Supporting Iraq and why it's wrong.

ASHOOR said:
Who are you calling a Kurd? Watch your language! Don't just throw labels without thinking!

On what basis do you call me that or Bani? And if you are referring to Bani, when did he even mention the word 'Kurd'? He does defend Palestinians, but what does that have to do with him being a Kurdish sympathizer? enlighten us.

ASHOOR
i call whoever i want for kurd/arab :shades: :bangin:

No you don't! That is called false accusation and you get booted for it. It is against our terms of service.

It is just like going around and spreading false rumors about you.

You should go back and correct it or people won't be taking you very seriously here.

Ashoor

ASHOOR said:
No you don't! That is called false accusation and you get booted for it. It is against our terms of service.

It is just like going around and spreading false rumors about you.

You should go back and correct it or people won't be taking you very seriously here.

Ashoor
if he supports arab he can be an arab

It's quite unfortunate that our chit chat and sports posts are always more popular. It says a lot about the average Assyrian person (and that's the average Assyrian who knows how to use the internet).

ins001 said:
It's quite unfortunate that our chit chat and sports posts are always more popular. It says a lot about the average Assyrian person (and that's the average Assyrian who knows how to use the internet).

It is ironic and funny you say that man, because just yesterday I thought to myself: for the first time in a long time, the other sections (News, Culture and Serious Discussions) are more popular than the chit chat section, which had traditionally been the most popular section for over 10 years now.

The sports section has been very quiet in the last few months, as it seems no one is interested in sports lol (only me) but now that Asia Cup 2015 is on, Bani is back and he makes it interesting.

ASHOOR

Domanic said:
Calling an ASSYRIAN, Kurdish randomly is like calling Sunni Arabs civilised.

It's just not true and never going to happen in a lifetime.
bro i just told you i meant arab what part if it did your brain not understand?

getting BACK to the topic...

Iraq is a failed country that was forcefully put into existence by the British because they wanted to control the entire oil supply of the region...

Why else did they put the SUNNI MINORITY into government against everybody else? Since Iraq was created, the majority of the country was the Shi'a...

mrzurnaci said:
Why else did they put the SUNNI MINORITY into government against everybody else? Since Iraq was created, the majority of the country was the Shi'a...
Because the Sunnis would be more loyal to the Brits?

Straw King said:
Oh there was. Many Assyrians also waved the Iraqi flags (most were chaldean)

Not surprised. Hopefully less than a quarter of them? :( Wavering loyalty is such a problem.

elevated said:
Not surprised. Hopefully less than a quarter of them? :( Wavering loyalty is such a problem.
Well before the celebration , during the games ALL of them were waving Iraqi flags, and some brought in Assyrian flags (they were told to put them away or else they will get a fine) but they sneaked them in anyway.

It's a shame what assimilation can make you do. Support a country that killed your own people.

If you support something that in reality never has acknowlegded you, your identity and your rights, then you truly have failed to get a clear understanding and the importance of being anything but positive sided with it.

It might be just a Team, but that Team is conacted to a ideology, language, culture.
Therefore just tell me, do the Boarders of that country match your homeland? Does the language match yours? Does the Flag represent you?

For Assyrians in general its important to not trap into this: Its just a sports team. If Assyrians from other occupied areas support their occupiers (state, culture, religion, flag ...all different that what we are) we will never be able to have our own cause... Our people in the differebt occupied areay of assyria will never be taken seriousky by the int. Communities.... Its very simple either you are 100% Assyrian or not.

Any % you give away (for example supporting your occupier) will put you in a different spot not worth being support and taken seriuosly by the int. Communities. Just take for that mstter the kurds as an example. Iraq kniws clearly that they do not feel raqi... Look where it got them...on the way to independence....

So therefore it might sound anything but harmful supporting a sports Team, in reality it makes you not able to struggle for your cause since you arw wmotionally tied to the occupier...

I agree. I can't understand the love for Iraqi's team and their flag (the latter part is what irks me!). I don't like how some Assyrians hold their flag all the time. Iraqis never cared about us! Why should we care about them? Such a shame...

My dad dies for Iraqi soccer, as do my sister's in-laws. I don't get it. Granted, if Iraq were versing Iran or Saudi Arabia I'd go for them. Besides that, I really couldn't care less.

I'm not that extreme on this spectrum. Support the Iraq team if you want (not extremely though), but ditch their flag I say.

Oh, with that being said, I'm happy that Australia won the AFC. Assyrians have gotten more recognition by Australia than Iraq ever did in its history.

privatebenjamin said:
I agree. I can't understand the love for Iraqi's team and their flag (the latter part is what irks me!). I don't like how some Assyrians hold their flag all the time. Iraqis never cared about us! Why should we care about them? Such a shame...

My dad dies for Iraqi soccer, as do my sister's in-laws. I don't get it. Granted, if Iraq were versing Iran or Saudi Arabia I'd go for them. Besides that, I really couldn't care less.

I'm not that extreme on this spectrum. Support the Iraq team if you want (not extremely though), but ditch their flag I say.

Oh, with that being said, I'm happy that Australia won the AFC. Assyrians have gotten more recognition by Australia than Iraq ever did in its history.

Some good points there regarding the flag. I am one who has supported the Iraqi team since I was like 7 years old. But I would never carry the Iraqi flag. I just wouldn't go that far. To support the team is different from supporting the country or the government etc.

It is something you grew up with and can't just quit on...well except when they suck badly! :mfr_lol:

ASHOOR

Rumtaya said:
If you support something that in reality never has acknowlegded you, your identity and your rights, then you truly have failed to get a clear understanding and the importance of being anything but positive sided with it.

It might be just a Team, but that Team is conacted to a ideology, language, culture.
Therefore just tell me, do the Boarders of that country match your homeland? Does the language match yours? Does the Flag represent you?

For Assyrians in general its important to not trap into this: Its just a sports team. If Assyrians from other occupied areas support their occupiers (state, culture, religion, flag ...all different that what we are) we will never be able to have our own cause... Our people in the differebt occupied areay of assyria will never be taken seriousky by the int. Communities.... Its very simple either you are 100% Assyrian or not.

Any % you give away (for example supporting your occupier) will put you in a different spot not worth being support and taken seriuosly by the int. Communities. Just take for that mstter the kurds as an example. Iraq kniws clearly that they do not feel raqi... Look where it got them...on the way to independence....

So therefore it might sound anything but harmful supporting a sports Team, in reality it makes you not able to struggle for your cause since you arw wmotionally tied to the occupier...

Well said.

my dad remembers when Iraq has the Star of Ishtar in it before they changed it to Asamahu Akhar (allahu ackderp)

Back