• Our popular and beloved forums are finally back, after being down since April 2018 due to hosting and server issues. We have now switched to a better platform, while maintenaing all data as it was before (contents and user names) . Thank you for your patience and loyalty. If you have any questions, need to report an error, or are having trouble logging in, please email us at: assyrianvoice@rogers.com

What is with Evin Agassi....?

atourina

Active member
R O B I N said:
you have to be kidding to say that he copies songs

sure he copies some but the man is 70 and has his voice and still can sing, unlike sargon who is washed up and has nothing left but yet still tries to sing, and oh atourina i think you should re check sargon songs cause he has copied music and yes only Ashour is the only one that never copied anything.
was that meant to say my name??  cuz my comment was:

atourina said:
oh.. because about 80% of todays artists havent ripped off other songs right???
meaning.. its not just Evan who does it... this thread is ridiculous anyways  :bangin:
 

Chamcheeta

New member
Agreed. Evin is one of the legends in Assyrian music. So what if he bites music? does anyone really write their own songs anymore.. all these big shot stars have lyricists writing everything for them...You think our small-time singers won't do it? Some people just love to bring others down.

Also, it's not likely that he would make a rude remark like the one that was mentioned, out of nowhere knowing full well that it would be all over CNN.. unless there was a dispute of some sort.
 

atourina

Active member
also, my dad has know Evan for YEARS... they pretty much grew up together.. so whatever he does.. i support him  :)
 

R O B I N

Active member
Barwarneta said:
for the guy above me dont talk about my cuzn like that Sargon G didnt copy songs from anyone well  not that i've heard.

And that was rude of Evin to say that  i wouldnt have spit in his face i would have kicked him in between his legs  :imsorry: but ppl like that need to be put in to place.
:ROFLMAO:

your cuzin and oh i am sorry i had no idea i cant make a comment about him and for the record you should re check his music and see how many ibrahim tatlis songs he has copied. and oh yea this is a site and you cant police and say who to talk about and not talk about . get used to hearing SARGON SUKS

atourina i know you said that every1 copies music but then you mantioned that sargon does not copy music but he also does copy music

 

Anitaaaaaaaaaa

New member
R O B I N said:
you have to be kidding to say that he copies songs

sure he copies some but the man is 70 and has his voice and still can sing, unlike sargon who is washed up and has nothing left but yet still tries to sing, and oh atourina i think you should re check sargon songs cause he has copied music and yes only Ashour is the only one that never copied anything.
They All copy Sargon and Janan is the most, but mostly no thought Ewin would copy as he was Gooodie good, But he does 2  :lol:
 

GodismyJudge

Active member
Janan Sawa does not only copies Ibrahim Tatlises, Alisan but also a lot of Kurdish songs. I see that the Eastern Assyrian singers copy less than the Western Assyrian singers. My Uncle used the music of Ayne Komeh by Sargon and my mothers cousin wrote another lyric to the song :D. And youd be surprised how many of the West-Assyrian singers copy from Turkish, Arabic and Kurdish music. But I also heard that the Kurdish singers tole it from us :D.

I really don't care if an artist copies but if you copy it then do it good and not making it sound like a karaoke song.
 

baklawa

New member
GodismyJudge said:
I really don't care if an artist copies but if you copy it then do it good and not making it sound like a karaoke song.
Yes, absolutely!  I don't mind the excessive borrowing, but I wish our artists would really focus on traditional Assyrian music.  Sometimes I'm in the mood to hear just that.  If I want to hear Arabic, western, Chinese, etc., I know where to find that.  And when asked by a non-Assyrian to hear our music, I'd like to play something without them saying, "Oh yeah, that's Abdel Halim's song!"  :ban:
 

Hilwa

New member
Cant understand a word that comes outta Evin's mouth... he should retire already, let his son take over

:blink:
 

JooJee

New member
aww I love ewan!

