• Our popular and beloved forums are finally back, after being down since April 2018 due to hosting and server issues. We have now switched to a better platform, while maintenaing all data as it was before (contents and user names) . Thank you for your patience and loyalty. If you have any questions, need to report an error, or are having trouble logging in, please email us at: assyrianvoice@rogers.com

Why do Assyrians put Armenians on a high liege?

Cascade

Active member
Now look, I have nothing against Armenians. If we have a nation, they'll always be our allies. They're also generally good people and we tend to be friends with them, But we seem to have a strong adoration and affinity for them. I mean I get it, we have intermixed with them and we both belong to an orthodox rite. And that's pretty much it.

Do they, as a nation, even care about us? Assyrians moan and complain about Israel deserting us, but then the Armenians have done nothing much to aid us in our plight. Sure, they recognize our genocide (and they ought to, really), but what have they actually done to us?

Above all things, I noticed a trend among half Assyrian/Armenians who disregard their Assyrian ancestry. First Andre Agassi and now the democrat Anna Eshoo. The Assyrians on Facebook, as usual, are blaming the Jews ("Jews have brainwashed her") for Anna's controversial statements when she didn't mention us. But they're so na?ve. Maybe these type of Armenians are taught to reject their other ethnicity in the name of Armenian patriotism? Or maybe they're taught to be ashamed of having the Assyrian ethnicity in them?
 
You have to realise Armenia isn't in a comfortable position, especially economically, to do much for us, yet, they seem to always extend a hand, whereas the Jews have financial and military means at their disposal to assist us but still refrain from doing so, even though it's not expected of them but the same can be argued for Armenia.

Take into account Armenia allowing us to propagate our language in their country and imposing no limits on our people in their land. I can't speak for Agassi and Eshoo but they're trivial in the grand scheme of things.
 

Cascade

Active member
Mr. Tambourine Man said:
You have to realise Armenia isn't in a comfortable position, especially economically, to do much for us, yet, they seem to always extend a hand, whereas the Jews have financial and military means at their disposal to assist us but still refrain from doing so, even though it's not expected of them but the same can be argued for Armenia.
Maybe so, but Israel is also defending itself arduously from its enemies. And Israel is surrounded by countries that not only hate it, but want it sucked out of existence.

Take into account Armenia allowing us to propagate our language in their country and imposing no limits on our people in their land. I can't speak for Agassi and Eshoo but they're trivial in the grand scheme of things.
They maybe just two people, but I thought that it could be a pattern here.
 

mrzurnaci

Active member
how much could Armenia truly do? The only thing they can do much is send weapons but they need them to fight off Azerbaijan.

Secondly, they don't have the economy to project their forces into Northern Iraq or else they would've been military intervening to protect Armenian communities in both Iraq and Syria.

Turkey does not want Armenia to become powerful in any way possible either. Armenia's GDP purchasing power parity (2015) is $7,907 USD. Compare that to Iraq which has PPP of $14,459 USD. Israel's PPP is $31,971 USD and USA's is $52,704.

This is likely because of the legacy of the communist system.
 

Cascade

Active member
mrzurnaci said:
how much could Armenia truly do? The only thing they can do much is send weapons but they need them to fight off Azerbaijan.

Secondly, they don't have the economy to project their forces into Northern Iraq or else they would've been military intervening to protect Armenian communities in both Iraq and Syria.

Turkey does not want Armenia to become powerful in any way possible either. Armenia's GDP purchasing power parity (2015) is $7,907 USD. Compare that to Iraq which has PPP of $14,459 USD. Israel's PPP is $31,971 USD and USA's is $52,704.

This is likely because of the legacy of the communist system.
That's true I guess. But Assyrians who hate Israel (and at the same time fervently swoon over Armenia) should also understand Israel's position. Sure, they have a decent military, but they're not the most wealthiest countries out there and, as I said, they're surrounded by violent enemies that despise them with passion.

Another point is that I doubt Armenians even "love" us that much as we do. We worship them, and yet they seem rather indifferent towards us. We should like them of course, but not treat them the way how Catholics treat the Virgin Mary, if that makes sense.
 
I'd tolerate Israel if they, despite their plight and misfortune, did anything to help the Assyrians. Whereas Armenia, which is in a grave condition, attempts to extend a hand whenever possible.

