Why "North America" Why

ACANA

I know the reason we came to Canada is because we had no choice, USA, Australia and even Europe was not accepting refugees. Looking at it in sports presepective Europe would have been a dream.

If I was in Europe, I could have watched classic soccer games live. For sure I would have gone to watch "Chelsea vs. Manchester United". Also, I could have watched "Inter vs AC Milan" live. I could have watched "Bayern Munich vs Hamburg" or maybe even would to go to Greece to watch Olympiakos battle Pathanaikos. Maybe I could have gone to Spain and watched "Real vs Barcelons". I could have fulfilled my dream in watching Assyriska play anyone and being part of the Zelge Fans.

Unfortuanetly, I am in North America where Hockey is religion in Canada and American Football is religion in USA. I only watch the games mentioned above on TV. I watch the games envious of the people in the stadium and loudly wondering what the atmospher is like.

Why "North America" Why

I think you should be where you will be happy. I say you move to England. Get a job there and you're in!

When I watch soccer on tv I get bored easily but I would love to watch it live.

No England would not be my first choice. Greece, Spain or Italy will do. I wonder if they have work for a civil engineer.

You should look online for civil engineer jobs in those places. Just apply to as many as you can, you never know you might get lucky.

ACANA said:
No England would not be my first choice. Greece, Spain or Italy will do. I wonder if they have work for a civil engineer.

I know Dubai has lots opening for your field not to sure about others

But i would consider Sweden too since has Assyriska  :wavetowel:

But I love hockey and i can't see myself without it  :mrgreen:

ACANA said:

Civil engineer? Go to Iraq....you can watch Duhok Vs Arbil.  :lol:

If you think the people in Asutralia get to watch those games then your wrong, (Unless you have foxtel, you must have a bit of money to be able to pay for this) even with foxtel you have to wake up early in hte mornings to watch such games, Australia is too in lvoe with its Cricket and Rugby league

Merengues said:
If you think the people in Asutralia get to watch those games then your wrong, (Unless you have foxtel, you must have a bit of money to be able to pay for this) even with foxtel you have to wake up early in hte mornings to watch such games, Australia is too in lvoe with its Cricket and Rugby league

Yeah, we left that behind for you ex cons to play :mrgreen:

ACANA said:
I know the reason we came to Canada is because we had no choice, USA, Australia and even Europe was not accepting refugees. Looking at it in sports presepective Europe would have been a dream.

If I was in Europe, I could have watched classic soccer games live. For sure I would have gone to watch "Chelsea vs. Manchester United". Also, I could have watched "Inter vs AC Milan" live. I could have watched "Bayern Munich vs Hamburg" or maybe even would to go to Greece to watch Olympiakos battle Pathanaikos. Maybe I could have gone to Spain and watched "Real vs Barcelons". I could have fulfilled my dream in watching Assyriska play anyone and being part of the Zelge Fans.

Unfortuanetly, I am in North America where Hockey is religion in Canada and American Football is religion in USA. I only watch the games mentioned above on TV. I watch the games envious of the people in the stadium and loudly wondering what the atmospher is like.

Why "North America" Why

I ask this same question to myself as well.  Mind you, its probably better that you don't attend an Athens derby since it isn't very good for your health - with all the smoke inhaled from flares and the friendly violence.

But doesn't that make it more intresting. I watched a game here in the Skydome between Italy and Serbia. The Serbian fans were nuts and they lit flares and started running on the filed and there was even fights in the stands.  We were shocked a bit to see that on North American soil. Fans in north america are "quite" and "boring". Nothing like this happens here. I don't enjoy the viloence but everyhting else I don't mind. So it was nice to see.

ACANA said:
But doesn't that make it more intresting. I watched a game here in the Skydome between Italy and Serbia. The Serbian fans were nuts and they lit flares and started running on the filed and there was even fights in the stands.  We were shocked a bit to see that on North American soil. Fans in north america are "quite" and "boring". Nothing like this happens here. I don't enjoy the viloence but everyhting else I don't mind. So it was nice to see.

See there is one thing you would never see with hockey fans doing in the stadium because they are too peaceful  :mrgreen:

R O B I N said:
See there is one thing you would never see with hockey fans doing in the stadium because they are too peaceful  :mrgreen:

Soccer fans are crazy! If the movies made about them are true. It's funny that hockey has violence in the sport but the fans aren't but soccer has no violence in the game but the fans are a bunch of lunatics. It would be pretty cool to go see it first hand though. lol

R O B I N said:

It is very simple: with Norh American sports (hockey, baseball etc.) it is the players that fight, and never the fans.

