• Our popular and beloved forums are finally back, after being down since April 2018 due to hosting and server issues. We have now switched to a better platform, while maintenaing all data as it was before (contents and user names) . Thank you for your patience and loyalty. If you have any questions, need to report an error, or are having trouble logging in, please email us at: assyrianvoice@rogers.com

The Assyrian Alphabets

ASHOOR

Administrator
Staff member
Given how popular this section is, and how many people come here to learn the language, I think it is only natural that we have a sticky for the Assyrian alphabets.

Let us work together on this, to write the Assyrian alphabet please, and their English pronunciation.

To start, there are 22 letters in the Assyrian (Syriac) language, and we type from right to left.

ASHOOR

Zawoyo

As far as I can see there is no describtion of pronunciation in western Assyrian, so here it is:

ܐ  olaf
ܒ  beth
ܓ  gomal
ܕ  dolath
ܗ  heh
ܘ  waw
ܙ  zai
ܚ  Heth
ܛ  Teth
ܝ  yodh
ܟܟ  kof
ܠ  lomadh
ܡܡ  meem
ܢܢ  noon
ܣ  simkath
ܥ ?eh
ܦ  feh
ܨ  Sodheh
ܩ  qof
ܪ  resh
ܫ  sheen
ܬ  taw

ASHOOR

Administrator
Staff member
Lovemoon, I am glad you made it here finally ;)

Hope you can contribute to this 'Learn Assyrian' section please, as it has so much potential, with so many people coming here, wanting to learn more about our language.

ASHOOR

Lovemoon

ASHOOR said:
Lovemoon, I am glad you made it here finally ;)

Hope you can contribute to this 'Learn Assyrian' section please, as it has so much potential, with so many people coming here, wanting to learn more about our language.

ASHOOR
khenaa ana ewan akh apsaa melana. yan atyan hamashaa, yan talqannnn lol

mrzurnaci

ASHOOR said:
The images are no longer valid, do you have another source?

Thanks

ASHOOR
yea I'm working with Vector Graphics technology, beats the hell out of PNGs

whoever needs them full size, or bigger than full size, contact me via PM please - even poster size available.

thx and 'eedokhon breekha

P.S. Hebrew version available -

r-johnny

Hi Ashoor.
I am new here to the site, but glad to have found what I've been searching for.
I want to learn Aramaic very, very much, and find out more.

Reading the replies has shown that I am not alone.

Thanks for this site.

R-johnny

Hanuni

sinan2980 said:
I NEED TO KNOW HOW TO WRITE ( KARINA) (DAVID) (DANIEL) IN ASSYRIAN IF YOU COULD HELP ME PLEASE.
This should be it:

Karina - ܟܪܝܢܐ
David - ܕܘܝܕ
Daniel - ܕܢܐܝܠ

Cameraman

Hi mrzurn,

HI mate, is their a possibility to have the assyrian alphabet sent to me,
I need it for a design project for my uni.
many thanks brother,