What is with Evin Agassi....?

ate lawit atoraya, ate chaldanie, so leave the party, my husband goes i thought there is no diffrence between chaldeans and assyrians, my husband got sooo pissed off so he left  since then he hates him...

if i was in ur husbands shoses i would have kicked the shit out of him akhhhh that really gets me mad because of ppl like him will never have a land to call are own. He's lame anyways :beee:

Yeah I know I told him u should have spit in his face, he goes I didn?t bother I just left? but yeah that was rude of him...

BrOwN eYeS said:
i know a lot of assyrians love him, but my husband hates him....to be honest with u, he was rude to my husband, my husband was talking and he spoke like zakho way thats how we speak it u know then Ewan goes to him, ate lawit atoraya, ate chaldanie, so leave the party, my husband goes i thought there is no diffrence between chaldeans and assyrians, my husband got sooo pissed off so he left :(  since then he hates him...

I'm shocked that Evin said that.  He should know better.  As to his songs, I actually do enjoy them, even though many are ripped off.  But then again, many of our singers have "borrowed" (to put it nicely) foreign music, so if I were to hold it against Evin, I'd have to hold it against a lot of others.

baklawa said:
I'm shocked that Evin said that.  He should know better.  As to his songs, I actually do enjoy them, even though many are ripped off.  But then again, many of our singers have "borrowed" (to put it nicely) foreign music, so if I were to hold it against Evin, I'd have to hold it against a lot of others.

Exactly. Evin has some great songs. Khazadeh is a prime example.

atourya said:
Exactly. Evin has some great songs. Khazadeh is a prime example.

Oh, I love that song!  And "Habbaniya" as well.  And I think his wedding song, "Mooraloon" is great too.

you have to be kidding to say that he copies songs

sure he copies some but the man is 70 and has his voice and still can sing, unlike sargon who is washed up and has nothing left but yet still tries to sing, and oh atourina i think you should re check sargon songs cause he has copied music and yes only Ashour is the only one that never copied anything.

I heard that Ashur is finishing up a new album, finally! Hopefully he can regain some of that fire that he used to have.

BrOwN eYeS said:
i know a lot of assyrians love him, but my husband hates him....to be honest with u, he was rude to my husband, my husband was talking and he spoke like zakho way thats how we speak it u know then Ewan goes to him, ate lawit atoraya, ate chaldanie, so leave the party, my husband goes i thought there is no diffrence between chaldeans and assyrians, my husband got sooo pissed off so he left :(  since then he hates him...

NOOOOO WAY!!!

3amaa! I would get soo mad too! What a looser!
aww are you guys zakhonayae? There's TONSSSS of zakhonayae in london! They overtake one mall here in london.. i call it the "zakhonaya mall"  :giggle:

my opinion on ewan... he's ok. But generally, he doesn't get me hyped up at parties.

Robin, I agree. Sargon is washed up. He proved that at the Halloween party... he was soo boring!

for the guy above me dont talk about my cuzn like that Sargon G didnt copy songs from anyone well  not that i've heard.

And that was rude of Evin to say that  i wouldnt have spit in his face i would have kicked him in between his legs  :imsorry: but ppl like that need to be put in to place.

BrOwN eYeS said:

I am sorry BrOwN eYeS  i can't believe  that evin said somthing like that  :ranting:.....maybe your husband did somthing bad to him first  :shades:

J.O said:
I am sorry BrOwN eYeS  i can't believe  that evin said somthing like that  :ranting:.....maybe your husband did somthing bad to him first  :shades:

Yep, I'm a little shocked at that too because he is a pretty classy guy.

EVERYONE copies music, or samples.  The international laws on copy-right infringement are almost non-existent.  Otherwise, all these artists would actually have to give credit to the original composer, and possibly pay royalties.  But that doesn't happen right now.  Those rules only apply to the rich and famous, which kind of makes sense.  If a small-time singer copies a song from another small-timer, then what's the harm?  Neither one is obviously popular enough to have an impact on the song (this might become a problem if Assyrian music was as popular as Arabic music). 

But if Jay-Z samples a song, then he better be ready to go to court for that (if he doesn't get permission to use it from the original singer).

R O B I N said:

sure he copies some but the man is 70 and has his voice and still can sing, unlike sargon who is washed up and has nothing left but yet still tries to sing, and oh atourina i think you should re check sargon songs cause he has copied music and yes only Ashour is the only one that never copied anything.

was that meant to say my name??  cuz my comment was:

atourina said:
oh.. because about 80% of todays artists havent ripped off other songs right???

meaning.. its not just Evan who does it... this thread is ridiculous anyways  :bangin:

Agreed. Evin is one of the legends in Assyrian music. So what if he bites music? does anyone really write their own songs anymore.. all these big shot stars have lyricists writing everything for them...You think our small-time singers won't do it? Some people just love to bring others down.

Also, it's not likely that he would make a rude remark like the one that was mentioned, out of nowhere knowing full well that it would be all over CNN.. unless there was a dispute of some sort.

also, my dad has know Evan for YEARS... they pretty much grew up together.. so whatever he does.. i support him  :)

Barwarneta said:
for the guy above me dont talk about my cuzn like that Sargon G didnt copy songs from anyone well  not that i've heard.

And that was rude of Evin to say that  i wouldnt have spit in his face i would have kicked him in between his legs  :imsorry: but ppl like that need to be put in to place.

:ROFLMAO:

your cuzin and oh i am sorry i had no idea i cant make a comment about him and for the record you should re check his music and see how many ibrahim tatlis songs he has copied. and oh yea this is a site and you cant police and say who to talk about and not talk about . get used to hearing SARGON SUKS

atourina i know you said that every1 copies music but then you mantioned that sargon does not copy music but he also does copy music

R O B I N said:

They All copy Sargon and Janan is the most, but mostly no thought Ewin would copy as he was Gooodie good, But he does 2  :lol:

Janan Sawa does not only copies Ibrahim Tatlises, Alisan but also a lot of Kurdish songs. I see that the Eastern Assyrian singers copy less than the Western Assyrian singers. My Uncle used the music of Ayne Komeh by Sargon and my mothers cousin wrote another lyric to the song :D. And youd be surprised how many of the West-Assyrian singers copy from Turkish, Arabic and Kurdish music. But I also heard that the Kurdish singers tole it from us :D.

I really don't care if an artist copies but if you copy it then do it good and not making it sound like a karaoke song.

GodismyJudge said:
I really don't care if an artist copies but if you copy it then do it good and not making it sound like a karaoke song.

Yes, absolutely!  I don't mind the excessive borrowing, but I wish our artists would really focus on traditional Assyrian music.  Sometimes I'm in the mood to hear just that.  If I want to hear Arabic, western, Chinese, etc., I know where to find that.  And when asked by a non-Assyrian to hear our music, I'd like to play something without them saying, "Oh yeah, that's Abdel Halim's song!"  :ban:

Back