This Girl on Text Chat wasn't Interested in Educated Guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
etar moot srakha breeshan? no one said to hide ur education.? just like u, she didnt want to hide her lack of education, and/or lack of interest in it.? she doesnt value it big deal? u dont need to prove urself to anyone...people who work hard for an education should be doing it for themselves...not for others to look up to them.? maybe u should look at ur reasons? :bangin:
again...education doesnt make u or break u.? i think ur just upset she wasnt impressed? :angel2:
ASHOOR said:
slit, just like many before you, you misunderstood me too. It was a normal conversation, and what else is there to talk about when you just got to know the person? you start with location, age, etc....then you start with education. And I am not going to hide my education because the person on the other side is not interested in it. Hell with them, I am interested in it.

Again: it is one thing to be educated and quiet another to hate education. This girl hated education out right!

ASHOOR

ASHOOR said:
I was on the text chat yesterday, for the first time in many weeks (under my name, not an admin)
I started talking to a girl, and the conversationg was going great.

Then I opened the subject of education, which I always do. I just like to talk about it.
I preceded to tell her about my education background and degree. Sadly enough, she seemed not
very interested in this aspect of the conversation. She told me, and I quote:

"I don't care about a guy's education...degree, doctor, masters, doesn't bother me. Even if a guy
has no high school education, it doesn't bother me. In fact, I would rather a guy with no
education..."

It was kinda weired really. I mean it is her choice not to care about a guy's education, but to actually say it in such a way, is just a big turn-off. You work so hard on your education, and then meet a person like this who doesn't appreciate it, is really not encouraging. Of course, I didn't study to impress this girl or anyone else. But education is something that people should look to, and be interested in.

I had to end the conversation right there, not because of her interest in school alone, but the way in which she went about saying it. I didn't even ask her about her own education.

I howver, did invite her to the forums, so if she is registered by now, feel free to defend yourself ;)

ASHOOR

Shes lost and she comes from a household that doesnt value education which is sad.

JujU said:
Marboush said:
My husband has his degree from western university but his career doesnt have any link to his education.  He works for TTC as a streetcar driver making a lot more than he did with the use of his degree...

Its good to have that degree to fall back on but its not a prerequisite in finding someone to love and cherish for the rest of your life.  Understanding and Communication are important... :beee:

TTC drivers make a lot.  I saw an ad in the employment section and it's a reasonable pay for a beginner, an hour it's $19.23 but I had a customer who drives the bus and I was curious to know if he enjoyed his job; although he said he only liked it for the pay, he also mention that he gets paid more because of some union thing that happened. 

ultoMa said:
sydneydude said:
to be honest i dont want an educated girl either...

damn straight....they're easier to manipulate that way.

can't go wrong with a dumbass...

LMAO.... :yourock:

I think some guys are intimidated by an intelligent girl.  Unfortunately, I have met a few  :baby:

Juju took the words right out of my mouth, so true :(

An educated girl is a beautiful thing and if guys don't like it, oh well, that is just their opinion.

ASHOOR

ASHOOR said:
I was on the text chat yesterday, for the first time in many weeks (under my name, not an admin)
I started talking to a girl, and the conversationg was going great.

Then I opened the subject of education, which I always do. I just like to talk about it.
I preceded to tell her about my education background and degree. Sadly enough, she seemed not
very interested in this aspect of the conversation. She told me, and I quote:

"I don't care about a guy's education...degree, doctor, masters, doesn't bother me. Even if a guy
has no high school education, it doesn't bother me. In fact, I would rather a guy with no
education..."

It was kinda weired really. I mean it is her choice not to care about a guy's education, but to actually say it in such a way, is just a big turn-off. You work so hard on your education, and then meet a person like this who doesn't appreciate it, is really not encouraging. Of course, I didn't study to impress this girl or anyone else. But education is something that people should look to, and be interested in.

I had to end the conversation right there, not because of her interest in school alone, but the way in which she went about saying it. I didn't even ask her about her own education.

I howver, did invite her to the forums, so if she is registered by now, feel free to defend yourself ;)

ASHOOR

hey don't make fun of me, because as you can see from the above post, i got the word right. but not sure why i screwed it up later ;) LOL

I find that having a woman who is much more intelligent than I makes for an even better relationship.  True what they say, behind every great man is a great woman.  Education comes in many forms and it starts with upbringing.  I feel that every person should have a proper upbringing and be educated on the common things in life, without those, you're dead in the water.  A school education is a must as well, but intelligence far exceeds the degree you have. 

holy shit dudes, to each his own...who gives a shit if someone doesn't value education or gladly degrades it, they are entitled to their own opinions...

we know nothing about this girl...her background, her upbringing, etc....all we have is this "chat" that ashoor had with her, which means we have no right to judge her beliefs...

if she doesn't think education is important, so what?

Senalko said:
Education is not Academic but rathar a process that starts from your own home, and u Build on it from your childhood until u become a Grown up Adult...

There is nothing worse in the world than an unedcuated person, guys or girls... How unattractive it is to be with someone who doesnt know whats going on around them, or someone who gives little Value to hard work, manners, decency, honesty, trust and most of all LOVE..

All these come from Education...thieves dont choose to become Thieves....their lack of education wether its at home or school is what drives them to do bad things!!!!

education and common sense are 2 different things. Education is academic. When people ask you about your education do you answer with "i had good parenting"?

education is a plus, but I personally don't care if a guy has his PHD/MA/BA or not......because I've seen plenty who had a degree and they are not as smart as they make themselves to be???

having a degree just means you are really specialized in one area....it doesn't make you  superior or above anyone else who doesn?t have a degree

ultoMa said:
holy **** dudes, to each his own...who gives a **** if someone doesn't value education or gladly degrades it, they are entitled to their own opinions...

we know nothing about this girl...her background, her upbringing, etc....all we have is this "chat" that ashoor had with her, which means we have no right to judge her beliefs...

if she doesn't think education is important, so what?