Brown eyes I?m in disbelief that he'd say something like that, judging by his songs anyway he seems like such a good example of what other should look up to?obviously anyone in your husbands shoes would be offended too.
 

mishtutho

New member
Ashur ripped so many songs not only from Arabic,french greeks,but from his own Assyrian singers.
Ashur made a career for himself with BiBA's sings.

Songs:
Len Bikhshawa/Biba
Dimit ainati/Biba
marra zalim/biba
Sogolti Yimmi / malik mirza
Leh maseh ateh youma / Pesian song by Viguen
Hala leet /Italian song
tanili layly..From old Assyrian singer forgot his name
Rosh jwanqa...Same old rabi Jibrael babylla

So he is not a saint either




 

atourya

New member
mishtutho said:
Ashur ripped so many songs not only from Arabic,french greeks,but from his own Assyrian singers.
Ashur made a career for himself with BiBA's sings.

Songs:
Len Bikhshawa/Biba
Dimit ainati/Biba
marra zalim/biba
Sogolti Yimmi / malik mirza
Leh maseh ateh youma / Pesian song by Viguen
Hala leet /Italian song
tanili layly..From old Assyrian singer forgot his name
Rosh jwanqa...Same old rabi Jibrael babylla

So he is not a saint either
Influenced? yes. When I play the guitar and write music, you can hear my influences... But I am a big fan of neopolitan music, and I have Viguen's music from early in his career, and I have not recognized an Ashur song from it. If you hear Viguen, it's most likely Suren. Qma Quyra Pokha, sounds an awful lot like Faramarz Aslani's Age Ye Rooz... but they're still not the same either.

The truth is that Ashur is original. And he is not a saint, by any means... but he writes his own music and arranges the instruments himself. He is the closest we have to having a musical artist.
 

KhIgGaAaAaAa

New member
Qma Quyra Pokha, sounds an awful lot like Faramarz Aslani's Age Ye Rooz... but they're still not the same either.
funny you should say that cause the info on that song says that Ashur wrote the lyrics and Faramarz Aslani did the music lol so at least he gives credit to where he got it not like other biters. music is always oing to be passed around and changed but the biggest biter of all time is Walter Aziz...that guy rips off songs from other assyrians then promotes them as his own without any permission. 

 

mishtutho

New member
KhIgGaAaAaAa said:
funny you should say that cause the info on that song says that Ashur wrote the lyrics and Faramarz Aslani did the music lol so at least he gives credit to where he got it not like other biters. music is always oing to be passed around and changed but the biggest biter of all time is Walter Aziz...that guy rips off songs from other assyrians then promotes them as his own without any permission. 

NO its Ashur khon La Walter anyway I heard they are doing a song together duet loooooooooooooool
maybe its a stolen song from Afghanistan hahahahahhahhahah
 

AssyrianBookTa

New member
i just can't believe any of you attacking a singer that has made such great music. I remember growing up in iraq if we got caught listining to his music we got in trouble. he has sung some of the most beautiful patriotic music ever, you may not like his music but for you to bash him on re-singing someone else's song is pretty bad.
I'm not sure what he said to your husband browneyes but if thats something that really offended him that much he would have said something no i man i know would allot that if he felt offended.

and spitting in someones face..what nasty person could even think like that. what are we koumaya?
 

jonadona

New member
You guys are funny.  He doesn't care what you think of him.  Whether you like him or not, he is still one of the best Assyrian singers in our history.  I'll bet he's gonna go broke because you don't like him anymore...NOT! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
 

Anitaaaaaaaaaa

New member
jonadona said:
You guys are funny.  He doesn't care what you think of him.  Whether you like him or not, he is still one of the best Assyrian singers in our history.  I'll bet he's gonna go broke because you don't like him anymore...NOT! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

YEah he just called me now telling me why i said shame on him, he said it was kind rude and he start crying like baby, so i said its ok Evin its ok ur not ashem just dont cry :shades:
 
Top