This Girl on Text Chat wasn't Interested in Educated Guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASHOOR

Administrator
Staff member
I was on the text chat yesterday, for the first time in many weeks (under my name, not an admin)
I started talking to a girl, and the conversationg was going great.

Then I opened the subject of education, which I always do. I just like to talk about it.
I preceded to tell her about my education background and degree. Sadly enough, she seemed not
very interested in this aspect of the conversation. She told me, and I quote:

"I don't care about a guy's education...degree, doctor, masters, doesn't bother me. Even if a guy
has no high school education, it doesn't bother me. In fact, I would rather a guy with no
education..."

It was kinda weired really. I mean it is her choice not to care about a guy's education, but to actually say it in such a way, is just a big turn-off. You work so hard on your education, and then meet a person like this who doesn't appreciate it, is really not encouraging. Of course, I didn't study to impress this girl or anyone else. But education is something that people should look to, and be interested in.

I had to end the conversation right there, not because of her interest in school alone, but the way in which she went about saying it. I didn't even ask her about her own education.

I howver, did invite her to the forums, so if she is registered by now, feel free to defend yourself ;)

ASHOOR

Senalco lol:

she doesn't know what I look like.

Based on what she told me, she is just a few months younger than me (without giving her exact age)

I really hope she has education herself, at least to make up for her own admission that she doesn't care about education.

Oh well, like I said it is her choise, but not a very wise choise.

ASHOOR

Oh lordie that?s no good, you might have interpreted it wrong though...we shall soon find out

Oh no JoeJoe it was clear as the sun LOL. I may not care if the girl is not educated (because it is not a major requirement of being a good girl with a good personality) I do, however, care about her not showing interest in education or lack their of, at all.

the new member might be her ? :giggle:

i dont think you'll come anywhere in life with no education

or atleast if you have the education that ure interested ?in you'll like the job ?and be happy in life ?

As long as she joins the forums, and maybe get more of her family and friends to join too, I will forgive her  :giggle:

ASHOOR

Bala 7irran minokhon!

If we say we only like educated guys with degrees, we get slammed for being gold diggers o leh yatan mo

If we say education it doesnt matter, then we still cant win...

Ashoor talking on text chat is very hard because you cannot see the expression and the tone of the person so its very easy to misunderstand something. Maybe she didnt express herself very well....dont be so quick to judge.

peaches said:
Bala 7irran minokhon!

If we say we only like educated guys with degrees, we get slammed for being gold diggers o leh yatan mo

Ashoor talking on text chat is very hard because you cannot see the expression and the tone of the person so its very easy to misunderstand something. Maybe she didnt express herself very well....dont be so quick to judge.

your face is quick to judge..... :bigarmhug:

me lyke stoopid bois.

formal education and intelligence are different things.? i know many guys in university who i would not hesitate to describe as complete morons.

I would not date a guy without an education .... I have mine and I expect my bf or husband to have the same

I'm surprised that Ashoor is surprised by this.  Is this your first visit to text chat ?  :welcome3:

I can't say much about this without generalizing, lets just say that errr 'text chat' girls usually like bad boys with good looks.  If you pretend to talk like you just came straight out the hood, you're in, lol. 

Ashoor, replace 'text chat' with 'assyrian'. 

You know what I am disappinted in: those who replied and thought 'maybe you misundrstood her..'

Guys, I was talking to her, not you! She showed no interest in an education, whatsoever. One other thing she said, which I forgot to add was: ?'I can't beleive some Assyrian guys and girls go to college and univesity, and pay thousands of dollars just to get a higher education....what for..." ? Now tell me that is not bad enough?

Peach, maybe other guys have said but never with me. ?I have never ever said anything about not liking girls with education, because I really do. Girls with education have worked hard on it, so you have to appreciate it, even if the other person talking to them doesn't have an education.

It is one thing to not be educated, which is perfectly fine sometimes, but quiet another to hate anything about education and educated guys.

Had, you have a point there khon, but they don't even know how the other person looks like, so they shouldn't base everything on looks. ?

Still waiting for her to join though ;)

ASHOOR

LOL sydney and ultoma

no no not for me. I want an educated one, if possible. That is just my preference. And as kevin mentioned, not just educated but intelligent too.

ASHOOR

shoemaker said:
peaches said:
Bala 7irran minokhon!

your face is quick to judge..... :bigarmhug:

I know  :bigarmhug:

:blink: why dont i see kevins post? lol

honestly education isnt a big deal to me either, its nice to have yes, but like vanity said a lot of idiots are educated. yes its always a bonus but eh, it doesnt make or break anyone.? ive met a lot of khmareh at school....ive met a lot of khmareh here and in chat that have degrees or are in the process of getting one.? ?

ashoor when u told the girl about ur education...were u expecting oowws and ahhhhs? keep ur expectations low mister, that way ur not disappointed as often...and everything comes out lovely in the end? :bigarmhug:

ASHOOR said:
LOL sydney and ultoma

no no not for me. I want an educated one, if possible. That is just my preference. And as kevin mentioned, not just educated but intelligent too.

ASHOOR

slit, just like many before you, you misunderstood me too. It was a normal conversation, and what else is there to talk about when you just got to know the person? you start with location, age, etc....then you start with education. And I am not going to hide my education because the person on the other side is not interested in it. Hell with them, I am interested in it.

Again: it is one thing to be educated and quiet another to hate education. This girl hated education out right!

ASHOOR

Actually what a GREAT topic, in the area of being educated or not, I think I'll go post my random question of the day haha

It is an insult to all the Assyrian girls from this forum and elsewhere, when you hear someone like this putting their education down. Imagine a girl out there, working hard on her higher education, and then meet a person like this who doesn't recognize the value of education. Of course, no one is studying to please her, but it is not good to put educated people down, just like it is not good to put uneducated people down.

ASHOOR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back