The latest Brazilian wonderkid : 16 year old Endrick

A Palmerias player. Impressive. None of my Palmeiras supporting friends have mentioned him to me. Looking the goods, tough I have seen so many young "next big thing" from Brazil not making the big time, due to expectations. Out of the 1993 World Youth Cup winning team, only the goalkeeper Dida did anything significant with his career. The others disappeared.

Yesterday, at just 16 years of age, Endrick won the Brasilisro with Palmieras! In fact, having been started playing with the senior team 4 games ago, he already scored 3 goals and assisted another.

given how young yet talented Endrick is, I was thinking he could win the 2023 U-17, 2023 U-20, 2024 Olympics, 2025 Copa America, 2026 World Cup, and still only be 20 years old!!! How crazy is that???

Yesterday Palmeiras won the stats championship Of São Paulo (Paulista) and Endrick scored a goal, which is his second in a row after going 14 games without scoring.

At just 16, Endrick has already won almost everything there is to win in Brazil, with the exception of a Copa Libertadores? Absolutely astonishing, ebbs if he was just a reserve for most of these.

Campeonato Brasileiro Série A: 2022
Supercopa do Brasil: 2023
Campeonato Paulista: 2023

And just like that, after wasting 14 games without scoring, he has now scored 3 goals in 3 games, in 3 different competitions. I thought that once he starts scoring again, the floodgates would open. Hope he makes up for the long goal-less streak and starts scoring a lot of goals.

I did notice 2 of his 3 goals have been what you would describe as tap-ins, but that is not fair to him because it makes it seems like anyone would score these goals, when in reality it was from a fast ball and a lot of players would likely miss.

We have had too many Brazilians in the last few years - including Neymar- missing easy sitters. So I am very happy that Endrick seems capable of covering these.

given how young yet talented Endrick is, I was thinking he could win the 2023 U-17, 2023 U-20, 2024 Olympics, 2025 Copa America, 2026 World Cup, and still only be 20 years old!!! How crazy is that???

Sad to update that exactly a year later, he didn't get to invited to any of these tournaments yet (Upcoming U-17 starting next week and the U-20 WC from May, as well as the South American Youth Championship from February which Brazil won) . He has been a victim of his own success, as hie club and stupid and arrogant Portuguese coach refuses to both play him regular minutes at Palmieras, nor is he letting him play with the youth NT.

However, he has finally been rewarded: today, at just 17 year old, he has been called by the national coach Diniz to play for Brazil in their next two qualifiers against Colombia and Argentina. Such great news! He becomes the younger player since Pele to be called (assuming he plays) at such a young age.

ASHOOR

Endrick scored his 9th goal of the season tonight!

Endrick is the first player aged 17 or under to score at least 9 goals in the Brasileirão since... Neymar in 2009!Endrick has 9 goals in Brasileirão 2023, Neymar scored 10 goals in Brasileirão 2009.

And there you have it! Tonight was the last day of the Brazilian league and Palmeiras/Endrick won their second title in a row!

Trying to put Endrick winning a second league title at just 17, when most kids are barely done high school. Imagine a player who started playing at 18 or 19 and takes him close to a decade to win their first title. In other words , Endrick won 2 titles before they had even started playing professionally.

Now just imagine if he can add a Copa America to that? He may as well retire at 17 and would have already accomplished 50% more than what most players do in an entire career!

BTW it is a sad night for Brazilian football as Santos just got relegated for the first time in their 112 year history. Pele must be rolling in his grave.

They needed a tie at least and while they managed to come from behind to tie the game, Fortaleza scored in the 96th mins and got Santos relegated.

Only three players have scored more than 10 goals in the Brazilian league before their 18th birthday:
1. Ronaldo: 12 goals at 16 years old
2. Endrick: 11 goals at 17 years old
3. Neymar: 10 goals at 17 years old

What do you guys think of the borderline ‘Royal’ reception that Endrick has been getting at Madrid in his first visit? I don’t remember any player getting a similar experience, at least not at such a young age and solely based on what he has done at Brazil.

Looks like Madrid is set to market this player and milking as much money from him as they possible can in next few years. Heck it already started before he has even joined.

Does this him for failure by putting too much pressure on him or does this set the stage for him to shine and excel?D0705BF7-2E11-45E7-8322-24FC3D170F68.jpeg

After scoring against England at Wembley, Endrick came in as a sun yesterday and scored against Spain at the Barnabeau ! How amazing is that!

At just 17 years old, Endrick has played a total of 90 mins for Brazil across 4 games and already has 2 goals. In fact, he needs just one more to equal Vinicius who has a disappointing 3 goals from 27 games (total of about 1600 mins played)F217185C-9B7B-4325-8D25-F60F8E862818.jpeg523F3BD7-B8C0-49A4-99CE-FEC315807346.jpegED59D049-9199-4D1C-BC03-00A3C91D82B9.jpeg

Finally one of your predictions coming true :). A real star making a name for himself. As with all young players who burst on to the scene, he needs to be managed and not get ahead of himself.

Finally one of your predictions coming true :). A real star making a name for himself. As with all young players who burst on to the scene, he needs to be managed and not get ahead of himself.
I am literally praying they don't mismanage this kid the way they did so many other youngsters who had so much promise, only to be mismanaged and lost in obscurity.

Back