Texting While Driving

jacob

I was at our City Council meeting last night and they passed a ban within the city limits on texting while driving.  I applaud them and think it's a great step.  Today I saw this PSA on YouTube and found it very effective.  It's always the Europeans that have these kinds of Public Service Announcements that leave such an impression.  The ones here in the US are so weak, plus they only get shown on TV at 4AM when no young people are watching.

Anyway watch this and discuss.  Do you think texting while driving bans should be put in place everywhere?

WARNING: VERY GRAPHIC AND VERY EFFECTIVE

[youtube=425,350]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FPjI2dG17gI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FPjI2dG17gI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/youtube]

I also watched an American news report about this PSA, that was produced by a small town police department in Wales, and they couldn't even show the whole thing on TV cause it was too graphic.  I think it really says something about our leftover Puritanical ways that something this important can't be seen because it's too realistic.  Keep living in your fantasy world America.  No point in facing the reality on the ground.

I've seen guys shave while driving and women do their hair or makeup while driving. This relative of mine paints her toenails while driving...what a dumbass. Don't ask me how she does it...she's a psychopath.

But yea, stop doing sh*t while you're driving, especially if you're unable to multitask and have to stare at sh*t while you're really supposed to have your eyes on the road.

This is why I hate to see drivers using cell phones while driving, if you don't care about your life at least care for others.

I have seen that PSA before and actually stopped texting while driving cuz of how scary it was. I only do things now at a red light or stop sign and yes I apply make up too.

Back