Semifinal: Germany vs. Spain

It is amazing how people are writting off Spain, given how good Germany has played. Understand that, but you also have to realize Spain will not play as they did against Paraguay. I am sure they will study the German plan and adopt.

Muller will be missed a lot by Germany, which is arguably one of their best, if not the best players.

ASHOOR

Spain came up against two of the most defensive teams of the tournament, Portugal and Paraguay.  But I think they adapted well to playing against that style after they lost to the Swiss in the opener.  It has made for some bad games with uncharacteristic play by Spain.  I think against Germany things will be different because Germany doesn't just park their men in front of goal.

As much as I've been critical of Torres, watch him be the hero and score the winner just like Euro 08.  He desperately needs a breakout game, if he starts.

While most are writing Spain off, I give them a fighting chance. And even though Germany had to play England and Argentina, I think Spain had the tougher competition to get to the semis.  This should be a good game and I hope the Germans get crushed.

Viva La Furia Roja! Viva Espa?a!

I will have to agree with you. Spain has a great team. Inesta Xavi plus world class strikers with villa and torres.

They'll be very very hard to beat. Germany can prevail if they manage to play their "game", but i don't think Spain will let them. Anyway, I never expected that they'll make it to the semi finals with such a young and non-experienced team. In my point of view, they're already winners...even if they'll get kicked out.

As for Thomas M?ller, he'll be replaced (most likely) by Trochowski. Not a bad player either. His style is not like M?ller running and fighting, he's more a "flank giver". super technique and superb overview. If Klose is in good shape and trochowski has the chance to make one of his famous flanks in the center, they might win 2:1.

[youtube]2YzCEQ5ELiY[/youtube]

jacob said:
Spain came up against two of the most defensive teams of the tournament, Portugal and Paraguay.  But I think they adapted well to playing against that style after they lost to the Swiss in the opener.  It has made for some bad games with uncharacteristic play by Spain. I think against Germany things will be different because Germany doesn't just park their men in front of goal.

As much as I've been critical of Torres, watch him be the hero and score the winner just like Euro 08.  He desperately needs a breakout game, if he starts.

While most are writing Spain off, I give them a fighting chance. And even though Germany had to play England and Argentina, I think Spain had the tougher competition to get to the semis.  This should be a good game and I hope the Germans get crushed.

Viva La Furia Roja! Viva España!

Their football is so attractive that we sometimes forget that they are a counter-attacking team, meaning they actually defend with 8 or 9 players. Their counter attacks have been too fast for the teams they've come up against, that's why they've been so good.

Spain's best chance is to break their counter attacks and attack them when they're vulnerable, otherwise I don't see Spain breaking Germany's defense. Spain's quick football hasn't been effective so far. 

I said to the team, 'If you don't move around the pitch, you're not even going to beat teams like Canada" -Joachim Low 

In a recent interview
:giggle:

I am in Spain right now getting ready to watch the game and party in the streets. Too bad the party will be over after the game when Germany destroys them.

PKhoshaba said:
I am in Spain right now getting ready to watch the game and party in the streets. Too bad the party will be over after the game when Germany destroys them.

I'm so jealous of you right now! I'm planning to go to Spain sometime next year.

PKhoshaba said:

How exciting!  Hope your wrong on that last part, for our sake and yours  :lol:

PKhoshaba said:

Lucky, I was there early June, just missing the World Cup...where in Spain?

This game is tough love for me.  Since my #1 Holland just clinched I really want them to face Germany in the final in a 1974 Final Rematch (Payback!).  However, Spain is my #2 team and if they advance to final my heart will be torn :(  I think overall I will still root for Orange!

In my opinion I think whoever sticks with their game plan will win.  Germany is bigger, faster, and more organized than the Spanish players.  Spain has to really show up and attach and not let these guys counter.  Mueller's absence is key as well.  Should be a great match!

Let's Go you mighty Germans!

I still see Germany as the underdog in this match. I hope they come through....because the winner out of these two will beat Holland and win the World Cup.....

Germany_Flag.png

Its beautiful and there is a big arab influence here because during the crusades the arabs ran this land for 900 years, so you can definately see the Middle Eastern in the people.

I hope Germany wins. Spain didn't impress me at all like they did on Euro 2008. I predicted them as World Champions. Either way it will be a great match and the final as well with two teams who like to attack.

I am in the Cadiz area.....southern part. I was in Portugal over the weekend when Brazil lost. If you don't know there are many Brazilians in Portugal.........I was rooting for Portugal when they played Spain.

Germany has scored pretty early in most of their matches. The key for Spain is to hold them off scoring for at least first half an hour and see how that changes the German plan.

Better yet, score early on them. Germans don't give up of course. But that will sure cast some doubt in their plans.

ASHOOR

I guess Spain will take care of the Dutch, GO ESPANA.

Oh yeah, the Octopus picks the winner again, lol.

Back