This is what I thought of Zoom before and look at them now!

ASHOOR

Administrator
Staff member
By now, we have all heard of Zoom, the could-based teleconferencing app. Basically, the word ‘zoom’ has become synonymous in just a few months with telework, remote work and all the other new realities of working from home as a result of the Covid19 pandemic.

But I had heard of Zoom at least 4-5 years before its meteoric rise during the pandemic. I remember their tag line: Zoom: meet happy. Or the other one: ‘it just works!’
And I would always think: are these guys serious? With Skype, WebEx, Microsoft Teams, and various other conference and telecommunication apps, who would use this product (Zoom)? I would literally say this to myself every time I heard or saw their commercial.

Well, look at them now! It is like people are skipping over the traditional famous apps and going straight to Zoom. It has become a lexicon of the pandemic era. A verb. Let us Zoom, aka let us teleconference.
And their stock? It started the year at $67 and by late October $588! It has since come down to $406 but it is still up 500% for the year! So if you had just 100 of their shares, you are now sitting on $34,000!
And last but not least? I am yet to ever use Zoom! Yes, this despite using teleconference apps at work on a daily basis: mainly WebEx and MS Teams!

Last edited:
Back