True, but I think most who didn't judge this poor girl have given their opinion on the matter of what she said, not her character in general. 

im not educated  :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel:

i have my high school diploma.. but thats about it  :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

eh.. its not like i remember anything i learnt over those boring school years anyways  :bangin:

i dont even need an education.. i have 2 jobs.. thats good enough for me

Angel2 said:
education is a plus, but I personally don't care if a guy has his PHD/MA/BA or not......because I've seen plenty who had a degree and they are not as smart as they make themselves to be???

having a degree just means you are really specialized in one area....it doesn't make you  superior or above anyone else who doesn?t have a degree

True.  I value a person for who they are as a person, rather than what they are as a product of educational institutions.  Its a neutral thing for me really - if it makes them happy to go to university and learn then great, good for them.  If not, thats great too.  So long as they are happy with what they choose to do in life.

There is a difference between having pride in your education accomplishments and relying on them to make up for a lack of self-esteem/confidence... something that seems suprisingly common...

Heres a question for you people...  What do you value most in your prospective partner?  Their ability to bring success in monetary terms?  Or their abilities to be a good parent, a good wife or husband, who genuinely loves you and supports you in all that you do?  Regardless of what that may be? 

What else?  :)

Some of you finally get the point finally, and what I truly meant. One thing however, which you guys are not getting across is whether it is Ok for someone to hate education, and think those who are studying are wasting their time?  I mean, it is ok if that person doesn't want to study, because they can still grow up to be great people, and quiet successful.  But are they right in putting down educated people or academic education as a concept? if you have been to school, or currently attend school, do you think your school is a waste of time? if it is, and you agree with the girl, then why are you wasting your time?  this is my point, I hope it is finally clear now :)

ASHOOR said:
Some of you finally get the point finally, and what I truly meant. One thing however, which you guys are not getting across is whether it is Ok for someone to hate education, and think those who are studying are wasting their time?? I mean, it is ok if that person doesn't want to study, because they can still grow up to be great people, and quiet successful.? But are they right in putting down educated people or academic education as a concept? if you have been to school, or currently attend school, do you think your school is a waste of time? if it is, and you agree with the girl, then why are you wasting your time?? this is my point, I hope it is finally clear now :)

ASHOOR you're preaching to the choir unfortunatly, this generation doesnt value sh*t nowadays. 40 years ago this post would have been valuable.

Yes BlueIce, it is not what I was thinking, although some gave some good replies, even if they were defending what the girl said about education and the educated.

I remember just a few months ago, and a few years ago, same posts about education and lack their of amongst our Assyrian teens, produced some very opposite replies from what we are reading now. Some people complained about 'why Assyrians are not educated or persuing a higher education...'

All of a sudden, education is now optional and not very important. Imagine what the kids or teens reading this post will think, or what 'good' example we are giving them. I opened a can of worms by opening this thread after all ;)

ASHOOR

ASHOOR said:
Yes BlueIce, it is not what I was thinking, although some gave some good replies, even if they were defending what the girl said about education and the educated.

I remember just a few months ago, and a few years ago, same posts about education and lack their of amongst our Assyrian teens, produced some very opposite replies from what we are reading now. Some people complained about 'why Assyrians are not educated or persuing a higher education...'

All of a sudden, education is now optional and not very important. Imagine what the kids or teens reading this post will think, or what 'good' example we are giving them. I opened a can of worms by opening this thread after all ;)

ASHOOR

Oh our kids and kids kids are not even gonna finish high school. They'll drop out at 4th grade the way we're going.

Serenity  :yourock: for valuing your education and others'.

By the way, if someone goes and brags about their education, I don't think that is something nice. Not typical of someone educated at all actually. Like some mentioned, we have some very educated people who don't know much about life, nor do they know how to apply their education in the real world.

BlueIce and Serenity: setting an example to the younger generation is very imoprtant, and this is where educated people shouldn't hide their education, and tell others about it.

ASHOOR

ASHOOR said:
Some of you finally get the point finally, and what I truly meant. One thing however, which you guys are not getting across is whether it is Ok for someone to hate education, and think those who are studying are wasting their time?? I mean, it is ok if that person doesn't want to study, because they can still grow up to be great people, and quiet successful.? But are they right in putting down educated people or academic education as a concept? if you have been to school, or currently attend school, do you think your school is a waste of time? if it is, and you agree with the girl, then why are you wasting your time?? this is my point, I hope it is finally clear now :)

there are a few  classes I've taken at my university in which I thought was a waste of time and money......kheena you don't have a choice.......

I value education for me and my future kids, but education is sometimes not for everyone and that's ok.......and it is not because they don't have the capacity to learn, they just might not be interested enough in the fields offered

Indeed some Assyrians guys don't like educated girls. It could be indeed intimidating. Somehow I don't understand why? Afraid your wife has a better job than you or  is smarter than you? Well I would be proud if my wife/girl etc has a high education or a better job.

But a lot of Assyriang girls don't care about that. I see that a lot here in the Netherlands. All the high educated guys with good jobs stay and the other guys with no education all got married etc.  Sames goes for high educated Assyrian girls. Very frustrating for them.

Is education such a turn off then? To me it isn't. But Ashoor why even go to textchat when you know there are these kind of ppl.
There was this girl who wanted to have cybersex with me on AVN text chat. How low can you go :p.

There was this girl who wanted to have cybersex with me on AVN text chat. How low can you go :p.

wow  :blink:

i use to go on text chat until I realized who the hell goes on there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back