• Our popular and beloved forums are finally back, after being down since April 2018 due to hosting and server issues. We have now switched to a better platform, while maintenaing all data as it was before (contents and user names) . Thank you for your patience and loyalty. If you have any questions, need to report an error, or are having trouble logging in, please email us at: assyrianvoice@rogers.com

Spotify

AssyrianDrummer

What does everyone think of this new software that is slowly taking over the world?
Do you use it?
Does anyone on here pay for the premium?

For those who do not know, Spotify is a free downloaded program where you can listen to any band/song/artist by typing in their name... BUT you cant download the song! and if you have a free version... there are adverts between each song... unless you quickly select a song before the one you are listening to finishes...

jacob

AssyrianDrummer said:
What does everyone think of this new software that is slowly taking over the world?
Do you use it?
Does anyone on here pay for the premium?

For those who do not know, Spotify is a free downloaded program where you can listen to any band/song/artist by typing in their name... BUT you cant download the song! and if you have a free version... there are adverts between each song... unless you quickly select a song before the one you are listening to finishes...

I have friends in Europe who love it and say it is the best thing to happen to music listening in a long time.  It's not available in the US last time I checked.

the_dave

yeah its been around in sweden for a long time now, its very good and bettter if you pay for it, so it is a bit of a revolution in music online,

hoewever i hope the evolution will come to that everything will be like it but that we take a certian "tax" from the money we pay to our broadband operators then some of that "taxmoney" will go to companies that we "klick" on, on the internet sort of... that will end all this stupid fights with no one getting any money for their copyrights and so... and that will make the internet free again just like it was at its early days where no one cared if you downloaded something from somone....

GodismyJudge

I have it but I used a temp account of a friend of mine. So now I can't use it anymore :(. But damn spotify on the iPhone was really nice.
There are also alternatives like Grooveshark ( also on iPhone)