• Our popular and beloved forums are finally back, after being down since April 2018 due to hosting and server issues. We have now switched to a better platform, while maintenaing all data as it was before (contents and user names) . Thank you for your patience and loyalty. If you have any questions, need to report an error, or are having trouble logging in, please email us at: assyrianvoice@rogers.com

The Revolutionaries of Bethnahrin

Shahin

If you guys want to know more about the Dawronoye movement among our people (especially Suryoye), here is an excellent article dealing with that. It also gives information about our current situation in Syria, the alliances made with the Kurds, the Autonomous Rojava (two years ago Djazirah) - Gozarto, the MFS etc.
Good reading.
------------------------------
The Revolutionaries of Bethnahrin

In northeastern Syria, ?Christian militias? (as they are often termed) are now battling the Islamic State alongside Kurdish forces. However, these groups did not simply emerge spontaneously as a response to a security threat: they are the latest incarnations of the Dawronoye movement, which first appeared on the European and Middle Eastern political scenes twenty years ago. While they are indeed Christian, their fight is not primarily for their faith, but for their nation ? which is neither Syria nor Kurdistan. In their native tongue?a contemporary descendant of the Aramaic language spoken by Jesus?they call their people Suryoye (Syriacs) and their homeland Bethnahrin (Mesopotamia)....

Very interesting, I did not know the history of Dowronoye. I thought they sprung out of nowhere during the Syrian crisis.

Thanks for sharing.

ASHOOR

Administrator
Staff member
Assyrian_Man said:
Very interesting, I did not know the history of Dowronoye. I thought they sprung out of nowhere during the Syrian crisis.

Thanks for sharing.
Exactly my thoughts: thanks for sharing, I had no idea they had a background which is now coming in handy....

ASHOOR

ASHOOR

Administrator
Staff member
You can argue that if Zowaa's old fighters from the 80s were still young, they would come in handy now to defend our villages and towns and we wouldn't be scrambling to create a new army from scratch.

ASHOOR

ASHOOR

Administrator
Staff member
mrzurnaci said:
we're slowing building up and it's looking good.
I agree, we have built something from the ground very fast and hope we only have to put it to use in cases of defending our recaptured towns and villages in the Nineveh Plain.

ASHOOR

Shahin

It's the first time that I came across such a detailed article dealing with Dawronoye.
This article came right just a few days after MFS and YPG liberated Khabour villages.
Today Dawronoye are present in Turkey, Syria (MFS, SUP,Sutoro), Iraq(NPF), Lebanon (SUP also) and of course Europe(ESU) and USA.

kulan-suryoye

esz said:
All of this Links and sites belongs to the Assyrian Federation of Sweden which are against the Dawronoye, they are not neutral.

Shahin

esz said:
Why should I trust anything that the Dawronoye (MUB / GBH) say or do given their history?
You maybe right, but the Dawronoye never hide themselves and always admited that they need the Kurds and work with the Kurds.
They repeated it on SuroyoTV, they don't even hide their goal: Secure our rights( save our Language, religion, to have an army) as a people in the middle-east, it maybe far from aiming for a state, but they never hide it.
They are the major force in Syria among our people. They are the one fighting and showing what they're doing.

I don't know if all they say is true, but judging from what they do currently in Syria, it's something that other movements/organisation of our people should support or at least work with them.
I mean, besides Assyrian nationalists and Daworonoye, no one takes up arms to defend our people.
Plus Dawronoye regroup all groups of our people: East and West sureyt speakers. Many of them are fluent in the 2 dialects.

Arameans have nothing, Kaldeans have weird militias in Iraq and seems heavily arabized.

However on thing that is bothering me is all the money they get, when ISIS attacked Khabour villages, during 2 weeks or even more, they called for support and donations, our people in Europe give them something hitting 500 000? or more... But they don't show it, maybe a part went to the Slibo Suryoyo and an other to the MFS, SuroyoTV ? I don't know...