will have no choice but to change and be more accepting of human right's, equality etc.
From what I can tell, the reason why we've had terrorism up the ass lately is because of the Arab spring and the whole appreciation for more liberal principles that has been on the rise lately. It kinda seem's like the Middle East has hit boiling point and sooner or later, true democracy will prevail because, well, it just will... It's evolution. Groups like ISIS are just having a big sook about it right now cause they can feel their strict archaic ideologies dying out but eventually they'll disappear because... Well... Cause badness can't beat goodness :D

I feel like what we're seeing is something akin to what Europe went through. If you go back 100 year's or so, you'll see that Europe itself was a hot bed of bigotry, rasicm, nationalism etc. Eventually it changed for the good but not before one last group (the NAZI's) had one last crack at it's ****ty fascist ways. Maybe the middle east is going through it's own word war 
Difficult to say, even though there will be progress eventually in Middle East, there is always occasional radicalization in "true democracies", people are full of prejudice and given the right opportunity and right opportunists, things take a bad turn. Look at Sweden how successful a party is that 20 years ago was openly Neo-Nazi. Same is happening in other European countries like Bulgaria, France, Hungary...

Middle East is a mess, and we won't know what would have been if west had not involved in its affairs (Syria would DEFINITELY be much better off without west meddling and promoting FSA and rebels; Iraq was stable and safe for Assyrians; Libya and Egypt though?)

mrzurnaci

TommyAU said:

I feel like what we're seeing is something akin to what Europe went through. If you go back 100 year's or so, you'll see that Europe itself was a hot bed of bigotry, rasicm, nationalism etc. Eventually it changed for the good but not before one last group (the NAZI's) had one last crack at it's ****ty fascist ways. Maybe the middle east is going through it's own word war 
Really? I always assumed that Islamic fundamentalism/terrorism is the response to Islam falling apart. Those fundamentalists/terrorists believe that increasing faith will put Islam's mojo back but they're highly mistaken...

Hopefully Islam WILL fall apart a little sooner as Assyrians can no longer tolerate such intolerance that Islam brings...

ASHOOR

Administrator
Staff member
If only stupid liberals could stop repeating the phrase 'Islam is the religion of p....' (I didn't say the full word intentionally) then maybe we get somewhere.

You can bet that after the school massacre that happened in Pakistan yesterday (some 135 students killed by the Taliban) a lot of Muslims in that country and other places woke up today and asked themselves the question "am I practicing the right religion? is my religion really the religion of p.....?" and other rhetorical questions.

And you can rest assured that a lot of Muslims have probably already converted or abandoned their religion but you just won't know it, out of fear of course.

The more desperate and bloody these Islamic terrorists become, the more hint it is that their religion is either in jeopardy or in decline.

Don't let the number of Muslims in the world fool you. Even if it is at 2 billion now, most of it happened through birth and force and not a convincing campaign to convert millions.

ASHOOR

Shahin

For, my part, I think that Islam has a "bright" future in Europe, for the following reasons:
First, Catholicism has really really badly tainted Christianity. Catholicism will lost Europe.
-many generations of westerners (mainly French, Dutch,German and English) have grown without religion and convert to Islam because some lack of religion in their life OR live in suburbs or Area where Islam is the majority.
Why do they convert to Islam ?
Because of the liberals who don't want to see all the problems that come up with Islam and don't want to be accused of "Islamophobia/Islamophobic", they keep saying "Islam is a religion of peace", "Islam has no problems", "Islam is not responsible of the terrorism", "Muslims are well integrated in the civic life".
All the immigrants who will not give up Islam and have >4 children when Western countries have a decline of their population.

Cascade

Where are you sources to these bold statements?

Anyway, Islam is actually declining. Those who say otherwise are usually Muslim and their propagandists.