In fact, with Israel, the converse is true; whether intentionally or unintentionally the political and military decisions they make always have negative repercussions against the Assyrians. Israel continuously pushes for a regime change in Syria and is constantly either professing their support for the Kurds or putting their money where their mouth is with financial aid.
 

mrzurnaci

Active member
Mr. Tambourine Man said:
I'd tolerate Israel if they, despite their plight and misfortune, did anything to help the Assyrians. Whereas Armenia, which is in a grave condition, attempts to extend a hand whenever possible.

In fact, with Israel, the converse is true; whether intentionally or unintentionally the political and military decisions they make always have negative repercussions against the Assyrians. Israel continuously pushes for a regime change in Syria and is constantly either professing their support for the Kurds or putting their money where their mouth is with financial aid.
Israel doesn't want to help us unless they get something out of it but that's understandable. Israel wants Kurds to have sovereignty because they want a country that'll keep Turkey and Iran busy so Turkey and Iran won't have their sights aimed at Israel.

 

Cascade

Active member
Mr. Tambourine Man said:
In fact, with Israel, the converse is true; whether intentionally or unintentionally the political and military decisions they make always have negative repercussions against the Assyrians. Israel continuously pushes for a regime change in Syria and is constantly either professing their support for the Kurds or putting their money where their mouth is with financial aid.
It's an indirect or inadvertent effect though. They don't support Kurds just to intentionally screw us up. They're doing it for their own good, as they're getting a positive outcome for their economy and whatnot. At the end of the day, Kurds are an ethnic group, not a radical political party or something. People should stop thinking that supporting Kurds means you're supporting a terrorist organization.

Also, I think it's a good thing that Muslims and Jews are being allies considering how much they hate each other. We need Israel to be friends with other Middle Eastern countries too. It's downright unfathomable to see how much Arabs hate that nation. I personally want to see a stronger alliance between Israelis and Kurds, just to see Arabs/Muslims getting vexed by it.
 
I don't care if Israel 'didn't mean it' - if they don't take Assyrians into account for what they are doing, then I can't support them.

I get it; they support the Kurds to further intensify tensions and instability in that region for their own benefit but inevitably, we are hurt by it and so, I don't care too much for Israel.
 

Crocodile Bani

Active member
I am not even sure why this is even a topic.  Assyrians and Armenians have a common history, just like the ANZACs being from Australia and New Zealand (ironically from the same war).  They have suffered alongside us and we have suffered alongside them.  They, along with us, have been uprooted from our ancestral homelands.  We have way too much in common with them and shared so much history together.
 

Cascade

Active member
Mr. Tambourine Man said:
I don't care if Israel 'didn't mean it' - if they don't take Assyrians into account for what they are doing, then I can't support them.

I get it; they support the Kurds to further intensify tensions and instability in that region for their own benefit but inevitably, we are hurt by it and so, I don't care too much for Israel.
Don't care for the country, be ambivalent, but don't take it personally as an Assyrian. And how could they take us in account when they are in an ongoing conflict? Not to mention, Israel houses Assyrian immigrants and they're treated as equal citizens.

Btw, Lebanon is more than 50% Christian, they're relatively developed and, above all, they're not part of a conflict (at least now). They can also aid us. What's your stance on them?

Crocodile Bani said:
I am not even sure why this is even a topic.  Assyrians and Armenians have a common history, just like the ANZACs being from Australia and New Zealand (ironically from the same war).  They have suffered alongside us and we have suffered alongside them.  They, along with us, have been uprooted from our ancestral homelands.  We have way too much in common with them and shared so much history together.
Nobody said that we have nothing in common with them at all and that our shared histories don't matter. All I said was that Armenians don't care as much for us as we do for them. And there are Armenians with Assyrian ancestry who deny their Assyrian side and go with "Armenian".

Btw, Assyrians and Armenians are not even part of the same sub-race. We only cluster close with Armenians because the some of us have mixed with them. A pure-blooded Assyrian is generally more closer to an Iraqi Arab and Lebanese person than an Armenian (although they're still in our top 10).
 

Crocodile Bani

Active member
Armenians don't care for us as much as we care about them?  Has there been a study done on this?  Or are you going by your own experiences?  I ask from the point of view of always having been favoured by Armenians simply for being Assyrian.  Since you brought this topic up, which ethnicity/nationality cares for us the most?  In all honesty, I don't think we will have a better friend than Armenians.  Everyone else wants us dead.
 

