The best type of Assyrian rice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASHOOR

Administrator
Staff member
how does your mom or yourself make your rice?

i need some good tips plz, cuz my mom never puts any salt or oil in it...

ASHOR

Riza khwara?

You need salt to bring the flavor out.  Not to much, few pinches, depending on the serving size.  I usually do it in the pot with water and olive oil. 

My mom uses butter. And After the ricke is cooked and all she puts some of the grease of the chicken she prepared in the oven. She has this glass bowl or something. And there she puts the chicken and there always stays some grease of the chicken. I love it.
My sister in law she makes this Indian rice and I like that one too ( Basmati Rice).

My mum boils her rice then once it's done she gets another qoosarta and melts margarine in it and puts half a slice of lebanese bread in it and then throws the rice on the top. After around, I dunno, 20-30 mins, it's ready and the lebanese bread is all crispy, they call it taadik. YUM.

Also I know this is typically Iranian but baghaleh pilau, which is rice with broad beans and herbs. YUM also.

I gotta admit biryani is off the hook but Persians do rice better.

What about Sha3reeya?  :blink:
now try to translate sha3reeya in english looool (its like a thin noodles)

Anyways here a pic that i found lol but not round like this - its usualy broken into pieces. "EGG NOODLES"
misko-think-noodles.jpg

Here is how i make my Riza  :mrgreen:
1- Oilve Oil and add a little bit Sha3reeya (egg noodles).. till its brown
2- I add the Rice - but after i have it in the water for couple of hours.  I stir it till its mixed with Sha3reeya too.
3- Add hot boiled chicken flav water (if its not salty enough you can add salt or bouillon (MAGIE) - (i prefer the chicken flav water over just water)  :giggle:
4- Leave it on low heat and leave it to cook on the low heat.
5- Optional to add with it - Moi hubby loves pinto beans with it too.. so i make it just how he loves it  :)

If you want to make a Red Riza (riza smouqa lol)

3- Add hot boiled chicken flav water with tomato paste  (if its not salty enough you can add salt or bouillon (MAGIE).

Done
:mrgreen:

This has already been posted Ashoor, qam raziletlan nasha.

http://www.assyrianvoice.net/forum/index.php?topic=15780.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back