What Assyrian church are you associated with?

Which Assyrian church is your family a member of?

• Assyrian Church of the East

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Ancient Church of the East

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Chaldean Catholic Church

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Assyrian Evangelical Church

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Assyrian Pentecostal Church

• Syrian Catholic Church/Syrian Orthodox Church

• Total voters

Cascade

I believe most Assyrians would be part of the Assyrian Church of the East. Some would be members of Ancient Church of the East and Chaldean Catholic Church.

I wonder if there are any Protestant/Evangelical or Pentecosts Assyrians in here (or at least those you know of)?

Wouldn't majority of Assyrians be part of the Chaldean church? They just don't seem like it because a number of them don't associate themselves with being Assyrian.

Bronit Omta said:
Wouldn't majority of Assyrians be part of the Chaldean church? They just don't seem like it because a number of them don't associate themselves with being Assyrian.
I guess that's true when it comes to every ethnic Assyrian. But I was merely speaking of "Assyrian-Assyrians" (or those who don't call themselves "Chaldeans"). They would generally tend to be majorly part of the Assyrian Church.

I actually have not met anyone from the Assyrian pentecostal or evangelical church. Wouldn't it have been a fairly new church say like started in the 1920s at earliest due to the American influence?

Bronit Omta said:
I actually have not met anyone from the Assyrian pentecostal or evangelical church. Wouldn't it have been a fairly new church say like started in the 1920s at earliest due to the American influence?
Perhaps.

You heard of Assyrian "Injeeliyen" people (Anglicans)? I think they would be considered part of the evangelical church. I have met so many of them. We have even gone to their church and sang their "tarneems". Some of our Assyrian family friends are part of that Anglican Assyrian/Arabic church. There were lots of them in Amman Jordan. There's a sizable community of them here in Sydney.

Neon said:
Perhaps.

You heard of Assyrian "Injeeliyen" people (Anglicans)? I think they would be considered part of the evangelical church. I have met so many of them. We have even gone to their church and sang their "tarneems". Some of our Assyrian family friends are part of that Anglican Assyrian/Arabic church. There were lots of them in Amman Jordan. There's a sizable community of them here in Sydney.

Where's the church in Sydney? Never heard of them..

Bronit Omta said:
Where's the church in Sydney? Never heard of them..
In Fairfield, there is a church in Nelson street (near Nelson Park) and one opposite of Forum in Station Street. Go on Google maps, if you want to see them.

The thing is though, they're not really "Assyrian churches" per se. These churches are shared with other ethnic groups...For instance, one week it's Assyrians, the next it's Samoans, etc.

Neon said:
In Fairfield, there is a church in Nelson street (near Nelson Park) and one opposite of Forum in Station Street. Go on Google maps, if you want to see them.

The thing is though, they're not really "Assyrian churches" per se. These churches are shared with other ethnic groups...For instance, one week it's Assyrians, the next it's Samoans, etc.

You should've included the Syriac churches into the poll btw (Syrian Catholic Church, Syrian Orthodox Church).

I've never understood those churches. I've seen some born again Christians that are Assyrian and idk but i've never fancied them or their sect.

Bronit Omta said:
You should've included the Syriac churches into the poll btw (Syrian Catholic Church, Syrian Orthodox Church).
Done.

I couldn't do more than 6 options though, so I had to include them as one.

I've never understood those churches. I've seen some born again Christians that are Assyrian and idk but i've never fancied them or their sect.
Each to their own, but I prefer to be in their company (if I had to choose between those in our church and those in theirs). I don't know but they seem livelier and jovial in general. I don't care about their beliefs though -- Just judging them as people.

You're not alone though -- My grandpa also never fancied their sect. Lol.

Back