• Our popular and beloved forums are finally back, after being down since April 2018 due to hosting and server issues. We have now switched to a better platform, while maintenaing all data as it was before (contents and user names) . Thank you for your patience and loyalty. If you have any questions, need to report an error, or are having trouble logging in, please email us at: assyrianvoice@rogers.com

Why do so many people think we are extinct?

Neta1991

New member
mrzurnaci said:
There's no difference between West and Eastern Assyrians. Stop being a Sadr Sectarian....

Take your backwards ideology to the Muslims...
And here we go, the fanatic guy has written! I knew u would get angry. U dont know what l know because u dont read the Aramean evidence at all, only what u want to know and thats Assyrian evidence. U are not like me and will never be. So just stfu ***** and u too joe stfu. Read the Aramean evidence then write it down like if its that easy bitch
 

mrzurnaci

New member
Neta1991 said:
And here we go, the fanatic guy has written! I knew u would get angry. U dont know what l know because u dont read the Aramean evidence at all, only what u want to know and thats Assyrian evidence. U are not like me and will never be. So just stfu ***** and u too joe stfu. Read the Aramean evidence then write it down like if its that easy *****
Dude, all of the Aramean evidence you presented has already been refuted...

Don't tell Joe to shut up, he has the freedom of speech and you WILL respect your fellow Syriac-speaker or I WILL bring the Sandal of God on you...

Everything I know about Arameans and Assyrians are from WESTERN Historians, Archaeologists, and Western holders of Doctorates.

If they tell me, with proof and evidence, that all modern Syriac-speakers are ethnically Assyrian, then I'm very inclined to believe them because there's no counter-evidence against it...

In all honesty, you're the fanatic one here. I don't even use the Assyrian name to address myself to foreigners, I always say Mesopotamian...

I can use Mesopotamian and Assyrian whenever I want because I know who I am and I know who my people are and my people are the Syriac-speaking people of the Middle East whom have one single heritage and culture...
 

Neta1991

New member
mrzurnaci said:
Dude, all of the Aramean evidence you presented has already been refuted...

Don't tell Joe to shut up, he has the freedom of speech and you WILL respect your fellow Syriac-speaker or I WILL bring the Sandal of God on you...

Everything I know about Arameans and Assyrians are from WESTERN Historians, Archaeologists, and Western holders of Doctorates.

If they tell me, with proof and evidence, that all modern Syriac-speakers are ethnically Assyrian, then I'm very inclined to believe them because there's no counter-evidence against it...

In all honesty, you're the fanatic one here. I don't even use the Assyrian name to address myself to foreigners, I always say Mesopotamian...

I can use Mesopotamian and Assyrian whenever I want because I know who I am and I know who my people are and my people are the Syriac-speaking people of the Middle East whom have one single heritage and culture...
LOL REFUTED WHY? becuase u are fanatic! plz write down every aramean evidence you know plz, l beg you! so that l know if you think like me or not, and only after l will see why you think you are assyrian and how you can say no to that.
 

mrzurnaci

New member
Neta1991 said:
LOL REFUTED WHY? becuase u are fanatic! plz write down every aramean evidence you know plz, l beg you! so that l know if you think like me or not, and only after l will see why you think you are assyrian and how you can say no to that.
Arameans were a Semitic people who spoke their own Semitic language (Aramaic) which used a modified version of the Phoenician alphabet.

The Arameans were semi-nomadic and lived and spread from what is known as the region of Damascus and the Anti-Lebanon mountains.

The Arameans were neighbors of the growing ancient Assyrian empire who recently regained independence from the Hurrians and annexed Babylonia.

Arameans at this time had formed multiple states and kingdoms in the Damascus and anti-Lebanon mountain regions.

I don't if it was before or after ancient Assyrian conquest that Arameans began to spread out into Mesopotamia which allowed the Aramaic language to grow and gain influence.

After that point, the ancient Assyrian empire adopted Aramaic alongside Akkadian as the official language.

After that, Akkadian infused Aramaic slowly began to evolve into Syriac while the native Aramean population in the Damascus region had no such Akkadian influence.

Thus the Aramaic language had split into East and West while the boundaries of what was the region of Assyria was split by the Euphrates river.

Those who lived West of the Euphrates were typical Arameans while those who lived East of the Euphrates were typically Mesopotamians.

As Christianity formed, Arameans pretty much experienced what Assyrians experienced: A quick renaissance of their culture and then a decline by Islam.

The Arameans were more affected by Islam due to the conquering of Bilad al-Sham by Omar, ever famous for his rules on Christians called the Pact of Omar.

