• Our popular and beloved forums are finally back, after being down since April 2018 due to hosting and server issues. We have now switched to a better platform, while maintenaing all data as it was before (contents and user names) . Thank you for your patience and loyalty. If you have any questions, need to report an error, or are having trouble logging in, please email us at: assyrianvoice@rogers.com

Semifinal: Holland vs. uruguay

ASHOOR

Administrator
Staff member
Honestly I didn't know he was a diver until I saw him play against Brazil. He is better than the rest of the divers in that he is less detectable when he does it. Melo should have finished his career with the Brazil NT by having ended Robbin's career itself.

Other than that, congrats to Holland

Ashoor

davidb

ASHOOR said:
Honestly I didn't know he was a diver until I saw him play against Brazil. He is better than the rest of the divers in that he is less detectable when he does it. Melo should have finished his career with the Brazil NT by having ended Robbin's career itself.

Other than that, congrats to Holland

Ashoor
Not really Ashoor, anyone who watched the premierleague when he played for Chelsea would know that he's up there with the worlds best divers/play actors. He is very well known for it.

jacob

Good game overall. As a neutral observer I didn't care who won, but I do like Van der Vaart a lot so I was kind of rooting for the Dutch.  But by the middle of the first half they had pissed me off so much with their diving and theatrics, that I started actively cheering for Uruguay. (especially since Suarez, diver of the tourney, wasn't there)

Oh and Sneijder's goal shouldn't have counted since Van Persie was clearly offside and active in the play.

GodismyJudge

He isnt the diver h? used to be. And Ashoor don't complain about divers if the team you support 80% of them are divers. This goes for almost every south american team. There is one ultimate diver and that is Rivaldo. All the goals scored were not the benefit of ? dive so stop complainig.

ASHOOR

Administrator
Staff member
GodismyJudge said:
He isnt the diver h? used to be. And Ashoor don't complain about divers if the team you support 80% of them are divers. This goes for almost every south american team. There is one ultimate diver and that is Rivaldo. All the goals scored were not the benefit of ? dive so stop complainig.
No bro, I didn't even know much about Robben before, but I have now seen him and you can see almost everyone else here saying the same thing. Brazil was the victim but I hope the team in the final will learn from it and not fall for it.

Holland is certainly due for a world cup win, but players like this don't deserve it. Holland is a professional team that doesn't usually resort to these fake tactics (much like Germany, Brazil, USA, England etc.) and when you see a player as famous as RObben doing it, you get tired of it.

If I was Germany or Spain playing Holland in the final, first thing I would tell the referee before the game even has started: "Please watch Robben, he may try to take a foul or dive today, don't fall for it please...!"

ASHOOR

GodismyJudge

They showed all the fouls they commited on him on Dutch tv, and of course he dives but most of the time (80%) he gets hit. He plays very light so if someone bumps into him he falls, eventhough it is not a foul. He used to be worse I know, but he he isn't diving as much as before (thank god because I hate it).

Even I hate it when he dives or falls too quickly. But to say Brazil was the victim naaah (Felipe Melo deserved the red card). How many times did Brazil, Italy or Germany win because of a dive of one of their players on crucial moments. All the goals score were not because of a dive of Robben or any other player but in the case of the South American countries and Italy and Germany (in the past)it was. So they know how we feel if it happens to us. Karma's a bitch! :D

Based on their history Holland deserves to be World Champion. Everytime they got far they played great football ( and were the better team) but they never won. It is really frustrating to see that you play the most beautifull football ( 1974/1978) and be the ones who invented total football ( like the way Germany plays now) and never win. Now they play not so great and if they'll be WC they deserve it based on their history and all the bad luck they had.