Will Assyrians ever have a country of their own?

mrzurnaci said:
moving back is very possible. A few brave and educated Assyrians have to make the return trip and help improve the conditions so other Assyrians can come back as well. It would also help if the Assyrians who went back used the internet to show about the land and the progress they're making!

Obviously, every Assyrian who moves back I advise get guns. Get pistols and always conceal carry.

In my idea of Assyria, every Assyrian has to have a gun in their household and a gun on their person. Imagine how f***ed Da'esh would've been if EVERY household in the Nineveh Plains was armed.

It's most likely we'll have to make a law about staying armed.

I'd rather not imagine that blood bath. You and others here still don't seem to understand so let's make another attempt at it.

First of all, the ISIS that attacked the Nineveh plains and Shengal wasn't the same ISIS that attacked Mosul. When ISIS attacked Mosul they did so with less than 2000 men and only used pick up trucks. Once the Iraqi army fled ISIS recovered well over 2000 armored vehicles. In comparison the Peshmerga had less than 50. That is well documented, so link here: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/jun/01/isis-captured-2300-humvee-armoured-vehicles-from-iraqi-forces-in-mosul

By the time ISIS captured Mosul and all the shiny Iraqi inventory the feeling Iraqi army left behind they had a further two months to recruit ex-Baathists and more radical men from from the city.

Now really the clue is in the name, but the up-armoured Humvees captured by ISIS are designed to withstand all bullets (expect some top-grade armour penetrating .50 cals) & RPGs etc. The only thing that would destroy a Humvee is a direct hit from a tank, a direct hit from heat seeking/infra-red guided missile or an air strike.

ISIS was at it's peak before they attacked Shengal and the Plains. ISIS is a highly mobile force as in they don't have a clear offensive or defensive line such as a regular army would have. Because of that ISIS was always able to mount an attack, a rather large attack within days, something that would take a regular army weeks of prep.

The only thing that you can use effectively against a force like ISIS is an air force. Really it's just leveling the playing field. An air force vs VBIEDs.

So no, I don't want to imagine what civilians or villagers armed with "guns" would have been able to do because I can guarantee you, it would have ended in a blood bath.

alan1 said:
I'd rather not imagine that blood bath. You and others here still don't seem to understand so let's make another attempt at it.

First of all, the ISIS that attacked the Nineveh plains and Shengal wasn't the same ISIS that attacked Mosul. When ISIS attacked Mosul they did so with less than 2000 men and only used pick up trucks. Once the Iraqi army fled ISIS recovered well over 2000 armored vehicles. In comparison the Peshmerga had less than 50. That is well documented, so link here: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/jun/01/isis-captured-2300-humvee-armoured-vehicles-from-iraqi-forces-in-mosul

By the time ISIS captured Mosul and all the shiny Iraqi inventory the feeling Iraqi army left behind they had a further two months to recruit ex-Baathists and more radical men from from the city.

Now really the clue is in the name, but the up-armoured Humvees captured by ISIS are designed to withstand all bullets (expect some top-grade armour penetrating .50 cals) & RPGs etc. The only thing that would destroy a Humvee is a direct hit from a tank, a direct hit from heat seeking/infra-red guided missile or an air strike.

ISIS was at it's peak before they attacked Shengal and the Plains. ISIS is a highly mobile force as in they don't have a clear offensive or defensive line such as a regular army would have. Because of that ISIS was always able to mount an attack, a rather large attack within days, something that would take a regular army weeks of prep.

The only thing that you can use effectively against a force like ISIS is an air force. Really it's just leveling the playing field. An air force vs VBIEDs.

So no, I don't want to imagine what civilians or villagers armed with "guns" would have been able to do because I can guarantee you, it would have ended in a blood bath.

So you're saying that Assyrians and Yezids wouldn't have employed anti-vehicle measures? Many towns in the Nineveh Plains have tight streets that would be utter hell for vehicles to pass into.

