• Our popular and beloved forums are finally back, after being down since April 2018 due to hosting and server issues. We have now switched to a better platform, while maintenaing all data as it was before (contents and user names) . Thank you for your patience and loyalty. If you have any questions, need to report an error, or are having trouble logging in, please email us at: assyrianvoice@rogers.com

This picture has caused quite the outrage for Assyrians online

I came across this a few days ago online and some people are losing their minds over it. I don’t know what the context is or been able to watch the video, other than what appears to be a mentally challenged young boy that the Assyrian patriarch Mar Awa is praying for to heal.

Obviously, the outrage and condemnation is over the fact that he was chained like a slave and thrown over the floor like an animal (I am paraphrasing what people are saying online).

I would like to mention that most of those who expressed this outrage - right or not- are Assyrian nationalist who haven’t stepped foot in a church in ages.

Let us discuss this in a respectful manner and not disrespect any religious authority please. I am just interested to hear your view on this, without knowing the full context here.

Thank you all and God bless
9682AF81-003F-4222-A5C7-9BA6B8E37054.jpeg

Crocodile Bani

The photo on its own is not enough to spark outrage, unless you are a left wing woke nutjob. A photo is not enough to give a context. Until one knows what is happening there, nobody is in a position to pass judgement.