What would you do if you were in charge of rebuilding Haiti?

ASHOOR

Administrator
Staff member
Imagine that the UN has appointed you as the main person in charge of rebuilding Haiti.

You have a budget with some 2.5 billion Dollars, from all the donations that countries have made.

How would you rebuild it? remember, the country's infrastructure was in a very poor shape even before the quake hit.

Some 200,000 people may have died from this quake. How will you move the capital and country from such a tragedy to nation building? better yet, will you start from zero, pushing people out to tent cities, so you can virtually demolish anything that you can, and start from scratch?

This could be your chance to start new and make the city an entirely different place from what it has always been.

Let us see your urban planning smarts...

ASHOOR

I'd funnel that money and build up northern Iraq and bribe some kurds to get the F- off my land  :)

Ashoor, your fascination with Haiti is good and all, but I read somewhere that the earthquake was caused intentionally through military weapons because Haiti sits on a possible huge oil reserve.  Look into it my friend.

more earthquakes expected weapon or not. what kind of person would waste resources on such a bad investment, because we know all those medical, technological, militaristic, innovations happen in Haiti. it was the cradle of civilization right? no no your right ashor Haiti is a very important an asset to the world. 

Back