Cascade

Active member
Crocodile Bani said:
Armenians don't care for us as much as we care about them?  Has there been a study done on this?  Or are you going by your own experiences?  I ask from the point of view of always having been favoured by Armenians simply for being Assyrian.  Since you brought this topic up, which ethnicity/nationality cares for us the most?  In all honesty, I don't think we will have a better friend than Armenians.  Everyone else wants us dead.
Has there been a study on how much Armenians care about us as much as we care about them? I don't think so. Or are you going by your own experiences? You see, it can go either way.
 

Joe25

New member
Another pro-israel thread fails.

Neon said:
Don't care for the country, be ambivalent, but don't take it personally as an Assyrian. And how could they take us in account when they are in an ongoing conflict? Not to mention, Israel houses Assyrian immigrants and they're treated as equal citizens.

Btw, Lebanon is more than 50% Christian, they're relatively developed and, above all, they're not part of a conflict (at least now). They can also aid us. What's your stance on them?
Nobody said that we have nothing in common with them at all and that our shared histories don't matter. All I said was that Armenians don't care as much for us as we do for them. And there are Armenians with Assyrian ancestry who deny their Assyrian side and go with "Armenian".

Btw, Assyrians and Armenians are not even part of the same sub-race. We only cluster close with Armenians because the some of us have mixed with them. A pure-blooded Assyrian is generally more closer to an Iraqi Arab and Lebanese person than an Armenian (although they're still in our top 10).

The irony here is astounding. ISRAEL is practically a superpower(check their funding from the USA alone) yet you try to make them seem as if they're vulnerable. Yet you're oblivious to the reality that Armenia is the real vulnerable nation who has ongoing conflicts with neighboring islamic countries, therefor they can't exactly afford to aid Assyrians in Iraq/Syria. Our connection with them lies within the orthodox church. Being whiny doesn't help anybody, Armenians don't owe us anything and we don't owe them anything. We could do more for eachother if it wasn't for geographical reasons. Armenia is too far away from Mesopotamia and there's the hostile Turk bordering between.
 

Cascade

Active member
Joe25 said:
Another pro-israel thread fails.

The irony here is astounding. ISRAEL is practically a superpower(check their funding from the USA alone) yet you try to make them seem as if they're vulnerable. Yet you're oblivious to the reality that Armenia is the real vulnerable nation who has ongoing conflicts with neighboring islamic countries, therefor they can't exactly afford to aid Assyrians in Iraq/Syria. Our connection with them lies within the orthodox church. Being whiny doesn't help anybody, Armenians don't owe us anything and we don't owe them anything. We could do more for eachother if it wasn't for geographical reasons. Armenia is too far away from Mesopotamia and there's the hostile Turk bordering between.
Since when does Armenia have ongoing conflicts with dozens of annual civilian deaths, etc? The last was a relatively brief skirmish with Azerbaijan. Israel, on the hand, is surrounded by enemies that usually try to attack it. There is no thread-fail. You are obviously biased. At least I view Armenia and Israel in a similar light. One is not any better (or worse) than the other. I am pro Israel and pro Armenia. Both countries have equal amount of positives and negatives. My point is, Assyrians should view these countries in a similar way, and not play favourites. Now they can naturally prefer Armenia for its orthodox adherence, but they shouldn't be so loathing towards Israel. Would that be so hard?

Okay, Armenians don't owe us anything, but why do you (or at least many other Assyrians) act like Israel owes us a lot?

P.S. You hate Islam with a passion, but do you know much you make Muslims smirk when you're vehemently against Israel? Not to mention, leftist liberals who parade with anti-Israel banners whilst holding LGBT flags with Linda Sarsour. Aren't you appeasing the people you stand against? Now you'll probably say it's all "indirect"? Just the same way Israel is an "indirect enemy", as you proclaimed. Which kinda proves the fact that anything "indirect" is baseless at best and shouldn't be taken as a reliable reason.
 

TerrenceMalick

New member
Crocodile Bani said:
I am not even sure why this is even a topic.  Assyrians and Armenians have a common history, just like the ANZACs being from Australia and New Zealand (ironically from the same war).  They have suffered alongside us and we have suffered alongside them.  They, along with us, have been uprooted from our ancestral homelands.  We have way too much in common with them and shared so much history together.

This. Also, Assyrian is a recognised language in Armenia. We also look alike.
 