This led the Aramean population to Islamize and Arabize much faster than what Assyrians experienced in Mesopotamia.

The coup de grace on the Aramean population occurred during the Invasion of Timur who, not only committed genocide-like massacres on Assyrians but swept through Sham the same, leaving both regions devastated and to be repopulated by nomadic Arabs and Kurds...


If you're not Assyrian, then you're Mesopotamian. It doesn't matter what name you pick because you'll always be an ethnic Mesopotamian. Your ancestors lived in Mesopotamia and spoke the Syriac and not Western Aramaic language. You're also a really obvious and bad Fanatic troll...
 

Neta1991

New member
mrzurnaci said:
Arameans were a Semitic people who spoke their own Semitic language (Aramaic) which used a modified version of the Phoenician alphabet.

The Arameans were semi-nomadic and lived and spread from what is known as the region of Damascus and the Anti-Lebanon mountains.

The Arameans were neighbors of the growing ancient Assyrian empire who recently regained independence from the Hurrians and annexed Babylonia.

Arameans at this time had formed multiple states and kingdoms in the Damascus and anti-Lebanon mountain regions.

I don't if it was before or after ancient Assyrian conquest that Arameans began to spread out into Mesopotamia which allowed the Aramaic language to grow and gain influence.

After that point, the ancient Assyrian empire adopted Aramaic alongside Akkadian as the official language.

After that, Akkadian infused Aramaic slowly began to evolve into Syriac while the native Aramean population in the Damascus region had no such Akkadian influence.

Thus the Aramaic language had split into East and West while the boundaries of what was the region of Assyria was split by the Euphrates river.

Those who lived West of the Euphrates were typical Arameans while those who lived East of the Euphrates were typically Mesopotamians.

As Christianity formed, Arameans pretty much experienced what Assyrians experienced: A quick renaissance of their culture and then a decline by Islam.

The Arameans were more affected by Islam due to the conquering of Bilad al-Sham by Omar, ever famous for his rules on Christians called the Pact of Omar.

This led the Aramean population to Islamize and Arabize much faster than what Assyrians experienced in Mesopotamia.

The coup de grace on the Aramean population occurred during the Invasion of Timur who, not only committed genocide-like massacres on Assyrians but swept through Sham the same, leaving both regions devastated and to be repopulated by nomadic Arabs and Kurds...


If you're not Assyrian, then you're Mesopotamian. It doesn't matter what name you pick because you'll always be an ethnic Mesopotamian. Your ancestors lived in Mesopotamia and spoke the Syriac and not Western Aramaic language. You're also a really obvious and bad Fanatic troll...
The ancient greeks called the arameans and assyrians syrians. " The people we call syrians,call themselves Arameans ". Syriac church fathers called their people arameans. In the east,  they called them Assyrians, while in the West, the people knew them as Syrians, when talking about Assyrians. The Turabdin people, after the fall of Nineveh, attacked the Babylonians,maybe because the turabdin people ( arameans) became Assyrians, source aina. And many more evidence! I AM A HISTORIAN AND NOT A FANATIC, U LITTLE RAT!
 

john11121

New member
guys, its because the western mainstream archeological community says we are extinct. they say modern assyrians developed in the 1st century a.d. and we have nothing to do with ancient assyrians. I know that's not true, but that is their belief and so any western media will follow what they say about that issue. its clear that belief is more influenced by politics than actual science. and that's why in other posts I say things like "the west is deliberately trying to wipe us out", because it seems like the western countries are against our community's best interest in every possible way they can be.
 

mrzurnaci

New member
Neta1991 said:
The ancient greeks called the arameans and assyrians syrians. " The people we call syrians,call themselves Arameans ". Syriac church fathers called their people arameans. In the east,  they called them Assyrians, while in the West, the people knew them as Syrians, when talking about Assyrians. The Turabdin people, after the fall of Nineveh, attacked the Babylonians,maybe because the turabdin people ( arameans) became Assyrians, source aina. And many more evidence! I AM A HISTORIAN AND NOT A FANATIC, U LITTLE RAT!
You've said that quote thousands of times and I've already shot it down with Romans correcting the difference between the Arameans and Assyrians.

Secondly, how does that change the fact that Syriac is an Akkadian-mixed Aramaic language?

I know ancient Greeks called Assyrians and Arameans as "Syrian" and I'm going to say it again that the Romans corrected the difference by changing the provinces to Roman Syria (for Arameans) and Roman Assyria+Mesopotamia.

Assyrians differentiated between Ashur and Aramea (called Eber Nari meaning "Across the [Euphrates] river") which actually makes sense of now.

