USA vs. Italy

jonadona

I usually could care less if the US wins or loses, but I want them to destroy Italy. But their recent form has been really shaky.

One period is in the books:

USA is up 1-0, but they are down by 1 man. Not sure if that is glass half full or half empty? haha...

ASHOOR

I am following this on Twitter (yes, Twitter is being used to follow soccer games too these days, amazing la?) and most people are blasting Italy for a very poor and cheap performance.

Surprised anyone? ;)

ASHOOR

Italy 3 - USA 1

Italy found a way to get it done again, after the USA was down 1 man.

These US vs. Italy match-ups are always exciting and even bloody sometimes, too bad I missed this one.

Rossi from Italy is looking like a good player.

ASHOOR

Italy was terrible today. Italy was lucky not to lose. I don't know what Lippi is thinking putting in Gilardino, Gattuso, Cameronasi & Pirlo in the starting lineup. Amazes me why coaches full in love with players and always use the same group.

I am hating them for not using younger players and bringing in a different look.

I avoided this thread all day today so I could watch the midnight replay on CBC.

The sending off to Clark was crap, especially since elbows to the face weren't even red cards in this game.  There was never any way that the US was going to withstand that much game down a man.

Italy did not look like the better team today, them being up a man and having some great finishing by Rossi was what won them the game.  The US had two flubbed chances in the early part of the first half that better finishers would've done more with.

Oh well I never really had huge hopes for a win, but they sure did have a better showing than the final score would suggest.

jacob said:
I avoided this thread all day today so I could watch the midnight replay on CBC.

The sending off to Clark was crap, especially since elbows to the face weren't even red cards in this game.  There was never any way that the US was going to withstand that much game down a man.

Italy did not look like the better team today, them being up a man and having some great finishing by Rossi was what won them the game.  The US had two flubbed chances in the early part of the first half that better finishers would've done more with.

Oh well I never really had huge hopes for a win, but they sure did have a better showing than the final score would suggest.

Actually elbows to the face are a straight red, they have been for a while, look back to 2006 WC, the game between Italy & USA, look for the red card that Italy received, it was for an elbow to the face and that particular player missed 4 games from the WC for that, its teh same player who scored Italy's second goal today, Daniele De Rossi

Merengues said:
Actually elbows to the face are a straight red, they have been for a while, look back to 2006 WC, the game between Italy & USA, look for the red card that Italy received, it was for an elbow to the face and that particular player missed 4 games from the WC for that, its teh same player who scored Italy's second goal today, Daniele De Rossi

He said 'IN THAT GAME'!

jonadona said:
He said 'IN THAT GAME'!
NO, he actually said "In THIS game", and what does it matter what game it is? it is the same sport, same rules apply...i didnt expect you to know that so its all good

Yeah I meant that "in this game" the way the referee was dishing out fouls.  The tackle by Clark, to me, was a yellow at best, and the elbow on Donovan should've been a straight red.  But if a ref is going to let players get away with stuff, then don't call the cheap stuff and let the real fouls go.

Merengues said:
NO, he actually said "In THIS game", and what does it matter what game it is? it is the same sport, same rules apply...i didnt expect you to know that so its all good

I'm sorry, I used correct grammar. 

You're a fool!

Back