Crocodile Bani

Active member
Neon said:
Israel, on the hand, is surrounded by enemies that usually try to attack it. There is no thread-fail. You are obviously biased.
:rofl2: :giggle: :ROFLMAO:

There is a stand up comedy festival this Saturday night in Darwin.  You should seriously perform.  Don't worry, I will be at work and won't be able to attend but you could become an overnight sensation.
 

Joe25

New member
^@ Crocodile Bani your inbox is full.

Neon said:
Since when does Armenia have ongoing conflicts with dozens of annual civilian deaths, etc? The last was a relatively brief skirmish with Azerbaijan. Israel, on the hand, is surrounded by enemies that usually try to attack it. There is no thread-fail. You are obviously biased. At least I view Armenia and Israel in a similar light. One is not any better (or worse) than the other. I am pro Israel and pro Armenia. Both countries have equal amount of positives and negatives. My point is, Assyrians should view these countries in a similar way, and not play favourites. Now they can naturally prefer Armenia for its orthodox adherence, but they shouldn't be so loathing towards Israel. Would that be so hard?

Okay, Armenians don't owe us anything, but why do you (or at least many other Assyrians) act like Israel owes us a lot?


P.S. You hate Islam with a passion, but do you know much you make Muslims smirk when you're vehemently against Israel? Not to mention, leftist liberals who parade with anti-Israel banners whilst holding LGBT flags with Linda Sarsour. Aren't you appeasing the people you stand against? Now you'll probably say it's all "indirect"? Just the same way Israel is an "indirect enemy", as you proclaimed. Which kinda proves the fact that anything "indirect" is baseless at best and shouldn't be taken as a reliable reason.

Read up on what's going on in Armenia and how well the country is standing on its feet then. I mean to suggest that Israel has it worse than them is idiotic. Israel is extremely powerful and practically controls the most powerful country in the world and gets annual billions, has one of the most powerful militaries in the world, has many nukes ready to use and is pretty much free of terrorism of Isis, AQ etc. even though that chaos is nearby them. They also have connections all over the world, there's jews in high functions in every western country who help them out and who are more loyal to Israel than the countries they reside in.

"surrounded by enemies trying to attack them" I hope you're talking about those Hamas rockets and not the islamic countries surrounding them, because they wouldn't dare to ever attack Israel. Compare that to Armenia's current financial state and proximity towards us and it's not comparable whatsoever. Your lack of knowledge on history and current affairs is always your downfall in these pro-israel threads.

You should take a hint in your own thread, nobody agrees with your misfounded delusion. Armenians are orthodox christian allies, many of them are scattered around the ME next to Assyrians. I've recently re-read books that talked about their many mutual battles with Agha Petros' army and it's safe to say that without the Armenians helping us and working together in the Ottoman empire, it's possible Assyrians would have been absorbed during the genocide.

But we still don't owe them anything and they don't owe us, they do help us out as all orthodox churches have to Syria/Iraq's churches. Armenia recognizes our seyfo and we have monuments in several cities there. Israel on the other hand is literally funding our demise instead. They give billions of sheckles to the Kurds who are ethnically cleansing us.

And to follow up on the seyfo I mentioned, Israel refuses to acknowledge it or the Armenians' and Greeks genocides for that matter. Funny how that works doesn't it, no group does more on genocide awareness in the world yet they won't acknowledge the genocide that inspired Hitler to do the same to them.
 

Joe25

New member
Neon said:
P.S. You hate Islam with a passion, but do you know much you make Muslims smirk when you're vehemently against Israel? Not to mention, leftist liberals who parade with anti-Israel banners whilst holding LGBT flags with Linda Sarsour. Aren't you appeasing the people you stand against? Now you'll probably say it's all "indirect"? Just the same way Israel is an "indirect enemy", as you proclaimed. Which kinda proves the fact that anything "indirect" is baseless at best and shouldn't be taken as a reliable reason.

And this is embarrassing. So we're supposed to be that black and white and group ourselves accordingly just because of what others do and think? Telling the truth about zionist jews shouldn't be done because it "makes muslims smirk" LOL? Yeah sure, lets kiss their asses just because their enemies are also the muslims. "Enemy of my enemy is my friend"? Not if the enemy of my enemy supported my people's exodus from 03 onwards and are funding an ethnic group who are ethnically cleansing us in our homelands. If Israel can stop that I will back off, and you are not going to tell anybody here to stop doing it. We all know the real reason you support them anyway.
 
Top