Vehicular warfare is nothing without foot soldiers to keep and hold the ground. The vehicles are only for stronger support. Once you block or disable the vehicles, it's pretty much a generic urban warfare battle between soldiers...

I feel the Middle-East is wasting away (especially due to climate change) and it's probably better for Assyrians to just emigrate to the west, get educations, and live better lives. Unpopular opinion probably, but the Middle-East honestly is a dump now

Kelba said:
I feel the Middle-East is wasting away (especially due to climate change) and it's probably better for Assyrians to just emigrate to the west, get educations, and live better lives. Unpopular opinion probably, but the Middle-East honestly is a dump now

and because it's a dump, we can turn it into a paradise.

Assyrian Nationalist said:
Alan is an idiot, he is like the Peshmerga that took weapons off of Assyrians before ISIS came.

He's just being a typical Kurd.
that's his problem, not ours.

mrzurnaci said:
So you're saying that Assyrians and Yezids wouldn't have employed anti-vehicle measures? Many towns in the Nineveh Plains have tight streets that would be utter hell for vehicles to pass into.

Vehicular warfare is nothing without foot soldiers to keep and hold the ground. The vehicles are only for stronger support. Once you block or disable the vehicles, it's pretty much a generic urban warfare battle between soldiers...

No, you said imagine what would have happened in they had Guns and that people should have guns, I simply explained to you that a gun isn't going to get you far.

I'm not sure what an anti-vehicle measure is but clearly you don't have much military knowledge. Neither Assyrians not Ezidis can get hold of anti-tank missiles.

This is what you are unable to understand, there was no way for the Peshmerga to take out the vehicles before the coalition started arming them with anti-tank missiles, off course by then it was too late. Regardless, the point is, if any minoirity attempted the stop Isis with "guns" they would have been massacred.

The prospect of Assyrian having their own country is extremely slim for the following reasons .

1-For every Assyrian that is born there 10 that leaves the region which by second and third generation are completely integrated in the western society .The problem is ,they make it easy for  Assyrian  to leave and get accepted in western countries .

2-For most parts Assyrian areas are over run by kurds , arabs and torkman and they are minority even in their own region .

3-Establishing a non muslim country between the Islamic republic of iran and turkey and iraq and syria is a no go for obvious reasons .

Assyrians are wanted back home and i believe an autonomous region can be created for them in the long run , but the problem is that there are no incentives at all in going back . The region is poor , no jobs , expensive , not safe with very little to look forward too .

nejepnerast said:
The prospect of Assyrian having their own country is extremely slim for the following reasons .

1-For every Assyrian that is born there 10 that leaves the region which by second and third generation are completely integrated in the western society .The problem is ,they make it easy for  Assyrian  to leave and get accepted in western countries .

2-For most parts Assyrian areas are over run by kurds , arabs and torkman and they are minority even in their own region .

3-Establishing a non muslim country between the Islamic republic of iran and turkey and iraq and syria is a no go for obvious reasons .

Assyrians are wanted back home and i believe an autonomous region can be created for them in the long run , but the problem is that there are no incentives at all in going back . The region is poor , no jobs , expensive , not safe with very little to look forward too .

I hope that a region for Assyrians is created at some point but not on the terms some members are discussing here because it's not realistic. The problem for Assyrians is that they can't establish a region without the blessing and protection of a super power, and no super power would be willing to do so because there is no interest for them to do so. Assyrians should work to establish a better understanding with the Kurdish political movements because that is their best shot at some sort of self governance and the assurance of their survival and prosperity in the region.

alan1 said:
I hope that a region for Assyrians is created at some point but not on the terms some members are discussing here because it's not realistic. The problem for Assyrians is that they can't establish a region without the blessing and protection of a super power, and no super power would be willing to do so because there is no interest for them to do so. Assyrians should work to establish a better understanding with the Kurdish political movements because that is their best shot at some sort of self governance and the assurance of their survival and prosperity in the region.

