Seminars

~*Merooona*~

Ok so I'll be giving my first seminar presentation next friday. It was supposed to be this friday but it got moved.

For those of you that have done seminar presentations.. do you have any suggestions on how to "memorize" the presentation? The journal article I'm presenting has nothing to do with my research so its a little harder to present than my own stuff. I'm supposed to talk for 40 mins  :blink:

My seminar professors wants to see the least amount of words possible in our power point presentation. So... I have to memorize the whole thing pretty much.

suggestions? anyone?  :please: :please:

40 mins?!  I would write down all the key points of your presentation on 3x5 cards and go over the presentation to a group of friends over and over again until it becomes fluid.  The rest is your knowledge, personality, and improvisation.  Remember...eye contact is key, keep the audience focused on you, and don't sweat it.  Good luck. 

thanks  :)

Ya.. i was thinking of the friends thing. I feel bad making them sit through a presentation for 40 mins. They better be some pretty good friends.

Back