Your Turoyo dialect is influenced from Classical Syriac while Aramean Aramaic (Western Neo-Aramaic) is from the native Aramean Aramaic dialects of old.

If you truly are Aramean, then tell me what the Priest is saying in his prayer in the beginning

! No longer available

If you continue to watch, the Arabic speaking

Then there's the Lords Prayer in Western Aramaic

! No longer available

Did you understand any of the words?

Sounds awfully different than Avo b'Shmayo / Ava b'Shmaya doesn't it? :)
 

mrzurnaci

New member
ins001 said:
Sureth should change to that too
Why? The Syriac alphabet is the most advanced form of the original Aramaic alphabet. Not to mention that it was a natively innovated alphabet.
 

ins001

New member
mrzurnaci said:
Why? The Syriac alphabet is the most advanced form of the original Aramaic alphabet. Not to mention that it was a natively innovated alphabet.
I say we should just switch back to the very original, Akkadian. We only borrowed Aramaic from the ancient people of Syria the Arameans (if i'm not mistaken) so now its time to come back to Akkadian our original language made by Atouraye....haha just joking


It just seems much easier to learn the language when the letters don't have to be connected to each other with a line. It looks more organized too.
What do you mean by the Syriac alphabet being the most advanced?
 

mrzurnaci

New member
ins001 said:
I say we should just switch back to the very original, Akkadian. We only borrowed Aramaic from the ancient people of Syria the Arameans (if i'm not mistaken) so now its time to come back to Akkadian our original language made by Atouraye....haha just joking


It just seems much easier to learn the language when the letters don't have to be connected to each other with a line. It looks more organized too.
What do you mean by the Syriac alphabet being the most advanced?
There's no point of switching back to Akkadian considering that Our modern Syriac already uses alot of Akkadian-origin words...

why don't you take a look at this? -> http://assyrianic.deviantart.com/art/Syriac-Aramaic-Diagram-Chart-479930235

The main reason Syriac uses a cursive style (cursive meaning connecting) is because it's easier to write FASTER than spacing out each letter like how Square Aramaic writing is.

I don't need to explain why Syriac alphabet is the most advanced because this picture already sums it up lol -> http://assyrianic.deviantart.com/art/Syriac-Aramaic-Diagram-Chart-479930235
 

mrzurnaci

New member
ins001 said:
So the diagram is telling me that Aleph is not a vowel unless it has a rukkaxa or a qussaya?
lmao. Alaph is never a vowel... Alaph can only be used as a vowel indicator (when it's the first or last letter of a word) or a strategic pause (when in the middle of a word)

You barely know the alphabet, yet you want to change it?
 

ins001

New member
mrzurnaci said:
You barely know the alphabet, yet you want to change it?
lol thats the thing, I'm too stubborn to learn how to write something that looks too similar to arabic,
 

mrzurnaci

New member
ins001 said:
lol thats the thing, I'm too stubborn to learn how to write something that looks too similar to arabic,
other way around, Arabic looks similar to Syriac...

Syriac is older than Arabic and more developed. Arabic was developed using Syriac as a base.

You insult me with such an ignorant statement.
 

ins001

New member
mrzurnaci said:
other way around, Arabic looks similar to Syriac...
Either way around, same thing. They look like one another and that is just not going to slide down my throat.
mrzurnaci said:
Syriac is older than Arabic and more developed. Arabic was developed using Syriac as a base.
I understand this, but Syriac hasn't been "modernized". What I actually mean by this is that we are in an identity crisis
and people who barely reach the three-digit IQ mark easily confuse us with arabs and that is the last thing we want. So,
I want my language's writing to evolve into something similar to square-script so that it keeps a far distance from arabic or I'am never going to write in that language.

I guess it's just going to happen naturally. Hundreds of years from now Assyrians will create a revival of Neo-Aramaic where it will sound and look different from the way we speak it today. It even happens today on a micro scale, for example, if you had children and you taught them English first and then Aramaic then there Aramaic would sound very soft.
mrzurnaci said:
You insult me with such an ignorant statement.
I'm sorry, I know I'm being shallow-minded but that is my natural perception to this material.
 

ins001

New member
Another example is my brother, he learned English first and then Sureth. One person once remarked "dude, that sounded like every language in the world combined". Another said "are you speaking English backward". Now those are associations that I don't mind, but the other day my friend heard my parents speaking and he said "why are they speaking Muslim?!" I was like "muslim!? MUSLIM!!?? They're speaking JESUS!, they're speaking CHRISTIAN!
 
Top