• Our popular and beloved forums are finally back, after being down since April 2018 due to hosting and server issues. We have now switched to a better platform, while maintenaing all data as it was before (contents and user names) . Thank you for your patience and loyalty. If you have any questions, need to report an error, or are having trouble logging in, please email us at: assyrianvoice@rogers.com

This Girl on Text Chat wasn't Interested in Educated Guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

atourina

eh.. its not like i remember anything i learnt over those boring school years anyways  :bangin:

i dont even need an education.. i have 2 jobs.. thats good enough for me

S_L

Angel2 said:
education is a plus, but I personally don't care if a guy has his PHD/MA/BA or not......because I've seen plenty who had a degree and they are not as smart as they make themselves to be???

having a degree just means you are really specialized in one area....it doesn't make you  superior or above anyone else who doesn?t have a degree
True.  I value a person for who they are as a person, rather than what they are as a product of educational institutions.  Its a neutral thing for me really - if it makes them happy to go to university and learn then great, good for them.  If not, thats great too.  So long as they are happy with what they choose to do in life.

There is a difference between having pride in your education accomplishments and relying on them to make up for a lack of self-esteem/confidence... something that seems suprisingly common...

Heres a question for you people...  What do you value most in your prospective partner?  Their ability to bring success in monetary terms?  Or their abilities to be a good parent, a good wife or husband, who genuinely loves you and supports you in all that you do?  Regardless of what that may be? 

What else?  :)

ASHOOR

Administrator
Staff member
Some of you finally get the point finally, and what I truly meant. One thing however, which you guys are not getting across is whether it is Ok for someone to hate education, and think those who are studying are wasting their time?  I mean, it is ok if that person doesn't want to study, because they can still grow up to be great people, and quiet successful.  But are they right in putting down educated people or academic education as a concept? if you have been to school, or currently attend school, do you think your school is a waste of time? if it is, and you agree with the girl, then why are you wasting your time?  this is my point, I hope it is finally clear now :)

BLUEICE

ASHOOR said:
Some of you finally get the point finally, and what I truly meant. One thing however, which you guys are not getting across is whether it is Ok for someone to hate education, and think those who are studying are wasting their time?? I mean, it is ok if that person doesn't want to study, because they can still grow up to be great people, and quiet successful.? But are they right in putting down educated people or academic education as a concept? if you have been to school, or currently attend school, do you think your school is a waste of time? if it is, and you agree with the girl, then why are you wasting your time?? this is my point, I hope it is finally clear now :)
ASHOOR you're preaching to the choir unfortunatly, this generation doesnt value sh*t nowadays. 40 years ago this post would have been valuable.

ASHOOR

Administrator
Staff member
Yes BlueIce, it is not what I was thinking, although some gave some good replies, even if they were defending what the girl said about education and the educated.

I remember just a few months ago, and a few years ago, same posts about education and lack their of amongst our Assyrian teens, produced some very opposite replies from what we are reading now. Some people complained about 'why Assyrians are not educated or persuing a higher education...'

All of a sudden, education is now optional and not very important. Imagine what the kids or teens reading this post will think, or what 'good' example we are giving them. I opened a can of worms by opening this thread after all ;)

ASHOOR

BLUEICE

ASHOOR said:
Yes BlueIce, it is not what I was thinking, although some gave some good replies, even if they were defending what the girl said about education and the educated.

I remember just a few months ago, and a few years ago, same posts about education and lack their of amongst our Assyrian teens, produced some very opposite replies from what we are reading now. Some people complained about 'why Assyrians are not educated or persuing a higher education...'

All of a sudden, education is now optional and not very important. Imagine what the kids or teens reading this post will think, or what 'good' example we are giving them. I opened a can of worms by opening this thread after all ;)

ASHOOR
Oh our kids and kids kids are not even gonna finish high school. They'll drop out at 4th grade the way we're going.

ASHOOR

Administrator
Staff member
Serenity  :yourock: for valuing your education and others'.

By the way, if someone goes and brags about their education, I don't think that is something nice. Not typical of someone educated at all actually. Like some mentioned, we have some very educated people who don't know much about life, nor do they know how to apply their education in the real world.

BlueIce and Serenity: setting an example to the younger generation is very imoprtant, and this is where educated people shouldn't hide their education, and tell others about it.