In Europe, and with soccer in general, it is the fans that fight, and hardly ever the players.

ASHOOR

Dalida said:
Soccer fans are crazy! If the movies made about them are true. It's funny that hockey has violence in the sport but the fans aren't but soccer has no violence in the game but the fans are a bunch of lunatics. It would be pretty cool to go see it first hand though. lol

I wouldn't go to England and watch a game cause i heard they are the worse fans when it comes to violence

What hockey games have you guys been going to?  I've seen so many fan fights it's unbelievable.  We used to say that you were guaranteed a fight at a Toledo game, if not on the ice then for sure in the crowd.  Back in the day when they used to do 10 cent beer night it was brawler central in the stands.  But that was back in the 70's and 80's in the IHL.  I was watching a Flames game a week or so ago and a fight broke out in the stands.  Even the players were looking up and watching it.

At least the fights in the stands at hockey games are usually because people are too drunk and they fight over women or something.  In European soccer games they fight because they hate each other for supporting a certain team or being from a different ethnicity.  Wasn't it Celtic vs. Rangers in Glasgow where someone got stabbed in the skull for entering the wrong team bar?  Now that's crazy.

Either way I love both sports and they are both great live and on TV.  Though if I had to pick where to live because of the sport, I think I'd stay in North America.  I appreciate minor league and junior hockey much more than I like second or third division football in Europe.  And first team football is just too expensive to be able to watch live regularly, so I'll stick to watching it on TV from North America and going to minor league hockey games for anywhere from 5-20 bucks.

jacob said:
What hockey games have you guys been going to?  I've seen so many fan fights it's unbelievable.  We used to say that you were guaranteed a fight at a Toledo game, if not on the ice then for sure in the crowd.  Back in the day when they used to do 10 cent beer night it was brawler central in the stands.  But that was back in the 70's and 80's in the IHL.  I was watching a Flames game a week or so ago and a fight broke out in the stands.  Even the players were looking up and watching it.

At least the fights in the stands at hockey games are usually because people are too drunk and they fight over women or something.  In European soccer games they fight because they hate each other for supporting a certain team or being from a different ethnicity.  Wasn't it Celtic vs. Rangers in Glasgow where someone got stabbed in the skull for entering the wrong team bar?  Now that's crazy.

Either way I love both sports and they are both great live and on TV.  Though if I had to pick where to live because of the sport, I think I'd stay in North America.  I appreciate minor league and junior hockey much more than I like second or third division football in Europe.  And first team football is just too expensive to be able to watch live regularly, so I'll stick to watching it on TV from North America and going to minor league hockey games for anywhere from 5-20 bucks.

Sure there have been few fight but when was the last time u heard a fan die because of a fight in the stands and this happens every year in soccer over in europe. I hate a lot of hockey fans cause there teams but i would not go out my way to kill any1 because there team because this is sport and i don't believe any1 should die because who they cheer for

so with that note

GO LEAFS GO 3 IN A ROW AND ARE ON FIRE NOW

R O B I N said:
Sure there have been few fight but when was the last time u heard a fan die because of a fight in the stands and this happens every year in soccer over in europe. I hate a lot of hockey fans cause there teams but i would not go out my way to kill any1 because there team because this is sport and i don't believe any1 should die because who they cheer for

so with that note

GO LEAFS GO 3 IN A ROW AND ARE ON FIRE NOW

Oh I definitely agree that it's way worse in European football than in hockey.  I was just saying that I've seen my fair share of fights at hockey games too.  But not deaths, you're right on that.

So you're not like other Leafs fans that want more losses and a better draft pic? haha

jacob said:
Oh I definitely agree that it's way worse in European football than in hockey.  I was just saying that I've seen my fair share of fights at hockey games too.  But not deaths, you're right on that.

So you're not like other Leafs fans that want more losses and a better draft pic? haha

No i don't think that a single player can change a team that much  :giggle:

plus is not about drafting top players is about drafting smart look at detroit red wings and the players they have

R O B I N said:
I wouldn't go to England and watch a game cause i heard they are the worse fans when it comes to violence
Actually it is the opposite.  English supporters have sorted themselves in the past decade or two.  Turks are the worst (surprise surprise) because they kill innocent supporters as long as they are playing for the opposition.  They don't even have to be rivals.

You shouldn't worry about going to England to watch football, but i would be worried if England came to you.

We suffered from the same thing here until Australia joined Asia, and that has made it a lot better for us, at least We get to see our Homeland  National team ( Iraq) first hand in major competitions, and it wont be long before Australia Hosts a Major Touranment such as the Asian cup

Back