• Our popular and beloved forums are finally back, after being down since April 2018 due to hosting and server issues. We have now switched to a better platform, while maintenaing all data as it was before (contents and user names) . Thank you for your patience and loyalty. If you have any questions, need to report an error, or are having trouble logging in, please email us at: assyrianvoice@rogers.com

Should Assyrians date/marry non-Assyrians or only Assyrians?

Cascade said:
Black people too. They may be fare lower than whites and Asians in the US (I believe we would too) when it comes to IQ, but that doesn't mean they're an overall stupid race who are incapable of having knowledge. Too much welfare and victim mentality has made them "dumb" as well.

For me it's about looks though (you forgot that part). Blacks have strong genes and our children will virtually look African if we procreate with an African-descent person. We all want our kids resembling us, don't we not?
I'm not too sure about the blacks - maybe the African Americans have a certain penchant for intelligence but as for Africa, the place is still a shit hole no matter how much money we throw at it and it's mainly civilisational and cultural but I haven't done enough reading to comment on it nor do I intend to waste my time on it.

As for 'looks', I completely agree with you.

I agree about looks too. If an Assyrian were too marry a non-Assyrian, I'd hope that the person they marry could pass off as an Assyrian appearance wise or at least resemble us.

mrzurnaci

SonOfAssyria said:
I agree about looks too. If an Assyrian were too marry a non-Assyrian, I'd hope that the person they marry could pass off as an Assyrian appearance wise or at least resemble us.
and if they can't, the least they can do is learn Assyrian.

Cascade

Mr. Tambourine Man said:
I'm not too sure about the blacks - maybe the African Americans have a certain penchant for intelligence but as for Africa, the place is still a **** hole no matter how much money we throw at it and it's mainly civilisational and cultural but I haven't done enough reading to comment on it nor do I intend to waste my time on it.

As for 'looks', I completely agree with you.
Yeah, I agree that Africa is a hellhole with high crime, poverty and corruption.

When I have a smart African in mind, I think of astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson. :)

Nemrud

I myself dont mind assyrians marry non assyrians, almost all do it here in sweden. But what l really really really want them to do is to teach the assyrian language to their children because l would consider them assyrian lf they atleast know the language. Or actually lf the child consider himself more assyrian than non assyrian then its also okay, solong he got atleast one assyrian mother or father. But l myself want to marry and have children with an assyrian because l want the child to be full assyrian, and the women to.

I've seen this trend happen a lot: When people of different ethnicities have children, for some reason their children also end up marrying someone of a different race. This is what worries me the most in our case, because if an Assyrian marries a non-Assyrian, I feel as if their children are much more likely to marry a non-Assyrian.

mrzurnaci

SonOfAssyria said:
I've seen this trend happen a lot: When people of different ethnicities have children, for some reason their children also end up marrying someone of a different race. This is what worries me the most in our case, because if an Assyrian marries a non-Assyrian, I feel as if their children are much more likely to marry a non-Assyrian.
Or they'll realized Assyrian women make better wives because Feminism has turned many generations of women into unmarry-able, un-wifeable, entitled brats and quickly go to their Assyrian side :)

mrzurnaci said:
Or they'll realized Assyrian women make better wives because Feminism has turned many generations of women into marry-able, un-wifeable, entitled brats and quickly go to their Assyrian side :)
hmmm lets hope thats the case :p

Nemrud

Would you see a half assyrian, assyrian? l do but if the half assyrian marries an full assyrian then hes children will also be full assyrian, i think....it also depends on the half assyrian, if he consider himself full assyrian or not.