The major problem is their number which constantly declining . The freedom , safety and the social support in the west is too hard to resist .Every Assyrian i met is opposed to the mass migration and yet non is willing to go back . Yazidis are in the same Conundrum , but they are not migrating and very much attached to the land of their ancestors .

Have anyone really talking recently about making an autonomy region for us? I cant belive the iraqi government doesnt care about us, we are almost exterminated in iraq for fucking sake

nejepnerast said:
The major problem is their number which constantly declining . The freedom , safety and the social support in the west is too hard to resist .Every Assyrian i met is opposed to the mass migration and yet non is willing to go back . Yazidis are in the same Conundrum , but they are not migrating and very much attached to the land of their ancestors .
This is true. Many Assyrians living there are migrating. So I don't see why they want a land when they all want to move out from there.

Cascade said:
This is true. Many Assyrians living there are migrating. So I don't see why they want a land when they all want to move out from there.
because the only reason they want to move out is because it's not safe. Do I need to get Mazlow in here again? If there's no sense of safety, individuals cannot prosper.

Let's face it guys. Western civilization is pretty much dead lol. Assyrians will start migrating back to Assyria when there is no more reason to live in diaspora.

SonOfAssyria said:
Let's face it guys. Western civilization is pretty much dead lol. Assyrians will start migrating back to Assyria when there is no more reason to live in diaspora.

It kinda is unless it picks itself back up. Welfare and Feminism has destroyed their birth rates to the point where they're importing Muslims just to replace the younger generations they didn't get.

mrzurnaci said:
It kinda is unless it picks itself back up. Welfare and Feminism has destroyed their birth rates to the point where they're importing Muslims just to replace the younger generations they didn't get.

Exactly, and those same Muslims are going to take over just like in London. This same thing with Muslims is happening over and over again in different countries. If diaspora becomes just as bad or worse than our homeland, Assyrians should might as well just move back. Western civilisation is only going to get worse.

SonOfAssyria said:
Exactly, and those same Muslims are going to take over just like in London. This same thing with Muslims is happening over and over again in different countries. If diaspora becomes just as bad or worse than our homeland, Assyrians should might as well just move back. Western civilisation is only going to get worse.

I agree, hopefully USA will let us take some of its 300 million gun for ourselves.

mrzurnaci said:
I agree, hopefully USA will let us take some of its 300 million gun for ourselves.

Well the USA pretty much just left all of their weapons in Iraq after they left, which is why ISIS was even able to rise to power. It would be a sort of poetic justice situation (not that I want this to happen), if the USA ever got to a point where weapons were so easy for anyone to get their hands on, and some sort of terrorist group (like ISIS) used this to their advantage and rose up and basically started a civil war. It's that sort of thing that's really funny, and not "ha ha" funny but the kind of funny that makes you shake your head and think "Despite it being so obvious that this is going to happen, why the hell did we do nothing to prevent it when it was the critical time to do so and instead pretend that everything is fine and the things that are happening in countries so far away like Iraq and Syria could never happen to us". America has obviously gotten to the point that I just mentioned where it's so easy for a random person to acquire weapons. I am honestly surprised that some terrorist organization hasn't emerged from within America and caused complete chaos resulting in a civil war, the US is lucky to have only had a couple of school shootings and mass murderers here and there considering their situation. Like imagine what would happen if there was a civil war in the US, some country would use this to their advantage and attack America, and we'd end up with another world war. This is why I think western civilization is practically dead, a war could happen literally at any moment and people are too preoccupied with political correctness and whether or not there are more than two genders. It's honestly very sad and scary to see all of this happen in front of our eyes and the vast majority of people just brush it off, throw in a couple of facebook hashtags whenever theres some sort of tragedy, and forget about it the next week. It's unfortunate but it is the reality. We could probably even take a couple of guns here and there without anyone noticing.

Actually if we get autonomy in iraqs nineveh plains l would see it as a country, that would be a good start, but l am sad that not many people moved there already.

Back