ASHOOR

Angel2

ASHOOR said:
Some of you finally get the point finally, and what I truly meant. One thing however, which you guys are not getting across is whether it is Ok for someone to hate education, and think those who are studying are wasting their time?? I mean, it is ok if that person doesn't want to study, because they can still grow up to be great people, and quiet successful.? But are they right in putting down educated people or academic education as a concept? if you have been to school, or currently attend school, do you think your school is a waste of time? if it is, and you agree with the girl, then why are you wasting your time?? this is my point, I hope it is finally clear now :)
there are a few  classes I've taken at my university in which I thought was a waste of time and money......kheena you don't have a choice.......

I value education for me and my future kids, but education is sometimes not for everyone and that's ok.......and it is not because they don't have the capacity to learn, they just might not be interested enough in the fields offered

GodismyJudge

Indeed some Assyrians guys don't like educated girls. It could be indeed intimidating. Somehow I don't understand why? Afraid your wife has a better job than you or  is smarter than you? Well I would be proud if my wife/girl etc has a high education or a better job.

But a lot of Assyriang girls don't care about that. I see that a lot here in the Netherlands. All the high educated guys with good jobs stay and the other guys with no education all got married etc.  Sames goes for high educated Assyrian girls. Very frustrating for them.

Is education such a turn off then? To me it isn't. But Ashoor why even go to textchat when you know there are these kind of ppl.
There was this girl who wanted to have cybersex with me on AVN text chat. How low can you go :p.

Angel2

There was this girl who wanted to have cybersex with me on AVN text chat. How low can you go :p.
wow  :blink:

i use to go on text chat until I realized who the hell goes on there

RadRides

S_L said:
Angel2 said:
education is a plus, but I personally don't care if a guy has his PHD/MA/BA or not......because I've seen plenty who had a degree and they are not as smart as they make themselves to be???

having a degree just means you are really specialized in one area....it doesn't make you  superior or above anyone else who doesn?t have a degree
True.  I value a person for who they are as a person, rather than what they are as a product of educational institutions.  Its a neutral thing for me really - if it makes them happy to go to university and learn then great, good for them.  If not, thats great too.  So long as they are happy with what they choose to do in life.

There is a difference between having pride in your education accomplishments and relying on them to make up for a lack of self-esteem/confidence... something that seems suprisingly common...

Heres a question for you people...  What do you value most in your prospective partner?  Their ability to bring success in monetary terms?  Or their abilities to be a good parent, a good wife or husband, who genuinely loves you and supports you in all that you do?  Regardless of what that may be? 

What else?  :)
I value a person who will support my home and family.  I also know that this person will bring success on a grand scale in terms of monetary wealth and in all aspects of every day life.  It is not about the money, because I know from the get-go that this person is special and she is capable of many things.  If you believe that, there is nothing to fear. 

baklawa

Ashoor you have the right idea -- it's not that an educated person is any better or worse than one who's not.  My father was not formally educated, but he is quite intelligent and very sharp.  There are a multitude of reasons why people can't or don't pursue their education.  But simply wanting to learn is a valuable characteristic and should be appreciated.

Angel2

baklawa said:
Ashoor you have the right idea -- it's not that an educated person is any better or worse than one who's not.? My father was not formally educated, but he is quite intelligent and very sharp.? There are a multitude of reasons why people can't or don't pursue their education.? But simply wanting to learn is a valuable characteristic and should be appreciated.
my dad doesn't have his high school degree, but he's really smart......smarter than my mom and she is a college graduate

Salem

Ashoor yani sometimes you just give silly things too much weight nasha.

For starters, she could've been a bloke trying to be funny, she could've been trying to go against the norm and sound "different", even if she was genuine, it doesn't mean anything, there are dumb people everywhere, we're no exception, if anything, our average is a bit higher than the overall average.

We'll find you someone who wants someone with a degree and a website as well, makh d'bayyeh libbokh.

Salem

Serenity said:
pesha dalala haa?
khze can i also give you a discription? lol  :wavetowel:

Anyway i think she was playing him too  :mrgreen:
I do it part-time, good money.  :shades:

Send me the specs you want in your partner, come over in 1 month and your order will be ready, but you need to inspect before delivery.

S

Sheik Abdul Bin Fallafel

ashoor --- now that u got your degree and new job it's time to look for a wife, huh?  :ROFLMAO:

personally i don't care if smoene has a degree or not either to be honest.... to me it's more important to find out if she is motivated to succeed in life or if she's just lazy and takes life as it comes with no plan and no ambitions... i can't be with someone like that (the latter one).

Status
Not open for further replies.