• Our popular and beloved forums are finally back, after being down since April 2018 due to hosting and server issues. We have now switched to a better platform, while maintenaing all data as it was before (contents and user names) . Thank you for your patience and loyalty. If you have any questions, need to report an error, or are having trouble logging in, please email us at: assyrianvoice@rogers.com

Semifinal: Germany vs. Spain

jacob

That game is my game of the tournament.  Great action, no diving, no play acting, absolutely solid refereeing.  Spain absolutely dominated this game, I had no doubt that would happen.

Viva Espa?a! Stomp those diving Dutch.

jacob

I'm still in awe of the way Pique and Puyol played today.  They cleared every cross and every attempted through ball that came near them.  And the midfield almost never gave up the ball and were super fast in retrieving possession when they did lose it.  It easily could've been 3 or 4-0 if Xabi Alonso had his shooting boots on, Puyol hadn't blown his chance in the 1st half, and Pedro had passed to Torres on that break.

Spain is the cleanest team in the tournament and still my pick and favorite.

Knight

You are absolutely right Jacob.....I only saw one dive in the whole 90 mins.....it was Iniesta :p ... qashmar!

Senalco

I think most of us Forgot that Spain were the European champions, and prior to this event, they were the number one team in the world...

The problem is, Spain has not been on fire at all during this World cup. At times, they were boring, slow and playing unattractive football, yet they just did the job...

They did lose their opening game as well.

The Final will be difficult to predict. It can go either way........Will Torres Finally break the Duck and Score?

jacob

Knight said:
You are absolutely right Jacob.....I only saw one dive in the whole 90 mins.....it was Iniesta :p ... qashmar!
I'd throw Ozil's drop in the box in with that. It wasn't a major dive, but he went down easy without being fouled.  The ref was having none of it though. This guy is ref of the tourney so far. Great job.

Knight

jacob said:
I'd throw Ozil's drop in the box in with that. It wasn't a major dive, but he went down easy without being fouled.  The ref was having none of it though. This guy is ref of the tourney so far. Great job.
Yeah....spot on! Good Reffing and the work ethic of the players helped!

Knight

Going on with that...this would have been a great final...not a semi-final....off course, with Mueller in.

GodismyJudge

Spain played brilliant. But not that effective. They could have score so much more goals. I was enjoying the way Spain played, damn that was good. We will get a hard time beating Spain ( if we beat them ).